Re: [TOOL] remote rcon for teeworlds

So ...
I hope all suggestions from  matricks are considered in this mod.
Now the windows telnet client is working too, and the threads are synchronized too (I hope correct).

I hope it's the last version I have to post.

have fun
toilette

here the link : (all other links are changed too)

http://www.file-upload.net/download-161 … n.zip.html

27 (edited by azmeuk 2009-05-07 04:35:35)

I'm glad that such a mod exist now, but why must we use telnet? Wouldn't be easier for use to just type commands in the standard input of the program ?
I mean, if we had to connect to the host with ssh, to find the server process (using screen for example) and give it commands appears easier than doing a new telnet connection... Don't you think ?

If my english is too bad, tell me, I'll try to explain me by another way.

Play ctf_fall if you dare!

azmeuk wrote:

I'm glad that such a mod exist now, but why must we use telnet? Wouldn't be easier for use to just type commands in the standard input of the program ?
I mean, if we had to connect to the host with ssh, to find the server process (using screen for example) and give it commands appears easier than doing a new telnet connection... Don't you think ?

If my english is too bad, tell me, I'll try to explain me by another way.

I do not really know what you mean. How do you mean that with the commands? Where should the commands be written in?

29 (edited by Xara 2009-05-07 11:03:44)

What he means is, that it would be easier not having to connect to your server via telnet, but typing your commands directly into the console, in which your server runs.(not that i agree with that)

Xara wrote:

What he means is, that it would be easier not having to connect to your server via telnet, but typing your commands directly into the console, in which your server runs.(not that i agree with that)

That's it.

Play ctf_fall if you dare!

31 (edited by toilette 2009-05-07 15:13:19)

that's not possible, because the shell is NOT the teeworlds server.
for writing all commands in the shell, I have to re-program the shell so that the shell says the teeworlds server what it should do.
The telnet program is only needed to connect as a client to the teeworlds Server (a very poor client, but a client), so that you can administrate you server. the shell only execute the teeworlds server, this means the server is on the shell not the shell inside the server.
so there is no direct connection between your shell and the remote console of teeworlds.

-
But wait a little longer and you can administrate your server over the Internet (Im sitting on a frontend like plesk or confixx for teeworlds)
-

(love it)

check out these maps: infiltrate - choco - dustycloud

Hi,

I have tested it now, but when i type a cmd
"sv_map Roma" or something else it shows this: No such command: GECO.
what is the problem?

you have to say change_map roma big_smile

Please look at the date of a topic when making a post. Older post have usually lost interest and restarting these discussions is rarely, if ever, useful.  // ~{MS}~ Azon

Wrong section, post HERE: http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5070

USA pride. What now.

i know there some remote rcon for servers i have a idea that might make it eiser to use what if u just put the ip of server and the rcon password and it gives u the remote rcon that way just a idea what do u think about it?

I didn't understand anything...
Try to make normal sentences, i mean without 50words/sentence, with "." and "," and maybe someone will be able to answer correctly.

The, "remote rcon"...
I think you don't know what is the rcon...
"rcon" means remote console
You're saying "remote remote console"...

what's the difference with iCTF+ and iCTF?

Nice and thx, i have the same probs ^^

Account inactive since 11/8
.. Although i sometimes visit :3...

The first is some wannabe-instagib with a lot of useless features. The second one is Instagib.

<3 you.

Kicked on ur own server sux hmm

Account inactive since 11/8
.. Although i sometimes visit :3...

Kottizen wrote:

The first is some wannabe-instagib with a lot of useless features. The second one is Instagib.

Agree. Good mods are simple mods.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

toilette wrote:

that's not possible, because the shell is NOT the teeworlds server.
for writing all commands in the shell, I have to re-program the shell so that the shell says the teeworlds server what it should do.
The telnet program is only needed to connect as a client to the teeworlds Server (a very poor client, but a client), so that you can administrate you server. the shell only execute the teeworlds server, this means the server is on the shell not the shell inside the server.
so there is no direct connection between your shell and the remote console of teeworlds.

(Yeah I know this thread is very old but that doesn't matter)

I disagree. It is possible, and it would be much easier and straight forward than the telnet thing. The binary just needs to keep reading from stdin and execute the strings as commands.

That's what I'm looking for.

it doesent work if im connected on my root server via ssh and i type telnet localhost port this is waht comes out:

r32839:~# telnet localhost 8318
Trying 127.0.0.1...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused

What's your "rrcon_port" set to in your server's configuration file?

44 (edited by gilbert 2010-10-17 10:37:31)

Hi,
the_pro,
I also have this problem, but if you try to connect as root (omg) it works. Then you could became a usual user and connect again. It's looks like something blocks the connection...

And I also have another problem, described above:

Rule wrote:

I have tested it now, but when i type a cmd "sv_map Roma" or something else it shows this:
No such command: GECO.