Re: [MOD] ZBots

Ok, let's say what i've found...
if i'm lonely in the server and i vote to change bot number i get kicked and the vote have success. I can re-eneter, but that's not funny.
ZBots don't recover lost flags.
ZBots prefer to kill enemy in their range instead of killing the flagger.
They got no speed, cuz no correct hook system.
Their laser-aim is too perfect.
They are all really good hookers... maybe let hook skill more to deffers than to flaggers?
That's all.

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin

52 (edited by LordSk 2009-09-11 22:04:25)

mrlantastic wrote:

Ok, let's say what i've found...
if i'm lonely in the server and i vote to change bot number i get kicked and the vote have success. I can re-eneter, but that's not funny.
ZBots don't recover lost flags.
ZBots prefer to kill enemy in their range instead of killing the flagger.
They got no speed, cuz no correct hook system.
Their laser-aim is too perfect.
They are all really good hookers... maybe let hook skill more to deffers than to flaggers?
That's all.

Sry i dont get kicked when a such vote pass.
1. They did normaly but i must od a priority systeam indeed.
2. Depends of the situation.
3. Already said, if you can help me for that then do it.
4. I want them perfect, for the moment i want them to be godlike and after i will do some levels stuff.
5. Already did in fact, but if you are too close, they hook you and shot with shotgun.
6. ok thank you.

lordskelethom - want to reach me quickly? https://discord.gg/teeworlds

its a laggy server

« Owner of Teesites.net
« Domination Mod "Developer"
« Uptee Designer

54 (edited by buffer[] 2009-09-12 19:32:39)

Fisico wrote:

its a laggy server

Useful....
Be constructive plz.
Anyway, it's Sushi's server, (thanks to him for it wink) and it isn't so powerful.

|ZPote| buffer[]'s posterous

I suggest Fisico host the server instead, his server is good (that wasn't any kind of joke).

fisico has the same server as me wink

and yes its not that powerful and im hosting a lot of other servers and so on :\

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

Sushi Tee wrote:

fisico has the same server as me wink

and yes its not that powerful and im hosting a lot of other servers and so on :\

It is not your fault, it is mine ^^.
A such server need a bit power to works well, and i did not imagine that servers' cpus was so slow.

its a cheap one but actually enough for tw... but bots... xD

teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

Sushi Tee wrote:

its a cheap one but actually enough for tw... but bots... xD

Wasn't blaming you wink

60 (edited by Fisico 2009-09-13 18:11:38)

i can host a server to:)
it´s the best mod erver seen:)
because i dont host as many server than sushi:)

« Owner of Teesites.net
« Uptee Designer

Fisico wrote:

i can host a server to:)
it´s the best mod erver seen:)
because i dont host as many server than sushi:)

Thank you, but for the moment, Sushi's one is enough.

Yo... I was playing with the Z bots for a while and I wrote some stuff down that I noticed.

1: They get stuck between two options... Like for instance, a bot was trying to deiced to ether go the bottom path way in ctf4 or the middle path way, to get to the flag. It never got out of it's dilemma until a bot from the other team got in sight and he went for him. When you have time, make a priority list for what matters more in playing CTF, and what matters lest, so it never has to be stuck between for options.

2: I think... When a flag carrier is coming back to base, and the flag isn't there so it has to wait for it's flag to come back so it can capture the flag. So it tries to get some hearts and shields because it's low in them, but a team member on his own team toke them before he could get any. I think you see the problem in this. >o>

3: It kills it's self trying to kill me. o_o (Using the rocket launcher)

4: I'm not sure, but I don't think they have courtesy to spawns that have no shields, riffle, laser, or rocket launcher. They (The ones that already have at lest a little more than they do) take if before the spawns can. I think if they had courtesy, it would slightly ups their chances of winning.

5: If one bot is trying to capture the flag and come across 2 bots on the other team. The tow bots both attack him. This would be fine if the bot trying to run away was still in the base of the other two bots, but if it's almost to it's own base it's a bad thing. One should kill the flag carrier and one should get the flag on the other team so he can't capture the flag if the one bot failed to kill him. <3

6: If a flag, let's say the blue flag get's dropped and a red team bot tries to get the dropped flag and there is two blue team bots there. They both kill the red bot. I think it'd be better if one would get the dropped flag and the other would kill the red bot.

7: Question, If a bot gets hurt by a tee/bot, but the tee/bot that just hurt it is out of seeing range, does it go after the tee/bot that just hurt it?

8: Last thing; Question, If a bot low in health, that has the flag is trying running to it's base to capture it. Will it take a less dangerous routs so it may survive? I think most the time it's main goal is to kill the bot that is trying to kill it. And by doing so, it's putting it's self in harms way.

Thanks for you time. :]

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

You have to teach them better moving. They hook pretty fast, it doesn't compare with rly high speed. If you want them to gain the speed using hook they have to know how much time hook must be on, so that they will fly in the right direction. Teach them at least to capture the flag on ctf2 for 11-12 seconds, then i'll call them fast.
And maybe rocketjumps, teach them to do a rocketjumps when it's needed.

Stay wild big_smile

[Heroes] Variecs wrote:

You have to teach them better moving. They hook pretty fast, it doesn't compare with rly high speed. If you want them to gain the speed using hook they have to know how much time hook must be on, so that they will fly in the right direction. Teach them at least to capture the flag on ctf2 for 11-12 seconds, then i'll call them fast.

Using hook to go fast requires a lot of modding. Using the hook properly the bot needs to know where am I relation to the wall, then it can calculate the angle degree oh the hook and what time would you go the fastest and when do you need to let go. There are a lot of other factors but it just takes time and testing.

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

65 (edited by buffer[] 2009-09-14 07:34:42)

|X-treme|Bee wrote:

Yo... I was playing with the Z bots for a while and I wrote some stuff down that I noticed.

1: They get stuck between two options... Like for instance, a bot was trying to deiced to ether go the bottom path way in ctf4 or the middle path way, to get to the flag. It never got out of it's dilemma until a bot from the other team got in sight and he went for him. When you have time, make a priority list for what matters more in playing CTF, and what matters lest, so it never has to be stuck between for options.

2: I think... When a flag carrier is coming back to base, and the flag isn't there so it has to wait for it's flag to come back so it can capture the flag. So it tries to get some hearts and shields because it's low in them, but a team member on his own team toke them before he could get any. I think you see the problem in this. >o>

3: It kills it's self trying to kill me. o_o (Using the rocket launcher)

4: I'm not sure, but I don't think they have courtesy to spawns that have no shields, riffle, laser, or rocket launcher. They (The ones that already have at lest a little more than they do) take if before the spawns can. I think if they had courtesy, it would slightly ups their chances of winning.

5: If one bot is trying to capture the flag and come across 2 bots on the other team. The tow bots both attack him. This would be fine if the bot trying to run away was still in the base of the other two bots, but if it's almost to it's own base it's a bad thing. One should kill the flag carrier and one should get the flag on the other team so he can't capture the flag if the one bot failed to kill him. <3

6: If a flag, let's say the blue flag get's dropped and a red team bot tries to get the dropped flag and there is two blue team bots there. They both kill the red bot. I think it'd be better if one would get the dropped flag and the other would kill the red bot.

7: Question, If a bot gets hurt by a tee/bot, but the tee/bot that just hurt it is out of seeing range, does it go after the tee/bot that just hurt it?

8: Last thing; Question, If a bot low in health, that has the flag is trying running to it's base to capture it. Will it take a less dangerous routs so it may survive? I think most the time it's main goal is to kill the bot that is trying to kill it. And by doing so, it's putting it's self in harms way.

Thanks for you time. :]

1. Hmmm, Lord should have been fix that.. Anyway, thanks for reporting.

2. I see. You mean they don't play in team ^^".

3. xD I'll add a distance in the code.

4. Yes, like in 2.

5. Like 6.

6. Ok, you mean there must be a priority

7. It depend. If he is covering and this bot is going to the flagger, yes.
If both bots are attacking and flags are in theire base, no.

8. We have though about take tee in ways to get a danger level, but it's not done.

For the hook, it's very complex, and Lord is trying to get a better algorythm using hook accel, etc.
But we think they can go faster wink

[Heroes] Variecs wrote:

Indeed we need a good teacher, perhaps can you do that for us ? smile
Seriously it is very hard to code a correct algorythm to "teach" them how get speed without stuck and striking barriers with their hook, but we will try to do our best.

lordskelethom wrote:

Indeed we need a good teacher, perhaps can you do that for us ?
Seriously it is very hard to code a correct algorythm to "teach" them how get speed without stuck and striking barriers with their hook, but we will try to do our best.

Sorry, but i don't know C++ yet yikes i'm gonna teach it, but for now i can only give you some advices

Stay wild big_smile

68 (edited by Bee 2009-09-14 16:58:45)

buffer[] wrote:

1. Hmmm, Lord should have been fix that.. Anyway, thanks for reporting.

2. I see. You mean they don't play in team ^^".

3. xD I'll add a distance in the code.

4. Yes, like in 2.

5. Like 6.

6. Ok, you mean there must be a priority

7. It depend. If he is covering and this bot is going to the flagger, yes.
If both bots are attacking and flags are in theire base, no.

8. We have though about take tee in ways to get a danger level, but it's not done.

For the hook, it's very complex, and Lord is trying to get a better algorythm using hook accel, etc.
But we think they can go faster wink

2: Yeah, which would work if there was only 1 of them.

4: ...?

5: ...?

6: Yes! I don't know how you can do that... But if you can't find a good way to do it, just make a random chance decision program when they get stuck.

Another thing, when I was playing with the bots I was defending the base, and I saw a bot from the other team was trying to get my flag, so I kept on shooting the rocket launcher and before the bot got to the flag it kept on getting hit by the capsules and died before it got to the flag. It seemed not to know that if you run into your explosions you will get hurt... and die.

Lord can you pls make a ctf2 bot map
i will host it for you
cause i want help you

« Owner of Teesites.net
« Uptee Designer

Fisico wrote:

Lord can you pls make a ctf2 bot map
i will host it for you
cause i want help you

Already done, but for the moment i can't do anything due to personal issues.
Don't worry i will be able to continue soon.
Btw thank you for your help.

can i host a server?
because i want to play alone at my own server on the beta server there are only noobs
pls

« Owner of Teesites.net
« Uptee Designer

i think lord said no often enough! -.-

*gV* rox ^^

sad(((((((((

Please try to give your posts a bit more content so it can contribute to the topic. Useless posts like this won't do much good to any discussion. // ~{MS}~ Azon

« Owner of Teesites.net
« Uptee Designer

Yes.
Sushi is the only one who got the sources,
they won't be release for anyone.

You will be able to play them but you won't get the source as it could be used for aimbots. Accept that and stop asking.

Qi - high level gaming
qi.m0g.net