26 (edited by Tee Killa 2009-05-26 20:02:33)

Re: [TEESKIN] by grummi

There is something a firend of mine want to tell you:

Hi, this is Goldtrayler,
You have taken the fame for a tee skin which i made recently without giving me ANY credit.
Please mention my name in the making of this tee, as i have done almost all of the work.
I dont know how you recieved this file as i have not published it yet.
DONT DO IT AGAIN!
Goldtrayler

P.S. Grrr...

Goldtrayler's Frankenstein:
http://quickfire.freeforums.org/download/file.php?id=20

Grummi's Frankenstein:
http://quickfire.freeforums.org/download/file.php?id=19

-> Seems you have just edited the colour of Goldtrayler's Frankenstein and the eyes, without giving any credits to him.
     That's why he's angry...

» Use the Search Function before opening multiple topics...
» Member of: JsA - Just stay Alloha! (since 2009)

TeE~KillA, you can tell your friend this:

Hi Goldtrayler.

Sorry, but I made my Frankenstein skin myself. (I only took the hand and foot from the Messenger's skin template.)
I didn't get your skin file. In fact, I can't even access the files you're linking to.

It seems we had the same idea, but I was faster in releasing it. Bad luck for you, because I wouldn't have made a Frankenstein skin, if there had already been one.

PS: About the fame thing: I didn't even get one response to my Frankenstein skin, so no fame there tongue

@ ilili: I'll see what I can do wink

aka cheesy

28 (edited by The Messenger 2009-05-27 13:10:53)

grummi wrote:

TeE~KillA, you can tell your friend this:

Hi Goldtrayler.

Sorry, but I made my Frankenstein skin myself. (I only took the hand and foot from the Messenger's skin template.)
I didn't get your skin file. In fact, I can't even access the files you're linking to.

It seems we had the same idea, but I was faster in releasing it. Bad luck for you, because I wouldn't have made a Frankenstein skin, if there had already been one.

PS: About the fame thing: I didn't even get one response to my Frankenstein skin, so no fame there tongue

@ ilili: I'll see what I can do wink

u really dont need to give any credits to me.=D
btw your skins are really nice, go on!
p.s. with what  are u uploading the skins?

The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they're going to be when you kill them.

29 (edited by grummi 2009-05-27 14:29:20)

At first I uploaded them to photobucket.com, but then I found out that these images are somehow modified.
Now I upload to imageshack.us.

[Edit]
Uploaded a piggy with tail.

aka cheesy

check my forum good sir.

hello, my names jack, i love making new skins and i have a rubber duck for a gun!

why not...

31 (edited by William Tee Riker 2009-05-28 10:43:52)

grummi, your skins are great! smile

As it turned out, grummi wasn't stealing any skins. Instead, goldtrayler stole grummi's Frankenstein skin, modified it and sent it to a friend, who knew the original skin by grummi. Being confronted with the obvious similarity, goldtrayler alleged that grummi stole his skin. Of course, he didn't want to admit to his friend that he took grummi's skin.
Now grummi still has his original Inkscape vector graphics file which he used to generate the PNG - proving that he is the original creator, while goldtrayler has no evidence at all. Funny thing, he said that he used Photoshop and - unfortunately - didn't save his Photoshop file and has just a PNG.
So please don't listen to his accusations, as they are entirely baseless and actually he is the one who stole a skin.

No. Thats a lie - grummi, i dont mind, i forgive you, but tomas has come onto my forum, started insulting me and arguing about this. He used some completely meaningless points such as, "you dont have the vector files, because you 'Lost' the photoshop file"  This idiot doesnt realise that skins only work in png. i always save all work as a png - so obviously theres no photoshop file to "lose". His points really didnt prove any points and just insulted me on my own forum. I rea;;y dont mind grummi - his skins are ok and is a nice enough guy. But tomas is so arrogent that he will just insult everyone to get his own way. I have blocked him from my forum, grummi you are of course still welcome - tomas i didnt want to admit that i took grummis skin -BECAUSE I DIDNT - i made it before his was posted on the forum. i cant normally even post - i downloaded safari just so that i can post on here - so i cant have stolen it if i made it first.

Dont come on my forum again, dont insult me, or my clan, or my work, and get a life.

I give up on the issue of Frankenstien skin - i dont care any more. its just a skin, it doesnt matter who made it really. i suppose the fact that yours is slightly different to mine makes it yours in your own right. This has been blown WAY out of propotion - so lets just let it be.

Gold out

hello, my names jack, i love making new skins and i have a rubber duck for a gun!

why not...

I really hoped it didn't have to come to this.

At first, I thought goldtrayler and I had the same idea and I made a skin that looked really similar to his not published skin. I can understand that this is frustrating and it could seem as if I stole his skin.
But this is not the case. His skin and mine are identical except for the eyes and the color. You can see the skins at his forum. I don't know if he would agree if I posted his skin here, so I won't.
As TomasRiker said, I still have the original svg I made with Inkscape. I would post it here, but I tried five different upload sites and none of them would accept svg-files. If someone knows an upload service which allows svgs, please tell me, and I'll upload it.
The point is, my svg generates a png that is exactly the same as "his" skin. It is nearly impossible to make a svg file which completely resembles the original image file. Even if it were possible, it would be so time consuming that it would be easier to just make a similar one.

I wouldn't even mind if he just took my skin, modified it(like he did with the eyes and color) and published it, as long as he gave me credit for the original version. But he didn't. Instead he accused me of stealing his skin, and I won't stand for that.

aka cheesy

Grummi come on! The fact is that I made the skin and sent it to a friend. Somehow he/she gave it to you and you edited it, mine was made before yours was posted. Mine i made in photoshop. Its much more pixellated, more shabby looking. Yours is an inkscape file - its cleaner and more defined. You cant make an inkscape file more pixelly, the pixels will stay the same - neat and tidy. You CAN however, make a photoshop made image cleaner on inkscape by removing pixels and going over them with more solid lines. 

"I wouldn't even mind if he just took my skin, modified it(like he did with the eyes and color) and published it, as long as he gave me credit for the original version. But he didn't. Instead he accused me of stealing his skin, and I won't stand for that."

Thats exactly how i feel - i just want a little credit for my work instead of you taking all the credit. Thats how this argument came to place.

BUT I DONT CARE ANY MORE - you can have the skin - this has gone completely out of proportion - its not even that great a skin. I just cant believe you and especially Tomas would get so childish about this - i really just dont care any more

why not...

Yes, I agree that it is out of proportion, but you could simply admit your mistake and everything will be fine.
I'm not arrogant, I just confront you with undeniable facts. Unfortunately, you don't accept any logical argumentation. And you should learn a bit more about graphics if you don't accept this argumentation: Your skins are exactly the same, pixel by pixel, except for the eyes. Grummi has an SVG file that generates exactly this skin. He has the SVG because, like any serious graphics artist, he keeps his original files to be able to edit the skin later on without losing quality. It is close to impossible to create an SVG that generates a given bitmap file exactly (without simply using one rectangle for each pixel). So the SVG proves that he is the original creator. You have no proof at all.

firstly - i am a proffesional graphical artist - secondly what is the point of keeping something as an svg when it has no use and doenst work in game?! you can only use pngs so i only save pngs - thats fair enough!? - i have no mistakes to admit unlike some people. Your facts are deniable, they are pointless and prove nothing - the only fact which you keep stupidly going over is that i dont keep svg files which i keep having to repeat are POINTLESS - just give it a rest tomas - your points prove nothing - just shut up - ill shut up. you dont know when to stop!?

Thy Should Not Take the Name of the Lord In Vain // ~{MS}~ Azon

why not...

goldtrayler wrote:

firstly - i am a proffesional graphical artist - secondly what is the point of keeping something as an svg when it has no use and doenst work in game?! you can only use pngs so i only save pngs - thats fair enough!? - i have no mistakes to admit unlike some people. Your facts are deniable, they are pointless and prove nothing - the only fact which you keep stupidly going over is that i dont keep svg files which i keep having to repeat are POINTLESS - just give it a rest tomas - your points prove nothing - just shut up - ill shut up. you dont know when to stop!?

i cant agree with  this message. at 1st u are surelly NO professional artist, it could be Landil, but not u or me.2nd: whats the point of keeping the svg? stupid qestion, what to do if somebody wants u to correct the skin a bit? what to do?? draw everything again? 3rd: COOL DOWN!!!

The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they're going to be when you kill them.

Frankenstein skin and balloon goooood! hahah nice skin)))

1. my occupation is graphical artist...
2. - i just draw over the png's you dont need to completely restart the skin etc- i suppose i should or this sort of copying wouldnt happen without my proof.
3. if youd have seen some of the things hes said to me on my forum - along with the lack of credit on the franky skin - you would need to cool down too. - what im saying is - its over - i give up - i did make the skin - but i dont want to argue any more its rediculous - i said this on my forum and tomas started posting on here - i dont know what else i can do - obviously i cant win - its 2 against one - i have no proof - i really dont know what more i can do. all i know is i made it. i just make skins ok? i save them as png files, i dont do anything more. thats all i ever have done - its all i ever have needed to do - i know nothing more about it.

I know i made it - i guess im fighting a losing battle - you win i guess - i cant prove anything

why not...

40 (edited by The Messenger 2009-05-28 15:33:57)

hehehe... then always write your name in the down left corner of the skin and edit your post where u posted your skin so u can proof when it was.=D
btw i cant click the link of your one... show it to me pls

Just check out my forum - you'll see that and a lot of other skins -IN THAT STYLE- there 
quickfire.freeforums.org - still called quick fire though the clan is MC -were getting to it xD
and from now on i will put a signature in the bottom left

though surely people can just delete them... >_>

why not...

Added new skins:

Arrow:
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/5674/arrowstk.png

Bee:
http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/7861/beew.png

Frogking:
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/1021/frogking.png

Invisible:
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/9571/invisiblen.png

Lightning:
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/7741/lightningt.png

Paint:
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/5527/paintqzb.png

Puzzle:
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3475/puzzlenmx.png

aka cheesy

Awesome Skins! Would you create a Tee with a Hard Hat? I'd like to compare with another Artist.

Wanna know more about me?: Google Profile

I like the cheese and the devil...but the other are very nice to!

Together we Stand, Never Fall.
Through the eye of the Storm.

CTF or TDM:
- 'A' team: ANGELS
- 'B' team: DEVILS
big_smile

nice skins!
they're really good smile
my favourite is bee!

hm the idea "you can see if anybody is trying a invisible skin" is (i think so) a bit worse,.... cause of anybody use an custom skin and the other one don´t have it, you see the default skin.. (look the source)
and i have made a "invisible" skin to, but there are onliy hand and some stuff:
http://www3.pic-upload.de/21.11.09/gxrzc7rznbrr.png
but the name is IvisibilitySkinbyMario   so u see default not your skin #;D
and great work, you´re a good grafic designer big_smile

Mario74 wrote:

hm the idea "you can see if anybody is trying a invisible skin" is (i think so) a bit worse,.... cause of anybody use an custom skin and the other one don´t have it, you see the default skin.. (look the source)

I know that you will see an invisible skin as the default skin. But so are all other skins you don't have and all players who play with the default skin. But with this "invisible" skin you can see who is using an invisible skin. And give him some "special attention" wink
This will of course only work if the invisible skin has the right name, but I think it's still a nice idea.

and great work, you´re a good grafic designer big_smile

Thanks. ^^

[Edit]

Added some new skins. Look in the first post.

aka cheesy

W00t a viking with a beard! I think a viking without a beard is like a clown without nose or somethin'....
but it looks like there's something wrong with the shade.....

This old fellow has left this forum to find his way somewhere else. Don't search for him, he'll be fine. Probably. But don't forget him or his deeds (if there are any deeds...)! Never forget the good old ilili.....http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6460

hi, i dont know if you're still active grummi, but:

when i put your skin "dalmatian" in my skins folder its ingame not the dalmatian skin, its everytime a copy of the skin infront of them in gray

i tried it several times with certain names and it was always a copy of the upper skin just in gray. I dont know how this is possible, but maybe anyone knows a solution?