Re: [MOD] War3 by rajh

I really love the skins.

Sorry by bad english.
See you in TeeWorlds
<[ToF]> Pan

Personally I do not like version 1.1, concretely the part called "Some other little fix"
I recommend people to stay with the old one (trust me, it is better).

but anyway nice mod wink

||*||

nope version 1.1 is much better than the old one wink
You can trust me wink
i know what i post and rajh knows what he is doing! wink

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

Heya i'm planning on adding a new race some sort of healer could i have your opinion about it ? and suggestion ?

Yes a good idea! But the healer should be able to attack (he shouldn't just heal like in the class mod). The healer should heal with the hook (like taser)
->Stegn

ps: I love this mod:D

31 (edited by Landil 2009-02-06 21:20:40)

Tauren: Kind of nature / healing skills
http://muellmann2002.mu.funpic.de/images/taurenpreview.png

Skill1: 3/4/5ticks healing over time: Pistol shot at friendly targets (Like poison, just the other way round)
Skill2: 15%/30%/40% chance to ressurect at the place where one died with ~5 hps
Skill3: Increase the amount of healing done by X pts; cooldown at least 20 secs

maybe furthermore some hp-regeneration for the healer him/herself

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Rajh wrote:

Heya i'm planning on adding a new race some sort of healer could i have your opinion about it ? and suggestion ?

Well actually, I have a lot of ideas, so I think I can help... xD

So for the first or second ability I have a couple ideas:

1: For the first it's kind of like an anti-tazer, for every seconds you hook some one, it gives them 1+ heart or shield (Whether or not it can help the other team, too is up to you) 

And for the power up the anti-tazer get's a healing power of 1+ up every time.

2: For the second one, you heal your self every 5 seconds you are alive, you gives yourself 1+ heart and once you have all the hearts, then shields will go up.

And for the power up it adds 1+ more hp to when you're alive.

3: This doesn't have anything to do with healing, but I have all ways though that if one of the races have the power to make the tee's or the flag float and move them around... as in, you click on them with your mouse and can drag them any were in your screen. But you can only hold on to them for 2 or 3 seconds.

So for the Third special ability, I have a couple ideas:

1: For the first special ability, who ever is in a 10 tee radius (or any one in your screen) get's completely healed.

2: For the second special ability: When you hit the other team with your hammer, you drain 3 hp, and that hp you just toke away, you can give it to your team mates or your self.   
And how to tell that you have any hp stored, you have a little bar, or a constant message telling you how much you have.

Hope any of them helped. xD

Btw I think the name should be Race: [DOC] as in Doctor, or [NUR] as in Nurse.

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

33 (edited by greenbeen 2009-02-06 21:50:30)

Some mostly stupid ideas for the healer:
- healing with the hook
- punch someone with the hammer and he can't shoot anymore / can't hook / move slower
- team members heal slowly near the tee
- healing through gun shots
- resurrection
- invincibility for some seconds
- instant self healing
- being quicker permanent or temporary (access to steroids and stimulants wink )
- sacrifice: reverse undead special - you die and instantly heal all team members around you
- shooting "blowdarts" with the gun, making enemies slower (5 / 7 / 10 % per hit for example)
- Hearts near the healer appear more quickly

greenbeen wrote:

Some mostly stupid ideas for the healer:
- healing with the hook
- punch someone with the hammer and he can't shoot anymore / can't hook / move slower
- team members heal slowly near the tee
- healing through gun shots
- resurrection
- invincibility for some seconds
- instant self healing
- being quicker permanent or temporary (access to steroids and stimulants wink )
- sacrifice: reverse undead special - you die and instantly heal all team members around you
- shooting "blowdarts" with the gun, making enemies slower (5 / 7 / 10 % per hit for example)
- Hearts near the healer appear more quickly

Wow you have some good ideas. big_smile

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

Well i created a new race "tauren" to stay in the same world big_smile

I need your feedback ect. A server is hosting it atm : 94.23.7.37:8340 (not viewable in the server browser).
Add it to your favorite and tell me if you found a bug / like it / dislike it and of course why.

Need feedback about balance too

i have a idea:

you can make a race or change one to have super wepons whit long reload time, here is a ex.

rocket launcher:
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6854/screenshot0008ef1.png

shotgun:
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/3189/screenshot0011uw1.png
(i forgot to set password on the server)

smile.,??????•$•??????.,:)        smile.,???????•$•???????.,:)
?????      Ps3     ?????        ?????   Ps3_main   ?????
smile.,??????•$•??????.,:)        smile.,???????•$•???????.,:)

37 (edited by Golvmopp 2009-02-07 12:44:58)

Some things I came to think of when playing now was that

1. Rocket might not be the best weapon to use as heal. Rocket jumps go byebye, for example. The other part is that I believe a healer always should be able to heal, whether he just spawned or not. As it is now, a tauren that spawns can't heal. Using hammer would be better imo.

2. There needs to be a bigger radius around the crosshair for abilities/heal. As of now it's ~impossible to hit in a stressed situation.

3. Perhaps you should be able to heal yourself, I dunno. Tauren will be kinda useless as a standalone figure otherwise. Healing heroes in wc3 usually could heal themselves, so.

4. Resurrection should give you the same weapons and the same amount of ammo as before you died. Just imagine dying in the opponent's base just to be easily killed due to the lack of weapons. tongue

(5. Maybe you could add another healer unit, but more like a "curser". That drains health from opponents to oneself instead of healing, and has an ability that gives him an aura that causes dmg.)

Just some thoughts I had while playing a couple of minutes ago. :] I like the mod, and without the xp-thingie this would be cool for CWs.

The proposition "I am the center" need never be uttered. It is the assumption upon which all certainty and all doubt turns.

The xp-thingie is what would make this awesome for CWs smile.

aka kiwi

39 (edited by Darki 2009-02-07 15:15:15)

maybe there should be a command that all have final lvl for example sv_final_lvl 1

so you don't have to lvl your char in CW's

http://dj-nevox.de.gg/ also known as NevoX!

ps3 wrote:

i have a idea:

you can make a race or change one to have super wepons whit long reload time, here is a ex.
(i forgot to set password on the server)

I can't really do this cause it needs graphic wich is client side.

Darki wrote:

maybe there should be a command that all have final lvl for example sv_final_lvl 1

so you don't have to lvl your char in CW's

There is only a file "xp_table.war" where you can set xp/lvl so you can make all lvl to 1 xp.
Or there is a command "set_level id level" to change level.

Golvmopp wrote:

1. Rocket might not be the best weapon to use as heal. Rocket jumps go byebye, for example. The other part is that I believe a healer always should be able to heal, whether he just spawned or not. As it is now, a tauren that spawns can't heal. Using hammer would be better imo.

Healer should have disadvantage and not having the possibility to run fast is a big one. I don't want healer to be unkillable it will bring to endless fight. But need to test in game.
When you respawn you still have your gun wich can give a hot.

Golvmopp wrote:

2. There needs to be a bigger radius around the crosshair for abilities/heal. As of now it's ~impossible to hit in a stressed situation.

You can hold fire then aim it will works and the max range for healing is increase every levels.

Golvmopp wrote:

3. Perhaps you should be able to heal yourself, I dunno. Tauren will be kinda useless as a standalone figure otherwise. Healing heroes in wc3 usually could heal themselves, so.

I want them to die fast but still need testing in game.

Golvmopp wrote:

4. Resurrection should give you the same weapons and the same amount of ammo as before you died. Just imagine dying in the opponent's base just to be easily killed due to the lack of weapons. tongue

He still has the gun to heal and don't want him to heal as before when you just killed him would be frustrating for attackers.

Golvmopp wrote:

(5. Maybe you could add another healer unit, but more like a "curser". That drains health from opponents to oneself instead of healing, and has an ability that gives him an aura that causes dmg.)

Not planning on adding more race atm.

that tauren race reminds me of your healer version in the class mod of yours

but in the end i think the healer doesn´t fit well with your mod.

WAR3 has an even faster gameplay then vanilla teeworlds cause of the special skills of each race you can die so fast that the healer can´t proceed fast enough.

only race i recommend would be a dwarf:
abilitys:
.) range increase
.) reload time add to all of your weapons  ( just a small 1 )
Special ability: Rapid shot  u have for 5 seconds infinite ammo + no reload time @all of your weapons

cool down 20 secs

42 (edited by Rajh 2009-02-07 15:53:09)

Marik16 wrote:

abilitys:
.) range increase
.) reload time add to all of your weapons  ( just a small 1 )
Special ability: Rapid shot  u have for 5 seconds infinite ammo + no reload time @all of your weapons

cool down 20 secs

Well can't increase range due to tunning.
Reload time looks like orc ability
The special too.

I wanted a healer to add tactical

43 (edited by Marik 2009-02-07 16:05:49)

i was more thinking of a ammo regain time tongue hope this 1 will explain it better

44 (edited by Franchan 2009-02-07 16:42:57)

I havent played yet but i was thinking. what if there was a team of healers that kept on healing each other?

and if you cant heal youeself and only heal others, theres no incentive to be the tauren because people are selfish (like me) they want to be in the game and killing and stealing flags. i dont think i'd like to heal other people so that they stay alive while i die.

cant you set up aa "test server" and have the people who are joined in this foum to give you feedback? because im the only one in this server rite now... its boring...

Actually the server is banned from master serv  and will be unbanned at 10 feb.

A var "sv_max_tauren" limit the number of tauren / team.

If you are selfish in a team game you may loose against an other team wich have healer (so wich is not selfish) and for me its good.

46 (edited by Darki 2009-02-07 19:38:31)

ok here an allround race

:: Troll (i think landil or lappi already did a skin)

1. Heal Shot: Every shot (of a pistol) that hits an ally gives the ally 1/2/3 healthpoint. Else it damages the enemy.
2. Dodge: Can dodge with a chance of 10%/20%/30%.
or
2. Critical Hit: Can crit on an enemy. For example a pistol makes with a chance of 10%/20%/30% 2 or 3 damage.
3. Troll Circle: The Troll freezes and all ally in his range get 1 health point per second and all enemys get damage. The Troll gets invincible (or not.. maybe it's too imba)

I wouldn't choose tauren if all its skills are related with heal and based to help others cuz seems boring.
So I think as a second hability could run faster and jump higher.

||*||

Darki wrote:

ok here an allround race

1. Heal Shot: Every shot (of a pistol) that hits an ally gives him 1/2/3 healthpoint. Else it damages the enemy.
or
2. Critical Hit: Can crit on an enemy. For example a pistol makes with a chance of 10%/20%/30% 2 or 3 damage.
3. Troll Circle: The Troll freezes and all ally in his range get 1 health point per second and all enemys get damage. The Troll gets invincible (or not.. maybe it's too imba)

Too much imba imo xD But I need testers now cause i can't implement all those skills.

94.23.7.37:8340 testing serv

49 (edited by Franchan 2009-02-07 19:38:34)

Rajh wrote:

Actually the server is banned from master serv  and will be unbanned at 10 feb.

A var "sv_max_tauren" limit the number of tauren / team.

If you are selfish in a team game you may loose against an other team wich have healer (so wich is not selfish) and for me its good.

nvm i wrote that when i didt play yet. the ressuruction is good. but (dunno if this is stupid) but is there an indicator you are invincable?

Darki wrote:

ok here an allround race

1. Heal Shot: Every shot (of a pistol) that hits an ally gives him 1/2/3 healthpoint. Else it damages the enemy.
or

i think u should wait until the tauren is done

the tauren isn't invisible if i use the ability