26 (edited by Cookiestealer 2009-01-14 12:41:56)

Re: Teeworlds 0.5.0 released!

I don't see Servers ? sad
Edit /
I clicked on Reset Filter now it works im stupid xD

If i start Teeworlds Server i get this Error (On OS X)

Process:         teeworlds_server [303]
Path:            /Volumes/Teeworlds/Teeworlds Server.app/Contents/MacOS/teeworlds_server
Identifier:      teeworlds_server
Version:         ??? (???)
Code Type:       X86 (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [78]

Date/Time:       2009-01-14 11:40:11.020 +0100
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.5.6 (9G55)
Report Version:  6

Exception Type:  EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread:  0

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/SDL.framework/Versions/A/SDL
  Referenced from: /Volumes/Teeworlds/Teeworlds Server.app/Contents/MacOS/teeworlds_server
  Reason: image not found

???

Please read the Forum Rules
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
regards Cookiestealer

27 (edited by AB | twilight 2009-01-14 12:58:49)

first of all: THANKS A LOT!!! Great new features, great work.

I have 3 things though:

1.: The sound of the hook (grabber) has changed, and I find it annoying... well, my oppinion ;-)

2.: And this is the real issue: The screen seems to judder or to be bucking. This happens
while in fast movements, and it is not the movement or the whole screen but the background
and stuff. And this really is giving me headaches (seriously!).

3.: Ping-Times seem way worse than before. before I had around 33, now the best server
can give me 46 :-(

EDIT: I forgot: MBP, MacOSX Leopard, 10.5.6

EDIT 2: I am sorry, I will post this on the bugs-forum, ignore it here, Great work :-)

28 (edited by void 2009-01-14 13:38:33)

Cookiestealer wrote:

If i start Teeworlds Server i get this Error (On OS X)

Known bug and fixed in trunk already (server app links against SDL when it shouldn't). Wait for 0.5.1

AB | twilight wrote:

2.: And this is the real issue: The screen seems to judder or to be bucking. This happens
while in fast movements, and it is not the movement or the whole screen but the background

3.: Ping-Times seem way worse than before. before I had around 33, now the best server
can give me 46 :-(

I've seen the laggy behaviour before, do you use wifi? Might try without. Same behaviour with a local sever? (Yeah I know, launching servers on OSX is not that easy now with the broken launcher smile

Languages shapes the way we think, or don't.

The new hook sound is really annoying and the tees seem to be smaller or something its kinda weird not sure what it is. I dont see what is better now.

if you want the old hook sound you can just replace the hook sound from 4.3 to 5.0 smile

MertenNor

->My 24/7 servers: [NOR] Norwegian HUB <- Back Online !! big_smile
( My grammar is getting better ! smile I think.. )
-Norway

megamba wrote:

The new hook sound is really annoying and the tees seem to be smaller or something its kinda weird not sure what it is. I dont see what is better now.

Okey, I'll revert everything and we restart from 0.4.3 for the next release roll

yey ^_^

~ Strike while the iron is hot
maps: ctfjale , dmjale
skins:  Nova Blast , Katana Lightsaber (with sound)

matricks wrote:

Okey, I'll revert everything and we restart from 0.4.3 for the next release roll

Back to the roots: let's get 256 colours back and 8bit chiptune-sound.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Great release indeed! Almost every change is for the better. Unfortunately I am another person who finds the hook sound annoying. (especially when you have to hear it a dozen times per minute) But that's not a real issue and playing is a real pleasure. :-) I feel like donating, is there a way to donate without paypal? Like a direct transfer?

The proxy of death / noWai!

Landil wrote:
matricks wrote:

Back to the roots: let's get 256 colours back and 8bit chiptune-sound.

Yeah, man. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmCCQxVBfyM

Hooker's collection of the most Tee-ish skins!
http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=39896

I can't use my special cursor.png and game.png!
I always use other weaons and an other cursor, bur in 0.5.0 I can't use it!
And I can't use some of my skins!

This old fellow has left this forum to find his way somewhere else. Don't search for him, he'll be fine. Probably. But don't forget him or his deeds (if there are any deeds...)! Never forget the good old ilili.....http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6460

YAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA

YAAAAAAHOOOOOOOO

I am <x|HT|x> oio BR leader of <x|HT|x>smile
Heaven Tees the best BR clan big_smile. Ally of cKz`
                            GG for all

megamba wrote:

I like the new sounds but if they annoy you that much you can always just copy the audio from an older version over. tongue

teeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Soundbugs...dunno why.

But all in all nice. i love the new Race-mode.

-> void: Should I post here or in the bugs-section?

Anyhow, since you said no crossposts, I'll stick here:

No, I don't use wifi, I have seen the laggs on wifi, too, that is why I never
play teeworlds via wifi.

The wobbly/juggering/bucking movement of the background is something different,
it is the same on LAN and on a faster Server in the Internet. It really is annoying,
and it makes headaches :-(

Hi,

AB | twilight wrote:

first of all: THANKS A LOT!!! Great new features, great work.

Agree!! Thank you very much for this nice work!

but...

AB | twilight wrote:

1.: The sound of the hook (grabber) has changed, and I find it annoying... well, my oppinion ;-)

I also dislike the new sound...

AB | twilight wrote:

Same here - also on a MacBook (not pro) with OSX 10.5.6. With 0.4.3 moving was very smooth now it's a bit bucking. I don't see the performance improvements on my Mac.

But keep on your nice work! I'm looking forward to a release with mod support without patching the source smile

http://blog.jbbr.net/ - My (german) Blog

foxx wrote:

Same here - also on a MacBook (not pro) with OSX 10.5.6. With 0.4.3 moving was very smooth now it's a bit bucking. I don't see the performance improvements on my Mac.

I will try to do some testing, it's working fine on lan for me but I guess we will manage a test somehow.

And from now we take the bugs in support forum smile

Languages shapes the way we think, or don't.

it doesnt suck
good work

Great work TeeTeam!
Looking forward to play!

YEAH. great work, i love it!!
and these new maps:DD!!!
thanks!

Please use an english signature //heinrich5991

yes i cant belive it!!!!its finally here!!!thx to all !!!

The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they're going to be when you kill them.

Hm I dont know if its my pc or the game but
its often the fact that if i click somewhere (menu on the left/top) i doesnt work...

plz debug that - its really annyoing me

«Honor øf Tees»
hot.bplaced.net/forum
We still search good Members

I like the Favorite Option. Great new Version but the new sound is annoying.

Btw: WTF is recruiting new Members. Post in our Guestbook if you wanna be a part of our nice community. www.wtf-teeworlds.com

You want a free prof. Clanpage for your Teeworlds Clan? I make it for free. Contact me! This Clanpages are programmed from me:
www.ol.team.cx  --- www.foxhole.de.ms

Is it just me or is everything smoother? (graphics, movements etc.) Since I'm no expert, I think i notice some change in the hooking style. I find it easier to pick up speed and turn with it.

This is awesome

Some suggestions for the next one is to add friends option, or be able to spectate the whole map.

Hey Guys, sry in advance if my English is bad,i'm not quite used to it as i'm Luxembourgish^^

Dev's very nice, ty for your hard work, I truly appreciate that, as most of the community hopefully does aswell  smile
@Franchan: Yes, I kinda noticed that aswell with my own hooking,everything looks way smoother than before ^^
@ Topic and so 0.5.0 ^^ : It kinda REALLY annoys me, how some exploit the new vote features... as example, in a 1on1 server, there are 2 guys of a Clan, I'm matching one of course ( Brian of gV if someone cares^^). As soon as he starts losing he just goes like: " Hey,mate,vote for restart please" Then as they're two and I'm alone, I got tagteamed and they voted their way into a restart -,-  That just sucks *** and I hope, if Rajh or someone who's gonna develop a 1on1-Mod for 0.5.0 reads this, he's gonna implement that votes don't count -_-" (ty in advance as that really bothers me -.-)