Re: [MAPS]HRaces 0.6.0+ (are back!)

I think the big Gap from Version 0.4.3 to 0.5 destroyed the Hrace maps, i lovd them..

But with 0.5 the death tiles became too sensitive, so some parts are not playable, and the editing makes them too easy.

Also Hammerfly is much harder than 0.4.3. Anyways i still keep the maps.

Maybe you should edit it, because marios edits are not so good, maybe replace death tiles with teleports, that works.

But why this (bad) changes from 43 to 05 ?

Friendly Tee wrote:

I think the big Gap from Version 0.4.3 to 0.5 destroyed the Hrace maps, i lovd them..

But with 0.5 the death tiles became too sensitive, so some parts are not playable, and the editing makes them too easy.

Also Hammerfly is much harder than 0.4.3. Anyways i still keep the maps.

Maybe you should edit it, because marios edits are not so good, maybe replace death tiles with teleports, that works.

But why this (bad) changes from 43 to 05 ?

I'll consider formating them to 5.0. And the reason why they were changed was because of the official input of unhookables. The change drastically changed the gameplay pf racing so the map needed to be changed too.

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

pls reupload ur maps...

maps: _S_Race Maps
          CTF_plunge
email: skipone@hotmail.de

79 (edited by Bee 2011-02-21 21:37:10)

Hrace.1 and Hrace.2 remade to race format and compatible to 5.0: [Hrace.1] and [Hrace.2]
Enjoy.

Also, if anyone has Hrace 5 and or 6, please post it. I cannot find it on my commuter anymore. sad

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

Bee, you know me from Teeworlds. I would like to know if i can host a server for only H_races. It would be ddrace so that hammerfly would work. But is H_Race compatible with ddrace???

-SALAD

Why not just CTF...? After all, they were made for CTF.

No, DDRace isn't compatible with HpRace at all.

This isn't supposed to be HpRace! (I made one big_smile)

ok smile

85 (edited by Bee 2011-03-03 00:19:52)

DALAS wrote:

Bee, you know me from Teeworlds. I would like to know if i can host a server for only H_races. It would be ddrace so that hammerfly would work. But is H_Race compatible with ddrace???

Yes, that's fine. Thanks for asking. wink
I'm not sure how DDRace works but if normal race maps work with DDRace severs then they'll be fine.

alias wrote:

Why not just CTF...? After all, they were made for CTF.

It complicates it to make some CTF and others Race because there're some parts that need teles because they were made that way or because they replaced kill titles which used to be less sensitive. Also, having not to worry about rocket damage helps. Adding all those hearts, from what I remembered, made one sever very laggy. hmm Any of them that can be easily made to CTF I can do but I know some maps can't be without major structural changes.

P.S. What's HpRace? yikes

Yeah so is there anything that wouldnt work for ddrace???

-SALAD

87 (edited by Bee 2012-09-01 00:40:58)

Maps which used different basic entities layout. Say, I made a map to have teles but a DDRace severs thought it was something different than teles, it'd ruin the whole map but as far as I know, Race maps are compatible to DDRace severs since DDRace came from Race. Also, if I made a map for CTF-race style then it wouldn't work with DDRace; hence one of the reasons why I transferred my maps to Race.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HRaces are back! (as the topic's tile implies)

Download links for 1, 2, and 3 are now down because of bugs in the race. Downloads coming soon!
Further explanation in the introduction. big_smile

Woot! Thanks for the work Bee :3

better include the version in the thread title, when it said 'HRaces are back' I thought that was referring to them being updated to 0.5 or so big_smile

It means that they still exist ( for awhile there, I thought I lost them forever sad ) and that they've been updated to 0.6.0+ versions. smile But I did what you suggested anyhow.

1, 2, and 3 are up again, plus 4! All with downloads and screen shots. big_smile

HRace 4 crashes all my clients and server.... maybe you could copy and paste the game layer onto a new map cause I think it's corrupted somehow?

Hummmmmm...
Here, try this download. HRace4.2
It might have been because there were RACE speed tiles in it which do not translate into DDrace, so the map crashes the sever and clients, but I took those out.

93 (edited by Broken 2013-01-22 21:04:20)

I remapped the first four you released with teleports and also tweaked a few things.

H-Race 1-4 with teles instead of kill tiles:
http://www.mediafire.com/?0eqy3ib4y195a8q

Broken wrote:

I remapped the first four you released with teleports and also tweaked a few things.

H-Race 1-4 with teles instead of kill tiles:
http://www.mediafire.com/?0eqy3ib4y195a8q

Big thx for you! I wanted to play long ago in hraces, but servers don't have this maps. Nostalgia. smile

Lets revive the old H.race maps, can you upload 5 - 7 ?

I saved the old maps on Hdd, but i lost the Disc sad.

The good old days, when there were no No-Hook tiles wink