Re: ESL Teewars Ladders (1on1,TDM,CTF)

the team dm and team ctf will be very nice, isnt it?

Re: ESL Teewars Ladders (1on1,TDM,CTF)

Teme wrote:

i cant understand this.. how does this esl ladder thing work? someone please explain it to meh big_smile

First you need an account on esl, can be made on the page linked too in this threads first page. Pretty straightforfard. Filling in some info, activating by email, the usual.

Then you need too actually join a teewarsleague (esl has leagues for a lot of games, so it won´t automatically understand that your´e there too play teewars). The dm ladder, which is the only one I know something about, demands that you have filled in a way too contact you in your profile, that has too be either icq or irc, so without that you won´t be able too join. When logged in, you can access your profile, your challenges as well as personal messages in the top right corner of the page.

The ladder is basicly a rankinglist. By playing a match against someone your ranking will change according too some mathematical formula taking both how big the win and how strong you and your opponent are into account. So beating high ranked players give you more than beating low ranked ones basicly, and when you loose you loose as much points as your opponent gains.

A match begins with a challenge on the esl page, which has too be accepted too be valid. Though if you challenge someone "close" above you on the list he/she has too accept or he/she gets penalty points, not sure how those actually work. A match is played in 2 rounds of 10 minutes, and you report the score too esl along withy a screenshot of the score as proof. And that´s about it.

Finding a good server too play a match on is troublesome though, I havn´t quite solved it myself. You need rcon control of it too make sure a round is exactly 10 minutes, and having it on one of the contestants computer gets very unfair ping-wise. I´m hoping that someone sponsors with some official servers real soon.