Re: [MOD] FlagBall

TeE~KillA wrote:

Do I need any special entities for the Flagball mod?

Nope. The goals are simple DM-spawn points. There need to be exactly two of them on a map.

"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." - Terry Pratchett -

datag wrote:
TeE~KillA wrote:

Do I need any special entities for the Flagball mod?

Nope. The goals are simple DM-spawn points. There need to be exactly two of them on a map.

Thank you very much smile

» Use the Search Function before opening multiple topics...
» Member of: JsA - Just stay Alloha! (since 2009)

i am searching my ass off....

is there a flagball mod file for the windows 0.5 version?

if yes, where can i find it?

thanks for your help.

-xc- wrote:

I cannot believe this! (Click it. He's a link)

» Use the Search Function before opening multiple topics...
» Member of: JsA - Just stay Alloha! (since 2009)

130 (edited by -xc- 2009-05-04 22:03:12)

TeE~KillA wrote:
-xc- wrote:

I cannot believe this! (Click it. He's a link)

I found that file...of course

and how do I use it with windows? i guess its a LINUX file... and compiling linux binaries under windows.... i cant do that, do you?

i was searching for some kind of teeworlds_srv.exe replacement...isnt there any? :,(

thanks in advance..

btw. do you play teeworlds with the same nick? i know you tongue

131 (edited by DinoSmoothie 2009-05-04 19:18:50)

I'll compile it for windows for you in a min.
EDIT:
http://solidfiles.com/info_imgs/pUuF.jpg
(Click on the picture)
Have fun! big_smile

Bye.

132 (edited by -xc- 2009-05-05 10:35:27)

thanks alot!!!

nice mod, i love bombing run in ut :} thanks!
Flag throw imo should be a bit stronger.

vandal wrote:

Its fine, ppl simply fail in using it.

Flagball is my passion, Instagib has my heart and I'm a real Nap (:

vandal wrote:

nice mod, i love bombing run in ut :} thanks!

I chose the default value warily by evaluating several test-games - nobody complained so far. If you run your own server you can set the velocity to a value which fits your needs. But please tell the players that your server is running non-FlagBall defaults.

"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." - Terry Pratchett -

help, instagib doesnt work for me, even if i choose sv_instagib 1

my whole config...

sv_name Cha's flagball [ bit tuned MOD FlagBall ]
sv_map fb_teamplay
sv_max_clients 12
sv_scorelimit 500
sv_timelimit 30

sv_instagib 1

tune hook_length 3000.0
tune hook_fire_speed 95.0
tune hook_drag_accel 3.5
tune hook_drag_speed 17.0

i've discovered it !
it should be "sv_fb_instagib" instead of "sv_instagib"
thank for zero help...

libcha wrote:

i've discovered it !
it should be "sv_fb_instagib" instead of "sv_instagib"

Right, all variables are documented in the README file (included in (my) patch) and some earlier in this thread. It seems that "Oy" changed the varibale name from sv_instagib (my version) to sv_fb_instagib (current version).

libcha wrote:

thank for zero help...

Well, you can't always expect an immediate answer in a forum. Sometimes it needs a bit longer than 24h wink

Well, you can't always expect an immediate answer in a forum. Sometimes it needs a bit longer than 24h wink

ok, sry, it wasn't seriously wink

is it possible to download the map fb_sandstorm ? it is on few servers, ... i haven't found it anywhere
thx

140 (edited by Jini 2009-05-31 14:01:14)

Shubi wrote:

I have to admit that I found a but which is really annoying.

The direct pass function doesn't work properly. Sometimes you can hook a player without passing the flag. Especially in defense this can be quite annoying. Another point is that this function is epic to pass the flag on highspeed in case you did sth wrong. But as it works now you usually don't do anything else than hooking your teammate.

I would really be happy if somebody would feel like fixing it since I have no idea about c :(

It turned out to be really easy to fix. Here is a new version: flagball_1_15 You may not bother to apply the whole patch again, just go to line 578 of game/server/entities/character.cpp (CHARACTER::on_direct_input function) and change the third parameter of game.world.intersect_character() from 0.0f to 2.0f. The value 2.0f came from game/gamecore.cpp, line 325 (CHARACTER_CORE::tick() function) where the actual hooking occurs (tz-tz-tz, developers, hardcoded constants are evil).

Edit: I forgot to change the mod version in the patch. Link updated.

libcha wrote:

is it possible to download the map fb_sandstorm ? it is on few servers, ... i haven't found it anywhere

Search for Flagball in 0.5.1, there should be one server containing Sandstorm in its rotation.

Jini:

Thanks smile

there should be one server containing Sandstorm in its rotation

yes, it's the place where i discovered it...
but .. how do i get the map ? the tw client doesn't save it on disk
thx wink

It should.
Look in the config directory under "downloadedmaps".

aka cheesy

give me cfg. file commands plz???

I have updated the flagball mod to version 1.16-beta. Here is the changelog from 1.15:

-- Direct pass is fixed.
Now the flag carrier has to actually hook the other player to pass the flag. In previous versions all what was neccessary is to aim and press the hook button. Now the hook has to actually reach the player thus introducing a small delay. As a bonus, the hook sound was added for that case.

-- It is now possible to grab free ball by hook (sv_fb_hook_ball option).
For some reason, the ball center is not in the center of the flag image but in its lower left corner and the ball radius is rather small --- 14 units --- about quarter of the height of the default flag image. That makes it hard to hook the ball because you need to aim right in the lower end of the stick. In order to compensate this three new server options were implemented:

sv_fb_ball_radius --- default is 32,
sv_fb_ball_offset_x and sv_fb_ball_offset_y --- offset of the ball hook center from its original center in the usual Cartesian coordinate system. Default values are zero.

As soon as suitable values for these options will be established and overall game performance will be tested, I'll release version 1.16. Maybe I'll exclude these options from config file then.

Link: flagball-1.16-beta

146 (edited by Shubi 2009-07-02 08:43:42)

Teach me how to perform russian haxx =)=)=)

I think Argos is releasing this as soon as possible, so we can start the open beta :)

Is already online smile
Have fun playing Flagball 1.6
Special thanks to Jini!

Just played the latest version. It's great to see how this MOD has evolved. Good idea with grabbing the ball by hook, improved the gameplay very much. Good work!

149 (edited by Jini 2010-01-26 21:42:22)

Yet another update to fulfill yet another request. Here is the changelog from the 1.16-beta:

-- Direct pass fixed again.
Due to the changes introduced in 1.16-beta, when the player is hooking another player and being passed a flag, the flag immidiately goes to the player being hooked. It's arguable whether this is wrong or right, but we decided to disallow this. If you have a different opinion, say it and I'll probably make it an option. It shouldn't considerably influence on the gameplay anyway.

-- Ball radius and offset have been assigned saner values.
Radius is now 40, offset is (0, 38). Thus the hook center is approximately in the center of the default flag image and the ball diameter is approximately equal to image height. I'm afraid that such a big radius makes it too easy to grab the flag, so I've left the possibility to change these values in the config.

-- Ball hook center offset couldn't be changed from console. Fixed.

-- Now idling players can be forced to join spectators rather than kicked.
This is covered by the server string option sv_fb_on_idle:

sv_fb_on_idle kick          --- kick idling players
sv_fb_on_idle spectate      --- force them to join spectators
sv_fb_on_idle anyothervalue --- leave alone (default)

sv_fb_idle_kick option was renamed to sv_fb_idle_time

Link: flagball-1.16

Delta patch: flagball 1.16-beta -> 1.16

Edit (26.01.2010): fixed broken links

could somebody upload the latest serve compiled for windows ? i'm not able / have little time to compile it. thx smile
OT: why istn't the nap's server any more ? the gin's is online only sometimes and mine doesn't function well due to bad configuration... if somebody helped me, i could keep my server running allmost every evening so everybody could play FB.