Re: [MOD] FlagBall

Currently I'm very busy with my own project. So there's no time to upgrade the FlagBall-MOD.

However, it should be pretty easy to merge the functionality with 0.5. Feel free to make a new version and let FlagBall "survive" smile If you need help, just contact me or post here.

"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." - Terry Pratchett -

I love it smile
its always me who makes points smile
like 3/5 are mune smile

«Honor øf Tees»
hot.bplaced.net/forum
We still search good Members

Ohh thats really sad.
I tried it myself and looked into the old 0.4.3 patch file to change the source manually in the new version (I have to say that I dont have a clue what im doing there exactly, no experience in c/c++ at all).
But at the end i failed at the point where u change the gs_server.cpp..it seems that this file was completely splitted up into different files and i cant find the exact lines (and files) I have to change. sad sad...
I dont beg you to help me, because trying to teach me would take more time than doing it yourself^^

So if some competent person could do this "pretty easy" task, it would be really awesome. Alot of people are actually waiting for the new version of this brilliant mod.
Keep up the good work!

People! We're counting on you (because we already failed) smile

Is nobody out there who feels like helping us? There are a lot of players (whole clans) who like flagball and we all would like to play it on 0.5 aswell.

This is a serious problem! sad

Flagball is my passion, Instagib has my heart and I'm a real Nap (:

I could give it a try again, but no promise (very busy at the moment).

I'll invest max. 2 hours on it. If I get it to run, fine. If not, someone else needs to continue the FlagBall maintenance.

"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." - Terry Pratchett -

datag wrote:

I could give it a try again, but no promise (very busy at the moment).

I'll invest max. 2 hours on it. If I get it to run, fine. If not, someone else needs to continue the FlagBall maintenance.

That would be awesome smile

Thanks smile

107 (edited by datag 2013-04-27 04:47:07)

Here is my work so far: a yet none-working version.
teeworlds-0.5.0-flagball-0.1.12_test.patch

Compiles cleanly, but it segfaults, so you need to debug. I think it shouldn't be too hard to get it running.

Some features were deactivated. The gametype needs to be "fb". The server registers to master-server with gametype "FLAGBALL".

Good luck smile

I tried the patch out of curiosity, it doesn't compile. There's no flagball.hpp... smile

ziltoide wrote:

I tried the patch out of curiosity, it doesn't compile. There's no flagball.hpp... smile

Jepp, was faulty. I updated the file.

Wow nice, thank you for your effort smile
Tryin' to debug it when i'm blessed with more time...
But thx anyway

Made a working version for 0.51: teeworlds-0.5.1-flagball-0.1.13.patch

* fixed couple of stuff
* all 0.4 features activated
* 2 new commands:
  - sv_fb_ball_deathtile_idle: Number of seconds needed to reset a ball after hitting a death tile  (0=off (default=3)).
  - sv_fb_direct_pass_distance: Maximum direct-passing distance (default=380).
* is possible to play with both flags

Remember the 80s - good times smile

If it works I love you.

Nice to see someone managed to complete my work smile

I really would like to see a server running. I compiled the 0.1.13 for Linux x86_64:
http://willhostforfood.com/?Action=down … leid=54792

114 (edited by Shubi 2009-02-16 23:09:11)

Just in this moment we're setting up our server.

I think within the next week we have a running server, in case that no difficulties occure.

I'm not sure tho, since I don't set up the server big_smile

Server is up! Have fun playin the great Flagball Mod

€: discovered a little bug, if owngoal is deactivated and someone jumps with the flag in his own goal the other team wins immediately.
If anyone could check this..would be great, thx!

Argos wrote:

€: discovered a little bug, if owngoal is deactivated and someone jumps with the flag in his own goal the other team wins immediately.
If anyone could check this..would be great, thx!

Sry, fixed it: teeworlds-0.5.1-flagball-0.1.14.patch

Remember the 80s - good times smile

I'm sorry for going idle for so long on the server. Had to attend sudden important issues required for human life. *cought* ^ ^;

Making the config file for server: http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1018
How to execute the server easily: http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopi … 636#p34636
Redder than blood, darker than night, goddess of the eternal chaos I beg of you, for defeating all the idiots that gets on our way. Tip: Get a FAQ

That doesn't matter wink

There are 12 ppl able to play and 4 spec. So feel free to spec wink

Great to see flagball in 0.5 finally. Thanks for the work, guys. Cya on the FB servers smile

~{MonkeyStyle}~ - Instagib Teeworlds Clan
VISIT US: http://www.monkeystyle.tk
Check out our IRC channel: #monkeystyle on QuakeNet || Also check out the TeeWiki: http://teewiki.info

Can someone post a whole working configuration for Flagball, please.
Cause I didn't get my server started with Flagball, only with dm.

( And I know that there are already some settings in a earlier post but that couldn't be all! )

Thanks in advance

» Use the Search Function before opening multiple topics...
» Member of: JsA - Just stay Alloha! (since 2009)

121 (edited by suiraclaw 2009-03-03 21:39:33)

Hi.

I'd like to congratulate the developper of this masterpiece big_smile . Keep up the good work ^^ .

I have to admit that I found a but which is really annoying.

The direct pass function doesn't work properly. Sometimes you can hook a player without passing the flag. Especially in defense this can be quite annoying. Another point is that this function is epic to pass the flag on highspeed in case you did sth wrong. But as it works now you usually don't do anything else than hooking your teammate.

I would really be happy if somebody would feel like fixing it since I have no idea about c sad

entities?

hehhehehehehehe.

What do you mean?

Do I need any special entities for the Flagball mod?

» Use the Search Function before opening multiple topics...
» Member of: JsA - Just stay Alloha! (since 2009)