Re: Wishlist (What We Need)

Detructor2 wrote:

A Website where teeworlds mods can be uploaded and downloaded...there are a few mods...and I would love to see them all on one website wink
(maybe you could create it on this website/server? so the URL would be something like
http://mods.teeworlds.com
or
http://teeworlds.com/mods

For every mod there is a single entry and a short text which describes the mod and maybe one or two screenshots

just my 2 cent

Mods isn't supported in teeworlds.

Detructor2 wrote:

GUI for creating/controling a server.
so...you can say what server file will be used (because of mods) and make all settings.
Would be cool...yea it is not that hard to setup a server config...but for some ppl it is too hard (no I'm not showing at a mirror atm wink)

Already exists.

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

27 (edited by Detructor2 2008-06-27 15:54:47)

Mods isn't supported in teeworlds.

but it should wink
(yeah, I know the dev isn't interested in them...but it gives mods and some are really good...so I think there should be a website to see them all)

and the GUI Server: where? haven't seen one yet...do you mean the VB6 project?
I mean an integrated server version wink

I am not actually sure why they are not supported. They are a natural side-effect of releasing source. Even if the devs say "no mods", there will still be some. And I have never asked a dev for help or received an answer from a dev, so I am still in the dark here. <.<

if($poster["intelligence"] == $intelligence["idiot"])
        deny_post($poster);

hmmm...btw: gamepad support...but as someone wrote in the forum: the devs don't want to add this feature hmm
to all this important things the devs say "no" ...but why? (...I don't know how hard it is to make a gamepad work...but it can't be impossible: in some games I can use my gamepad (for example a tux (k/c)art racing game)

I might have to clear a few things here.

Mods: The dev don't want a mod-free game, but they don't _support_ mods, meaning that they won't answer to questions about them. Mods are a branch sprung from the community, and is therefor supported by the same.

Gamepads: The devs won't add support for gamepads, simply because it takes time and a lot of other things have much higher priority. If anyone have the time and the knowledge, feel free.

Used to be very active waay back

31 (edited by 0³7 2008-06-28 09:33:29)

one wish of my wishes:
  a die animation with phhysical engeene like you see here !

Please use an english signature //heinrich5991

Hey, I never asked that the devs support them. All I asked was a new forum with "Releases" and "Support" as subforums. Give someone moderator privileges there and turn their back on it.

if($poster["intelligence"] == $intelligence["idiot"])
        deny_post($poster);

MODs section can be created at the DB (tw-db or teestuff)...
Not at the teeworlds.com ^^

check out these maps: infiltrate - choco - dustycloud

Slinack wrote:

marines (teestuff) is already working on a mods- and config section.

"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." - Terry Pratchett -

Slinack wrote:

I agree.
This is a great place to discuss and give feedback on mods, but I think a mod-section is a bit early.

Used to be very active waay back

How about a possibility to move players who didn't move for about 30 seconds or more anyhow to the spectators? That would be useful for two things: first, player slots get free for 1on1 or things like this if the person is away for a longer time. second, other players which are using this situation to make some easy scores cannot get them anymore.

Also it would be nice if there would be a possibility to avoid or punish killing while a player is typing. I guess that some won't agree to this and some will, so a server option would be nice or even a client option which allows you to decide if you want to punish a person who killed you while you were typing if the server allows this (maybe, after three kills of this kind or such the killer gets kicked).
I am trying to do exactly this on my servers when I am on them and kick people who just use the helpless situation while typing. I do this because I like the atmosphere if you can talk a bit (not tooo much, it makes the game sometimes a bit laggy) while playing, hacking and slaying.

greetings Lord Horazont

Servers:
For normal games: /usr/games/teeworlds/teeworlds_srv
For highly tuned and totally freaky games: /usr/games/teeworlds/teeworlds_special

I think both those things would be more subject to a simple mod, rather than including them in the release.

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

We are talking about supporting mods at some point. Probably using some small scripting language that you can hook into certain places in the game.

Not for 0.5 though.

Languages shapes the way we think, or don't.