Re: Report minor bugs here! 0.5

yes thats exactly what i am talking about!
it always crashes when you save the map (only when using mountains.png)

152 (edited by tee-chewbacca 2008-06-30 00:52:56)

i dont have time to read all bugs to know if mine is allready reported
( bad english ahead)
anyway here i go

there are some bugs here found..also some suggestions (i dont know where to post)
1: on map editor when you have a large list of avaliable maps to load the list brokes, i suggest a scroll smile
2: also on map editor when you make a new "layer" you try to load an image so when you press spacebar you can select an block, but if you dont load any image and select the option "None" the game crashes really bad...REALLY REALLY bad, hope yo fix it
3:when you select the max ping or the server search you can type a lot and what you type will go away of the little block you are typing in
4:when you are in ninja after you grab the cool sword you grab another one and after the 15 seconds are done you stay as a ninja but without the ninja "hit"
5: (just a suggestion) you should have a rcon command that changes all variables to default
6: (another suggestion) favorite servers... a lot of people wants to save their favorite servers...unfortunately there is no "Favorite server/s" tag..
7: i personally have some registration problems when i create my server...on console it shows i join...blah blah blah..."connection problems" then it shows that the server is being register with master server or something like that... maybe it just me =S
8: in the command "shutdown" you should have a timer like " shoutdown 20" (seconds)
9: THATS ALL FOLKS! i really hope i helped

nothing new there...

Used to be very active waay back

are you going to add ban or kick with time? like kick 1 10 (CID-minute/s)?
it will be handy ...^^

when people reach the scorelimit and at the same moment they drift around the drift sound is kinda annoying cause it don´t stop after finishing the round

(seems like a near impossible task to read everything in this thread just to check if this is reported before, maybe these thinhgs could be sorted into cathegories? Now I´ve been hesitating to report this a long while, but I´ll just go ahead...)

using 0.4.2 on Windows xp

Issue on server map rotation.

When a server that is empty of players runs out of time on a map, it stops to wait for a player before rotating. Thus it will show the previous map in the server listing. The first person joining will have to download the previous map, and THEN when it´s finished the server will immediately rotate - starting a second download and putting the player on a map he/she didn´t expect, usually resulting in the player leaving.

(This phenomena gives my occational server that´s there to promote good custom maps some troubles with getting players)

It would be a lot better if a server running out of time would rotate immediately, just not start rolling the time til the next player arrives.

i have a problem...
umm everytime i start teeworlds it says :teeworlds is not working
i started it from a usb stick but it did not work

Since 0.4.3 has auto teambalance, it treats spectator and player as different teams, so when you going into spectating mode, and you try to go back to playing, the autobalance prevents you from doing this.

q23p wrote:

Since 0.4.3 has auto teambalance, it treats spectator and player as different teams, so when you going into spectating mode, and you try to go back to playing, the autobalance prevents you from doing this.

We are aware of this bug, which only appears in dm, and has fixed it. There will be a new version in a few days, when we have seen if there are any more bugs.

Yeah, there is still a bug in the editor sad

If you select some tile or something other, you cant use the rotate funktion (press r or t)!

I hope you could fix that at the newer version...

MyRace:   |   run_fool
Help
Me:    |   Pennergame
My
Clan:    |   «Òó°L»

There is no tile rotation. As far as I know, this function is for quads only.

bam: WARNING:'src/game/server/gamemodes/mod.cpp' comes from the future

Oh...

Thanks, shmafoozius!

But i remeber (i just think!), that i could rotate a tiles "brush"...

Help
My

You never could, and this wont be implemented.

Hmn... but why wont this be implemented? I mean, mirroring the tiles is already possible. Is it that hard or performance consuming to rotate tiles? Some simple tilesets out there would benefit from some rotation function. yikes

bam: WARNING:'src/game/server/gamemodes/mod.cpp' comes from the future

165 (edited by Xara 2008-09-05 10:54:09)

Well, i don't know if this bug has already been reportet, but i didn't find it listed in this thread(but i can be wrong). Well, because of your fixes with the map editor i thought of trying working with it, but soon i had to recognize that there is still a major bug in it: Sometimes, when I delet a group, the editor crashes and I have to restart it and of course the work you have done so far isn't saved...  I couldn't find any particular reason for the editor crashing or not when deleting a group. By the way, of course I'm using v. 0.4.3. I think this bug is really anoying, because you have to do what you've done before all again... So I hope you will fix it in the new version you were talking about.

Thank You

Xara wrote:

Well, i don't know if this bug has already been reportet, but i didn't find it listed in this thread(but i can be wrong). Well, because of your fixes with the map editor i thought of trying working with it, but soon i had to recognize that there is still a major bug in it: Sometimes, when I delet a group, the editor crashes and I have to restart it and of course the work you have done so far isn't saved...  I couldn't find any particular reason for the editor crashing or not when deleting a group. By the way, of course I'm using v. 0.4.3. I think this bug is really anoying, because you have to do what you've done before all again... So I hope you will fix it in the new version you were talking about.

Thank You

It's impossible to reproduce without more information. We can't fix anything without knowing what's wrong, so please provide more information or we wont be able to do anything about it.

167 (edited by Xara 2008-09-05 20:33:26)

Ok, I'm sorry for my poor explanation, and so I'll try to give some more details about the bug. I'm using Windows XP as OS and I used the mapeditor of v. 0.4.3 of teeworlds. I loaded a map, which some other guy had createt, and I noticed that there were 3 groups, with nothing in them, so I decided to delet them, to reduce the needed space of the map. The numbers of the groups were 5, 4 and 3. I started with deleting number 5 and then deleted number 4, no error so far, but when i ereased number 3 the editor crashed, and a window apeared with the possibility, to send an error report to Microsoft. The bug apeared two more times later, once while I did quite the same thing, ereasing smoe empty groups, and once, while i tried to activate the bug again. In order to do this, I loaded the same map agian, and deleted the groups. At first the bug didn't appear, so I loaded the map again and again, and I think it was the sixth try, the error finally apeared again. Since then I wasn't able to activate the bug again. If you want to I'll make the map available for you, perhaps this can help you finding the bug and fixing it. If the Bug apeares again, I'll make a screenshot of it and copy the error report, you can send to microsoft, and make those two things available, too. I hope this post was a little more helpfull to you, than my first.

Yeah, now there's some more stuff to work with. Please upload the map and those things you described as well, would make it even easier smile Thanks for reporting however.

I can't reproduce it on 0.4.3 (Windows Vista) with the official maps.

169 (edited by Xara 2008-09-06 08:56:32)

As I said, at the moment, I don't have a screenshot and the error report, but I'll upload those, if the bug apears again, but here is the map: http://xaraphim.xa.funpic.de/TT.map
As I said, too, the problem is, that the bug doesen't seen to appear always. If you try the activate,   to me it seems kind of rabdom, wether it appears or not.

There's a problem with the skins
the problem: only 260 skins are loaded, but there are much more out there...
i have about 400 skins in my folder and so i cant load many of them

http://www.sigmirror.com/files/6841_cq7rm/tw_server.jpg

i think there should not be a limit at all

There's a limit of 256 skins and there shouldn't be a need for more. Custom skins are NOT supported.

I think 100 skins are enough!

I dont use created skins, i just ude the standart skins (Brownbear) big_smile

Help
My

here i found an other "bug"
i am not sure its a real bug but it is disturbing:
you can find all important configs in the settings menue in teeworlds,
but i think you should add one: Scoreboard
because if you for example want to make some screeshots, TAB is a very advantageously key.
and if you use it and dont know which bind you have to write in the console you show the scoreboard with tab,
you have to wait until you die the next time to take a look at the scoreboard,
because of this, you should change it wink but what do you think about it?

Please use an english signature //heinrich5991

i found a bug at TDM Scoring. If teamdamage is enabled u can kill ur teammates and the team gets points. Normaly it should be negative points but they are positiv.
Even in 0.5 this bug is there till now sad

i hope it was usefull and wasnt allready posted wink

sry for my bad english ^^

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

Sushi Tee, thanks for reporting.

"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." - Terry Pratchett -