Re: Report minor bugs here! 0.5

About DoS-Bug:

*  milestone changed from 0.4.2 to 0.4.3.

pushed because I can't seam to reproduce it.

->> The bug ONLY occurs if there are at least TWO people connected to rcon!

i have a problem with the map-rotation.

sv_map killclapp
sv_maprotation killclapp dm1 ctf_desert2 jdm2 ctf1 dm_forest1 dm2 FastDM_Rivers dm6 jdm1_dn

that are the lines in my server config. the rotation goes through to dm2. then it restarts at ctf1 and so on. the command sv_map FastDM_Rivers changes the map without problems.
is it a bug or is there something wrong with my config?

scosu, maybe capital letters confuse it? Try to change a file name.

no, that does not change anything. it seems that the server does not even try to rotate to FastDM_Rivers. it just loads ctf1.

One more about DDos Bug:

I think its this way:

2 Players in rcon

Player1 first got into rcon
Player2 seconds into rcon

on a specific situation for example a mapchange the server will do some strange things.

Player1 will get massive spamming trough rcon console [xxxxxxx] fffff -1 thing
at my computer about 1mb/s download because of this rcon spamming but not connection problems at all.

Player2 will get connection problems. I dont know what exactly causes them my download and download stayed at 0 kb/s. But i was not able to hear people talking in Teamspeak and connecting to root via putty and killing the server took about 2min beause it reacted extremely slow.

Seems like those are two differen problems. 1 extrem download (not that problem). 2 connection getting owned ("DoS"...sort of).

Key bindings get forgotten for some special keys.

E.g. on my laptop the "<,>,|" key appears as #60 in the teeworlds controls panel. works fine but next time i start it, the binding is gone and I have to remap it. (empty entry)

I found a bug : If you have used the second jump and that you die when you will spawn you won't have the possibility to double jump.

This is probably some sorting problem... today teeworlds was in a weird state so that player entries in the scoreboard that had the same number of points switched places at every frame (flickering). The two spectators flipped back and forth too. Never happened before

Small Logic Inconsisty: When I click on a squad on "Square" I often enough get a "Rectangle", that is all angles are 90° but not all 4 sides equal. Proposed solution rename "Square" :-)

135 (edited by BatchteeX 2008-05-10 12:00:44)

otis wrote:

Key bindings get forgotten for some special keys.

E.g. on my laptop the "<,>,|" key appears as #60 in the teeworlds controls panel. works fine but next time i start it, the binding is gone and I have to remap it. (empty entry)

Yeah I have the same problem. The developers thought that using # before the key would be great, forgetting that the key name is written as is in the configuration file, and that their parser uses # as a comment delimiter

now i patched e_keynames.c to use & instead and it works wink

I think it is a bug http://www.pctunerup.com/up//results/_200805/20080509170850_screenbug.PNG

???????????????????????????????????
?¹ G???c? ¹..?.. ||                       QuiD| °RsT°Clan-Leader  [ITA]

@G1nick : I didn't get what's wrong...

I don't know if it has already been noticed but when I refresh the server list, the list is growing and the last server finish under the visible zone so i can't scrolling down, this is just the last one and i can't reach it.

I'm on 1024*768 windowed mode.

When somebody pick up the ninja sword my game dont work

make it 64bit ready for windows

@g1nick: It's definitely no bug
@florei000: could be probs with your sound driver

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

I wanted to create a map and use the texture "mountains.png".
Whenever I want to save the map the game crashes.
I've also tried it without this texture and then it works.

Has anyone else got this problem too?

its the same with "desert_mountains.png"
is it because of the height and width (both 1024x512)?

Win Vista SP1, TW-0.4.2-win32

I manually altered the settings.cfg using NotePad++ to add my new keybindings and server information including the Instagib 1.11 mod. When I save it and run the game, it replaces my settings.cfg file with an older one, deleting my latest changes and all the lines that I added for Instagib (e.g. the sv_instagib 1 lines etc.).  sad

Also, I noticed that running the game with gfx_texture_quality 0 and gfx_high_detail 0 will sometimes display maps incompletely or completely not.. Yesterday I was playing with some friends and we wanted to play the Station lvl in CTF. My friends could play the map without problem, but I just saw a blue background and everyone floated in it but was playing like nothing was wrong.. when I looked at my friends screen I noticed that my computer didn't display the map, while his did.. When I replaced the file on my computer with his, I still had the same problem.

So I figured: When you're running in low quality and low detail mode, some maps may not be displayed properly.  smile

[chat]: NAZI 4 LIFE: how the fuck u get out of the box
[chat]: nuff @ clan search: ctrl+shift+q
*** NAZI 4 LIFE has left the game

can anyone help me with my problem? (2 posts above)
btw i'm using XP SP2

145 (edited by user23 2008-05-26 23:23:39)

hi,

first i wanna say: very very nice game smile

second is a little bug in the map editor. I have created a map using the integrated map-editor, configured server.cfg and run it. After first client connects to the map the server crashes.
I'm thinking there are too many game-items on the game-layer.

game-layer details (server crash):
- normal_player spawn-points = 2
- shotguns                   = 2
- granade-launchers          = 2
- laser-guns                 = 2
- hearts                     = 520
- shields                    = 520
overall                      = 1048 items

game-layer details (no server crash):
- normal_player spawn-points = 2
- shotguns                   = 2
- granade-launchers          = 2
- laser-guns                 = 2
- hearts                     = 0
- shields                    = 520
overall                      = 528 items

hope this helps little

520 o_O

spl0k, aka Al`. From the HuH clan.
Noobing pwns since 01/01/1970.
TeeViewer - TeeComp

@user23: Lol, semi-immortality? I'd guess that's the problem.. as Computer Science student, I figure that line is drawn at 1024 objects.. but I wouldn't know whether that'd be including the tees, fired bullets, etc..

@Toni: I don't know.. maybe you should try using a smaller image to test this? wink

btw, about my problem I mentioned earlier, I have a work-around: I made 2 .bat-files with these lines:

run.bat
===
@copy %APPDATA%\Teeworlds\backup.txt %APPDATA%\Teeworlds\settings.cfg
@start C:\Users\Acer\Desktop\FFDownloads\teeworlds-0.4.2-win32\teeworlds-0.4.2-win32\run2.bat
C:\Users\Acer\Desktop\FFDownloads\teeworlds-0.4.2-win32\teeworlds-0.4.2-win32\teeworlds.exe
===
run2.bat
===
C:\Users\Acer\Desktop\FFDownloads\teeworlds-0.4.2-win32\teeworlds-0.4.2-win32\teeworlds_srv.exe

This replaces my (reverted) settins.cfg with the settings I want to use (backup.txt), runs the server and the game, all at once. big_smile

Still waiting for a comment from the developer though. smile

help! can you use mauntains in the editor?

Hey, I still encounter the same problems as before, but no-one's reacting? sad

My workaround works pretty good (off course) but provides me with a new problem: changes I make in the game settings while in-game will be overwritten with my backup.txt settings...

Game crash when map saving in map editor
http://www.picamatic.com/show/2008/06/04/03/385195_bigthumb.gif