Re: Report minor bugs here! 0.5

It's not a bug, it's a game design decision, and it's a good decision. It can be done differently, but that would make the weapon projectiles dependent on the tee's speed, which in turn forces players to move in their firing direction to optimize the weapons usefulness, which in the long turn limits the movement freedom. It also makes gameplay more focused on hit and run tactics, rather then actual combat.

aka kiwi

The problem isn´t it´s speed, the problem is where it spawns. Couldn´t the server run some prediction for where it should appear too, too make it end up as close too the weapon tip as possible?

Again; the network model will be extensively re-written for 0.4.

A super minor bug that would only bother a perfectionist like me:

When you shoot somebody and multiple stars pop out, only the 5-point stars show up, instead of randomly displaying either a 5, 7, or 9-pointed star, found in the "game" file under "data". Unless these 7 and 9-pointed stars are used elsewhere. Or maybe I'm just blind? tongue

Innocent Hawk wrote:

When you shoot somebody and multiple stars pop out, only the 5-point stars show up, instead of randomly displaying either a 5, 7, or 9-pointed star, found in the "game" file under "data". Unless these 7 and 9-pointed stars are used elsewhere. Or maybe I'm just blind? tongue

Not a bug. As design. The 5-point just looked better smile

matricks wrote:
Innocent Hawk wrote:

Not a bug. As design. The 5-point just looked better smile

Ah, ok. It just confused me when I saw those stars in the file still hehe.

57 (edited by otis 2008-01-25 00:31:25)

2 minor issues
-In the ctf night level i sometimes can't see the cursor when the hammer is activated as a weapon (cursor is black then). Maybe make a white outline around it so it can be seen on both dark and bright backgrounds (On a 2nd thought... this might well have to do with my crappy monitor)
-When switching servers without disconnecting from the first, I get a crash (probably already reported)

otis wrote:

2 minor issues
-In the ctf night level i sometimes can't see the cursor when the hammer is activated as a weapon (cursor is black then). Maybe make a white outline around it so it can be seen on both dark and bright backgrounds (On a 2nd thought... this might well have to do with my crappy monitor)

I've got the same problem here. The hammer crosshair is too black. I can hardly see where I'm aiming on the map ctf2. It needs to have some lighter colours in it. Either that or the crosshairs should be customisable.

U can use my crosshairs if u want.

aka oop²

Has anyone had issues with the rocket launcher's projectiles just sailing through the terrain without exploding? Noticed this just now on DM6 near a shotgun spawn.

All the way through or just partly through? Cause I have also seen projectiles travel farther through terrain at times.

It's called lag prolly.

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

Hi! this isn't  a minor bug but however....
I'm using Mac OS X  v.10.5.2
and after a software update teewars can't handle my mouse and mine keyboard anymore!!!
in effect the update of the System was on the firmware of the keyboard....so u'll have to make an update cose soon all the mac users will have the same problem!!

bye and thx

TW: 0.3.4

Bug: I place the hammer to the map in editor. In game if I pick this hammer up and use it - after few strokes the hammer is unusable - I cannot stroke and the sound is the same as if I have the gun and have no bullets (chattering).

Kiss my HAMMER :-D

65 (edited by FireArrow 2008-02-28 18:43:17)

The editor isn't supported by dev but as you post it, I might as well tell you that this is a known bug and that 0.4.0 will have a new, fancy version of the editor.

Used to be very active waay back

teewars-0.3.4-win32
OS Win XP Pro Sp2

Bug: The Weapon does not shoot a bullet/rocket in a special situation.
Reproduce:
1. Start the game
2. Go into a server.
3. DONT move the mouse (it should be placed directly on your caracter).
4. Shoot with any weapon. No bullet will appear.

(this wont work if you already have been in a game and moved the mouse)

Okay. Have to update my Bugreport:

The bug is a specific pixel on character:

Here is a video that proffs it:
http://85.114.130.63:8180/teewars/teewars.html

68 (edited by Mat 2008-03-02 07:40:08)

I am not sure it is a minor bug but here it is:

Option "Switch weapon on pick up" is turned OFF.

After respwawn (all the time with a hammer...) if u take a granade launcher it will switch on it automaticly (it happens only once), but if u take a shotgun it wont switching automaticly, and if u push any weapon switch button before taking a launcher it wont switching automaticly too.

We were on a mod server and this happened, it was like pistol with grenade skin.. yikes
http://img26.picoodle.com/img/img26/4/3 … 782c0e.png

nikoPSK

No, that is not me; it's just a figment of your imagination.

sv_kick does not work properly:

I was on a pwassword protected server with one other player.
teewars-0.3.4-win32
both players rcon rights
my name: "fp8 - scheissgamegamer"
his name: "Pexdob |ThePuMa|"
sv_kick=1 did not work
sv_kick=2 did not work
sv_kick="fp8 - scheissgamegamer" did not work.
i changed my nick to "Kademlia"
sv_kick=Kademlia did work. Past that
sv_kick=a
sv_kick=yxfdrd kicked me.
even if i myself wrote:
sv_kick=Pexdob |ThePuMa|

Kademlia wrote:

sv_kick does not work properly:

I was on a pwassword protected server with one other player.
teewars-0.3.4-win32
both players rcon rights
my name: "fp8 - scheissgamegamer"
his name: "Pexdob |ThePuMa|"
sv_kick=1 did not work
sv_kick=2 did not work
sv_kick="fp8 - scheissgamegamer" did not work.
i changed my nick to "Kademlia"
sv_kick=Kademlia did work. Past that
sv_kick=a
sv_kick=yxfdrd kicked me.
even if i myself wrote:
sv_kick=Pexdob |ThePuMa|

sv_kick kicks by client index. if you are alone on a server you will get id 0.. anything like "a" or stuff like that will be a 0.

So why did sv_kick=1 not work for the second player...."Pexdob |ThePuMa|"

Minor bug:

If you pick up another ninja sword while you are already holding one, when the second runs one runs out you will be stuck with the first one that you then can't use and can't switch to other weapons. You have to die to return to normal.

if you jump two times in the air and shoot the grenadelauncher directly to the top, the downfalling grenade explodes a great distance over the ground.

75 (edited by Mat 2008-03-20 16:06:06)

scosu: its not a bug because grenadelauncher have a timer (2 seconds) after it ends grenade is exploding.