Re: Report minor bugs here! 0.5

I got an odd bug: I tried to use the RMB/grappling hook but it seemed to hook onto something off the edge of the screen - I got dragged upwards, through all the rock, and into continuous rock at the top of the screen - then a timeout/disconnect. Weird.

You just got disconnected from youre ISP. You got a big lag first, that explain the hook, and after you have been timed out. Don't worry.

*i guess*

#teewars.fr @ Qnet

Hmm. This is becoming reported more and more and people don't understand why it happens. Perhaps I should and something like a "Connection problems" after 1-2 seconds if idle time from the server.

Same here smile

aka oop²

According too the editor tutorial the edge tiles are copied into infinity and therefore recommended too have walls on all sides. Thing is I thought I´d use that property for something else, that is not having a roof, which I thought would be great for the feel of the level. Now I find out that the edgetiles are only repeated graphically, and have absolutely no influence on where you can go outside the area covered by the area. This resulted in that you can walk into the wall at a certain point, cause that´s where the mapfile ends.

Apparantly you can go infinitely upwards, while the left and right edges of the mapfile act as walls, regardless of tiles. So when I tried too make the sidewalls end and go out on an infinite meadow on both sides, an invisible wall of air prevented tees from walking out on it. An invisible wall of air that I could hook infinitely upwards on smile.

This could pherhaps qualify as a minor bug?

I'd like to see these stripes in 800x600 mode removed! smile

T-B0N3 wrote:

when people leave.
XXX has left the game apears twice. with pause of 1-2 secs

I think this is quite good, but the first message shoud be "XXX has left the server" and the second shoud be "XXX has exited teewars". (The first one is when the player is leaving the server. The second one shows when/if the player is exiting teewars.)

I think it's nice too know if they are just changing server or leaving the game.

Repeating line at the top right corner of your screen:
RallyHagge!  ( ••)   ?????  ( ><) Your name

...Well here's one major bug thou:
Wher running the game the FPS drops over time. After an hour it's necessery to restart the game the get the flow back! I guess you already found out about this, but didnt find it in any disccution, so I'm just making you guys sure about it. Keep up the good work! (Especially work on v0.3.0 lol)

Plz add an error message when attempting to connect to a server running a custom map you don't have saying something like:

The server is running a custom map, blahblah..
Please view the forum to download custom maps.
www.teewars.com/forum

Or else the n00bs won't know why they can't connect.

RallyHagge! wrote:

Plz add an error message when attempting to connect to a server running a custom map you don't have saying something like:

The server is running a custom map, blahblah..
Please view the forum to download custom maps.
www.teewars.com/forum

Or else the n00bs won't know why they can't connect.

This has been added in 0.3.0.

36 (edited by McK 2007-12-19 19:00:12)

Here is a bug, i've also got a solution.

You can't join any (LAN) games if your name uses 'weird' characters. I've tested this because my name first was McK² and I couldn't connect to LAN games. Then changed my name to McK and then it did work.
I'm not sure if this problem is only for '²'.
I was using windows XP SP2 fully updated, version 0.3.

Hope you guys can fix it! big_smile

McK wrote:

Here is bug, i've also got a solution.

You can't join any (LAN) games if your name uses 'weird' characters. I've tested this because my name first was McK² and I couldn't connect to LAN games. Then changed my name to McK and then it did work.
I'm not sure if this problem is only for '²'.
I was using windows XP SP2 fully updated, version 0.3.

Hope you guys can fix it! big_smile

ticket added for 0.3.1

Ever since 0.3.0, I´ve experienced something lag-like every time I attack with the ninja sword. The movement seems sort of uneven and I get completely disorientated. It´s like that both on my home computer and that at my parents house, both use Windows.

Some issues with how this forum is displayed.

1. Just recently started using Opera and noticed that everything started too look much nicer. In Internet Explorer it´s really a mess in comparison.

There´s this dark grey backgroundcolour in the left hand thingy with the name, avatar and such. This "background" effectively hides the title text such as "Member" and "Mister Tee", except on short posts where there will be this gap in the grey at a seemingly random place revealing half the "Member" text or something like that. Looks like an ugly temporary solution, so before I got Opera I simply thought it was something you´d get too later. Also the names get slightly hard too read on the grey, but you can still make them out.

There´s also some grey in a square around the smileys, not matching the white background of the textarea. This, too, is in Internet Explorer but not in Opera.

2. Tees as smileys is a great idea smile, and most of them work very well. Being different from the regular smileys, but still sending the same message. The tongue smiley, however, makes no sence at all. It doesn´t look like it´s teasing. If anything, it looks chocked. I think you should make a new smiley for : P tongue.

40 (edited by jeppo 2008-01-06 11:56:58)

teewars blocks second soundcard

i use linux 64bit with 2 soundcards one for mainsound, second one for teamspeak.
when i start teamspeak first and then teewars, teewars blocks teamspeak.
when i start teewars first and then teamspeak, teamspeak works fine.

other games, ut2004, warsow, etc, no problems

[4780a521][client]: starting...
[4780a521][config/load]: loading /home/js/.teewars/default.cfg
[4780a522][gfx]: depthbits = 24
[4780a522][snd]: device #0 name='Audigy 2 ZS [SB0350]: ADC Capture/Standard PCM Playback (hw:0,0)'
[4780a522][snd]: device #1 name='Audigy 2 ZS [SB0350]: Mic Capture (hw:0,1)'
[4780a522][snd]: device #2 name='Audigy 2 ZS [SB0350]: Multichannel Capture/PT Playback (hw:0,2)'
[4780a522][snd]: device #3 name='Audigy 2 ZS [SB0350]: Multichannel Playback (hw:0,3)'
[4780a522][snd]: device #4 name='Audigy 2 ZS [SB0350]: p16v (hw:0,4)'
[4780a522][snd]: device #5 name='HDA Intel: ALC882 Analog (hw:1,0)'
[4780a522][snd]: device #6 name='HDA Intel: ALC882 Digital (hw:1,1)'
[4780a522][snd]: device #7 name='HDA Intel: ALC882 Analog (hw:1,2)'
[4780a522][snd]: device #8 name='front'
[4780a522][snd]: device #9 name='rear'
[4780a522][snd]: device #10 name='center_lfe'
[4780a522][snd]: device #11 name='side'
[4780a522][snd]: device #12 name='surround41'
[4780a522][snd]: device #13 name='surround50'
[4780a522][snd]: device #14 name='iec958'
[4780a522][snd]: device #15 name='spdif'
[4780a522][snd]: device = 0
[4780a522][font/loading]: failed loading font fonts/tahoma6.tfnt.
[4780a522][game]: load skin pinky
[4780a522][game]: load skin cammo
[4780a522][game]: load skin warpaint
[4780a522][game]: load skin redbopp
[4780a522][game]: load skin limekitty
[4780a522][game]: load skin default
[4780a522][game]: load skin bluekitty
[4780a522][game]: load skin coala
[4780a522][game]: load skin toptri
[4780a522][game]: load skin saddo
[4780a522][game]: load skin cammostripes
[4780a522][game]: load skin brownbear
[4780a522][game]: load skin bluestripe
[4780a522][game]: load skin redstripe
[4780a522][game]: load skin ninja
[4780a522][game]: load skin twintri
[4780a522][game]: load skin twinbop
[4780a522][client]: version 0.3 e2d7973c6647a13c
[4780a525][netclient]: disconnected. reason="(null)"
[4780a525][net]: sendto error -1 ffffffff
[4780a525][config/save]: saving config to /home/js/.teewars/default.cfg

41 (edited by X-DOS 2008-01-07 12:09:48)

When I launch grenade up, and jump up to falling missile, it won't blow me

another one:
When I have a high speed (like falling down), and I'm lanuching grenade, it's launching behind me, not from gun

i don#t got any solution for your problem, but I got another one: I wanted to play a game in the school-lan...but after running a normal server (standard config -> nothing changed) and connecting I saw my ping: around 150ms...a very high ping for a 10/100Mbit-Lan, is'nt it? And it was running on the same pc...
can I change the ping?

The sv_max_clients variable isn´t changable by rcon.

Hi !
Found a small bug !
When configuring mouse sensitivity, if you set it to the minimum... then the mouse sensitivity is 0, and you can't move your mouse anymore. So you can't set mouse sensitivity up and have to kill the game process. Maybe add a minimum value for that ?

In the serverbrowser, when I click on a server too see who´s it sometimes shows me, while sometimes it instead connects me too the server immediately. Can be really annoying since it suddenly throws you into a random server when your´e in the middle of carefully deciding which too join. Happens maybe 1 in 3 clicks in 0.3.2, a little less frequent in 0.3.3.

X-DOS wrote:

another one:
When I have a high speed (like falling down), and I'm lanuching grenade, it's launching behind me, not from gun

completely normal. Grenade speed while standing is exactly the same as grenade speed while falling/jumping.

raph wrote:
X-DOS wrote:

another one:

completely normal. Grenade speed while standing is exactly the same as grenade speed while falling/jumping.

Isn´t it still quite bad that the projectile spawns behind you?

think about it. Say you jump off a cliff. About half way down, you throw a rock. The rock will not fall at your speed + the force of your throw. It will fall at a speed proportional to its terminal velocity. This is also sorta the same for Teewars (And any game based on the Quake 3 engine).

The Teewars grenade can never exceed its own pre-programmed fall speed, while the Tee just gets faster and faster while it falls.

Dreamy it's not a bug, it's due to client-prediction. That is, in "reality", that is, on the server, you are really behind yourself. When you fire any weapon, you wont see their projectiles until they appear on the server, and when they do, they will emit from the position you had when you fired it. Ah this is getting confusing. Anyway if you don't understand, go into the game, press f1 for console, and type debug=1  (debug=0 to turn off). See that thing that's following you? That's the real you.

aka kiwi

I understand, I just think it´s a bad thing. I don´t think it makes sence gamedesignwise that you can´t fire down while falling, however logical it is how the situation occured programmingwhise. I still think it is too be called a bug. Can´t be impossible too do something about it, can it?