376 (edited by kneekoo 2011-01-13 03:58:35)

Re: Report minor bugs here! 0.5

As I already mentioned, that tutorial works perfectly - at least for Windows. The only thing I had to adjust was the path for bam.exe. I might give it a try on Linux to confirm if those instructions work as well.

//Later edit: I'm nitpicking here but I noticed two strings that should be fixed:

1. "Team is balanced" should be "Teams are balanced"
2. "choosen 'master4.teeworlds.com' as master" should be "chosen ..."
3. While trying to figure out the server messages I noticed there is no message on a CTF map when a player dies by a lethal surface in the game (falling in ctf5) WHILE holding the enemy flag. The server should tell something like this:

flag_return player='ID:Name'

Is anyone aware of the double jump decreasing player's vertical speed? I noticed this bug on build+ when blasting thousands of Tee-Meters high into the air and found that it can also happen in vanilla game types if you rocket jump but it's not nearly as dramatic. Like the katana, if the player's starting speed is greater than the speed the double jump produces then it becomes quite obvious that it slows you down. I have a demo showing it in action: [demo]
It however only becomes obvious when you rocket jump quickly and you double jump right after take off...

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

I'm pretty sure that's well known... and a good thing smile

Well I didn't know about it until recently... and how is that a good thing? yikes

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

its a good way to keep precision in rocket jumps.

or else you would have to rocket jump perfect to land perfectly on a ledge. (bad example)

381 (edited by CarmineZ 2011-03-05 19:44:52)

but also, if you fall from a hi place, you have a fast speed to down, with airjump always port you to up^ anyway... airjump don't add his force into current speed(velocity), but replace your Y velocity
it isn't a bug, it is a wanted behaviour