Re: Report minor bugs here! 0.5

Or maybe it isn't a bug at all... hmm

This bug only appears on a tuned server, when the laser_reach is tuned up, and the laser goes out of your screen tongue. i already mentioned it too, but i guess its no problem.

353 (edited by Dune 2010-06-16 21:20:40)

Snazzy wrote:

This bug only appears on a tuned server, when the laser_reach is tuned up, and the laser goes out of your screen tongue. i already mentioned it too, but i guess its no problem.

It also happens when you're getting a high speed and when you shoot behind.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

354 (edited by Coold0wn 2010-06-16 20:28:54)

torch wrote:
Coold0wn wrote:
0³7 wrote:

("para X" and "para Y" of the moon have to be higher than "para X" and "para Y" of the stars.)

i dont think so.
moon is "farer (is this english?^^)" away then stars. its ok

orly? If stars were closer to us that the moon our planet would be shish-kebab.

btw the word is ( more far away/more distant )

i know in reality stars are farer away.
but in this map the moon is behind stars so: moon less para x/y
or put moon before stars. would make more sence

edit: ok i had a mistake with the thinking here wink
moon before stars and moon more para x/y
then its like in this universe big_smile

«Honor øf Tees»
hot.bplaced.net/forum
We still search good Members

Saying the moon is further than the sun is totally pointless for this.
It's like saying the sun moves in the sky when you run... The moon and the stars can be assimilated in an unic fixed background.

I understand Teeworlds is different, it's virtual. But then don't argue you make the moon with more para x/y because it's before stars in the universe.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:

The moon and the stars can be assimilated in an unic fixed background.

This would be realistic but Teeworlds is a 2D-Game so in my opinion it feels little bit flat (especially when you have dynamic camera). So even when it's unrealistic I think -1 or + 1 (x/y) for Para is ok for far away objects. It's maybe more like the tee would fly through some contries when they just move over some tiles but feels little bit more "deeper".
I tried with moons in mo_xenon_1 which are just visible in a smaller area of the map. As I have an telescope and did some atronmic stuff myself I thought at first I would make it static beheind (like I made already a skybox or skydome in 3D games) but in this case it looked pretty faked, synthetic (as it would be some paper behind). Then i changed both values to 1 (or -1 don't know) and in my opinion it looked better.

Greetings,
Mo

It's a really little bug. If you keep pressed TAB (to view scores) you can move left and right, hook and fire, but you can't jump smile

» Albert Einsteein: I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.

*facepalm* you can, i guess it's the mod trouble, and mods are not supported

Stay wild big_smile

I find a little bug: when you are watching demo and use progress bar to navigate, if you click on it and select time with message (like ***player entered and joined the game) this message will be played many time (with terrible sound)

- What was noise?
- Ze sound of progress, my friend.

I think this might be considered a major bug...but if you set your cl_mouse_max_distance to go off the screen, and you move it all the way to the right, you can cause a serious problem. if you dont touch your mouse and type cl_mouse_followfactor to 400, you can see all the way across the map. hard to explain...i'll put it step by step so you  can understand...

0. walk all the way to the left of ctf2
1. turn dynamic cam off.
2. cl_mouse_max_distance 400
3. you should have a normal tee now, with dyncam off.
4. cl_mouse_max_distance 1500
5. move your mouse all the way to the right
6. DO NOT TOUCH YOUR MOUSE. DON'T EVEN NUDGE IT. DON'T EVEN SHAKE THE TABLE.
7. press f1, type cl_mouse_followfactor 400
8. you should be seeing some place in the middle of the map...

MODS - FIX THIS IMMEDIATELY

alias wrote:

I think this might be considered a major bug...but if you set your cl_mouse_max_distance to go off the screen, and you move it all the way to the right, you can cause a serious problem. if you dont touch your mouse and type cl_mouse_followfactor to 400, you can see all the way across the map. hard to explain...i'll put it step by step so you  can understand...

0. walk all the way to the left of ctf2
1. turn dynamic cam off.
2. cl_mouse_max_distance 400
3. you should have a normal tee now, with dyncam off.
4. cl_mouse_max_distance 1500
5. move your mouse all the way to the right
6. DO NOT TOUCH YOUR MOUSE. DON'T EVEN NUDGE IT. DON'T EVEN SHAKE THE TABLE.
7. press f1, type cl_mouse_followfactor 400
8. you should be seeing some place in the middle of the map...

MODS - FIX THIS IMMEDIATELY

It's not a problem from the server, but from the client wink There are already some cheats called zoom.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

362 (edited by Gon 2010-08-23 19:18:41)

361 Post dont wanna read so i just post this (dont be mad please D:)

WinXP + W-lan + unstable connection:
I have often connection issues and if i have a menu open (esc + settings etc.) and i get a 'Connection Problems...' while doing so i get back to the server list + the menu disappears.

But the most annoying thing is now i cant klick on any button nothing responds and i have to restart the game via Strg+Esc or Strg+alt+delete.

edit: Strg is ctrl on german keyboard

~ See ya on the battlefield ~

Just found a bug in current Trunk-TW-Client with 64bit Linux (don't know how it works on 32bit) - got version from github today and compiled successfully with bam 0.4.0. At first I thought it is just a problem with DDRace-Client but afterwards I've even tried with unmodified TW to get sure and it was the same problem here (so I poste it here as well):

Problem: Hitting "kp0" (numblock zero key) crashes the client if you are connected to a server.
Even if the key is "unbind" this happens. I have tried DDRace-Client on two different Linux-Distros and afterwards TW-Trunk on my main one. The strange thing is kp5 works fine. Just kp0 crashes:

[4c826c12][datafile]: loading data index=3 size=18 uncompressed=10
[4c826c12][datafile]: loading data index=4 size=18 uncompressed=10
[4c826c12][datafile]: loading data index=5 size=18 uncompressed=10
[4c826c12][console]: [chat]*** Mo entered and joined the spectators
[4c826c13][datafile]: loading data index=6 size=79 uncompressed=152
[4c826c13][datafile]: loading data index=7 size=340 uncompressed=1520
[4c826c13][datafile]: loading data index=8 size=241 uncompressed=1064

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x00007ffff6185a82 in vfprintf () from /lib64/libc.so.6
(gdb) backtrace
#0  0x00007ffff6185a82 in vfprintf () from /lib64/libc.so.6
#1  0x00007ffff6190288 in fprintf () from /lib64/libc.so.6
#2  0x000000000041e15e in CMapLayers::OnRender() ()
#3  0x00007fff00000073 in ?? ()
#4  0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()
(gdb) 

fprintf?? Why should he do that when i just hit an (unbind) key? Looks like he is writing something? However I did not tell him to do so (no config changed, ...). If you are not connected you may safely hit kp0.

Greetings,
Mo(2)

Is this a bug?
http://i54.tinypic.com/22xcpc.jpg

I cannot reproduce it. I searched for adorable, but the page was correctly shown to me (firefox, ie)

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

i can't either... i just tried again.

Isn't this topic for bugs in Teeworlds and not the forum?

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

Bug:
When your speed is quickly increasing, and continues to increase, you eventually slow down.
Video:
http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae3/myy_photobucket/th_asdf.jpg

Bug:
When two tees are stacked on top of each other (sometimes even more), eventually, with some waiting, one tee will fly up/teleport and never come down, until he hits a roof. This bug is used in many DDRace maps. It may be beneficial for them, but for us default/ctf map players, it is annoying - when you are playing on an open sky map, and the glitch happens, you will fly up forever, and your FPS will quickly drop to ~1. The glitch can sometimes happen in an instant, sometimes the second you touch the top of another tee. Fix please. (This is to point out that it can happen within a single bump, and not while waiting on top of each other.)

Bug:
In ctf3, when high detail is turned off, there are many graphical mapping bugs. Not urgent, but please fix... chi1 wink

Bug:
Mapping bug... when using color envelopes, and you set the envelope to a day/night cycle, (put a black overlay, and set the color thing. transparent, half opaque, transparent.) in game, sometimes, you will experience black flashes. I'm sure some of you have seen it. If you have not, I can upload a video.

1st bug: already known but u wont ever get that fast in vanilla games!
2nd bug: already known and already half fixed... u wont fly so high cuz u get killed when you are too far away from the map
3rd bug: desert tileset will be reworked anyway so will ctf3
4th bug: dunno xD

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

Not really sure if it's already posted and how up-to-date the "*gv* - ctf ctf5" server is (at least some trunk version) but someone faked chat and spammed in the name of another player (which get voted out fast). Afterwards he even spammed in my name but I told them that it's not me and I did not get voted out (close). The result was he tried to change my name. It seems he had success when reading the chat-messages but in score-list and when you catched the flag everything looked ok.

Greetings,
Mo(2)

371 (edited by kneekoo 2011-01-10 16:50:29)

I translated Teeworlds to Romanian and here are my findings:

1. REC is apparently not used anylonger (I deleted it) I read the relevant source file and I noticed it's still in there so I put it back in my translation.
2. HD appears twice (I used french.txt)
3. The server generated messages are in English. Is there a way to translate them as well based on message IDs perhaps?
4. Later edit [9:17 GMT+2]: The Windows build 47 doesn't show the translated title but the English string: "Welcome to Teeworlds" (After I deleted my Teeworlds folder in %APPDATA% it works. Probably worth mentioning in the documentation somewhere)

P.S. I used the translation in teeworlds-b53-reedaf62d-linux_x86 and teeworlds-b47-reedaf62d-win32.

My language file is here.
The language name is Română

1st REC is still used (u can see it when recording a demo and showing the scoreboard)
4th You probalby just had an old language file into your %APPDATA% so it was loaded before your modified language file so yours was just ignored wink

also its better to fork teeworlds on github, then push the changes and send a Pullrequest to Oy.

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

1. Yes, REC got back in my translation. I noticed Localize("REC") in the source code and that rang me the bell. tongue I just forgot to remove it from my post.

4. My %APPDATA% doesn't have any translation inside it. All of them are inside my /data/languages/ game directory so it was a bit tricky. I don't know exactly why deleting %APPDATA% helped TW take the new language data but it did.

Now about forking... I'll leave that to people who know how to do it and those who have the time. I'm a OSS developer myself and I have very little time on my hands so I just tried to add my contribution in here hoping it would just be picked up by the other developers.

This page needs to be updated: http://www.teeworlds.com/?wiki=CompilingEverything

..\bam\src\bam release
..\bam\src\bam server_release
..\bam\src\bam debug
..\bam\src\bam server_debug

I don't know how it's been in the past but I compiled teeworlds a bit earlier and I had to delete \src because bam.exe is directly in the \bam directory. Someone should update the instructions. Other than that everything went smooth and bam finished in 1:04 or something like that. smile Very nice.

375 (edited by Dune 2011-01-12 19:02:45)

kneekoo wrote:

This page needs to be updated: http://www.teeworlds.com/?wiki=CompilingEverything

..\bam\src\bam release
..\bam\src\bam server_release
..\bam\src\bam debug
..\bam\src\bam server_debug

I don't know how it's been in the past but I compiled teeworlds a bit earlier and I had to delete \src because bam.exe is directly in the \bam directory. Someone should update the instructions. Other than that everything went smooth and bam finished in 1:04 or something like that. smile Very nice.

This tutorial is supposed to teach you to compile 0.5.x versions, it's obsolete since trunk got released. Everything should be rewritten, not only this part.

Not Luck, Just Magic.