Re: [GAME] Ninslash - v0.5.0

Siile wrote:
Deepfinder wrote:

Could you add oldschool-tees as skin? And oldschool-weapons?
So an old soldier have to fight against this newschool-kiddys and KILL THEM ALL

This is bad idea and you should feel bad. neutral

You too James_Trj

Hahahaha

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live with him.

Check out my DeviantArt for all my TeeWorlds art and ideas for Teeoworlds

Making good touchscreen controks for ninja rope is proven to be impossible.

pelya wrote:

Would just touching the direction in which the hook should fly work?

heinrich5991 wrote:
pelya wrote:

Would just touching the direction in which the hook should fly work?

It works, until you need to run, jump and shoot at the same time with launching the hook.
That's 4 separate screen controls, which logically require 4 fingers.

Jetpack on the other hand can be combined with jump button, and you don't need precise control for it, because it only has one direction to activate.

What is in the box?

Small update with some server configs, you can now...

• disable penalty from self kills

• make everything kill with one hit

• force any weapon as the only available weapon with unlimited ammo

• enable survival mode in dm, tdm & ctf

• set round time limit to survival mode

• enable unlimited turbo

• see What is in the box?

No client update required. Official server (BEST SERVER) is up to date. Check voting menu or example config for more.

http://ninslash.com/png/votemenu.png

The box mode is fun.
Now I want to make Mortars gamemode, I'm not sure if it's possible with only tweaking the grenade launcher.

pelya wrote:

The box mode is fun.
Now I want to make Mortars gamemode, I'm not sure if it's possible with only tweaking the grenade launcher.

How does that work?

183 (edited by pelya 2017-02-12 21:10:33)

Mortars is a LieroX game mode, with one-hit-kill slow-moving weapon, which you can shoot in a valley of 5 rounds, because of the game engine weapon switching 'feature'. Then you run away to reload, which happens automatically, but takes time.

This game mode was ofren derided by LieroX 'pro' community as noobish and lacking finesse of 'classic' mode, where you have 5 different weapons instead of 5 Mortars, and need to select the best weapon for each moment of the game.

But it was fun while it lasted.

https://youtu.be/30jw1_6rH4o

https://youtu.be/Q2ZAN9EGpCc  - 'pro' Mortars match, which is mostly spamming the shots across the map, trying to guess the opponent position using that tiny minimap in the corner, and of course whining in the chat.

why not change ninslash weapons with something interactive object?
now is too much violent, nobody play more then few minut without have mental disturb later!

For me, the problem is not the violence, but that the game is not readable because of an overflow of explosions and blood.

^this.

Currently I think it is a little too much, you can't see whats going on in some situations, I would suggest to make it a bit more subliminal.

Real programmers don't comment their code - it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
Proudly verkeckt since 2010.

Don't know the order of things but could you put the blood behind all the players? maybe this way you can still see the players and it will be less distracting.

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live with him.

188 (edited by CarmineZ 2017-02-17 17:24:39)

I talk about a real suppression of weapons, in way to benefit other skills
for example handle a fire extinguisher to put out the flames instead of burning all!

I like the added features, but i think need to change the purpose, stop kill other tee...
It would be more fun to continue to increase the mechanical elements and whatever else

189 (edited by Siile 2017-02-17 18:37:02)

android272 wrote:

Don't know the order of things but could you put the blood behind all the players? maybe this way you can still see the players and it will be less distracting.

Have you tried disabling the blood?

I'm planning to add even more guts & spray. lol

edit. It's not the same without:
http://ninslash.com/png/lab4.png

Fire extinguisher might actually work as a weapon, spread chemical foam at wide angle, that will slowly drift through the air and suffocate other players, until it falls to the ground and disappears.

So, an area denial weapon that I wanted earlier.

There's one more weapon slot and I've been planning a wave gun (♪♫♪♫). After that I'll need to change the old weapons to more interesting ones.

I'll add new item system, which might include remotely detonated stuff, new traps etc.

Please make some weapon with a huge knockback, to fling enemies across the map.
Guided missile would also be nice.

193 (edited by android272 2017-02-18 15:28:04)

Siile wrote:

Have you tried disabling the blood?

I'm planning to add even more guts & spray. lol

edit. It's not the same without:

No I like the blood I was just suggesting that you move it to a different layer to perhapse make the game a bit more play able. I don't know if it would look good or make it more play able but for those who say its hard to see and like the blood it might be a considreation for you.

Siile wrote:

There's one more weapon slot and I've been planning a wave gun (♪♫♪♫).

Does this mean we are getting a base cannon?

How do i play on maps like ctf1 after the update?

samdewit02 wrote:

How do i play on maps like ctf1 after the update?

If you want to play maps from teeworlds, you should change entities (weapons & pickups) and change the map name to e.g. tw_ctf1.map

Do you have SVG sources of your art?

android272 wrote:

For some, yes. I haven't actually done any of the graphics, they're mostly public domain graphics and paid assets (e.g effects & tiles), slightly modified in many cases.

Development update

I've been working with alien invasion mode. It's co-op mode (1-4 players) where you have to reach the door. It opens when you've killed all the enemies in the map, or when you hit the switch (if there's one in map). Currently there's 16 first maps, couple of different enemies and lots of action. It still requires polishing and testing before first release, but we'll get there. wink

I'd gladly accept help with alien skins once again. Alien eyes, "hats" / whatever they could put on head...

Happy days! lol
http://ninslash.com/png/aliens.png

I have been wanting to make this change for a while, and just decided to do it. I don't have any good explosions to go with it but if you add something behind the barrels they will probably look great.

http://orig03.deviantart.net/f004/f/2017/073/4/3/explosive_barrels_by_android272-da9fpwb.png

Thanks android! Looks really good, but I'll have to try them in-game and see how it fits. smile

Siile wrote:
android272 wrote:

For some, yes. I haven't actually done any of the graphics, they're mostly public domain graphics and paid assets (e.g effects & tiles), slightly modified in many cases.

Development update

I've been working with alien invasion mode. It's co-op mode (1-4 players) where you have to reach the door. It opens when you've killed all the enemies in the map, or when you hit the switch (if there's one in map). Currently there's 16 first maps, couple of different enemies and lots of action. It still requires polishing and testing before first release, but we'll get there. wink

I'd gladly accept help with alien skins once again. Alien eyes, "hats" / whatever they could put on head...

Happy days! lol
http://ninslash.com/png/aliens.png

You need to make bigger levels , because there's just too many and too fast action tongue