Re: [GAME] Ninslash - v0.5.0

I could use some graphics (buildings, traps, effects, gore...) and skins (zombies, robots / terminators / new monsters etc). Wanna help?

27 (edited by Deepfinder 2016-08-16 14:56:14)

Can you please upload it at an other hoster, e.g. mediafire.com?
ninslash.com doesnt work for me; the download cancels automatically around 1 - 2MB (some times 5MB, omg)

(I have this problem since you uploaded your first things here)

I will be banned if I troll again ...

Mediafire, ugh, please no.

You can upload releases to Github, you need to do 'git tag 0.0.1' then 'git push --tags' then go to https://github.com/Siile/Ninslash/releases and attach your Windows binaries files to the newly created source archive.

Thanks for reporting. I'll set github repo for binaries when I release the next version (during weekend).

30 (edited by Deepfinder 2016-08-18 18:26:13)

pelya wrote:

Mediafire, ugh, please no.

Why not? I use it since 3 years and still love it because you can easy upload files with bad upload-rate (5-10kb/s). Maybe you are a rich kiddy with 4490434mb/s, but we others have to use mediafire

Mediafire was cool maybe at 2009, but now it's just crappy ad-filled virus-sharing website with 1Kb/sec download speed. There are so many better alternatives, even 4shared.com is better, but if you don't want to create another account, share it from your Google Drive or Dropbox.

Or just host the files on the forum, like this.

Post's attachments

Attachment icon teewu6.png 84.38 kb, 218 downloads since 2016-08-19 

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:

this is magic, h2 do pls

privet

34 (edited by Siile 2016-08-20 01:05:15)

Dune wrote:

o_O

In the meanwhile...

-New core mechanic: Sliding. You can pass players and monsters while you slide
-AI improvements
-Small fixes

https://ninslash.com/slide.png

Download and reset your key bindings:
0.1.6 win
0.1.6 unix

I also added example config to git repo: Link

I recommend using player (bot) autofill up to 12 players in inf (sv_preferredteamsize 12)

35 (edited by [pieLover] 2016-08-20 07:16:17)

can pass them, but can we also use melee weapons on them while sliding? smile

Clan: Riot (I'm one of three leaders: Mile, Deku, pie)
Host teeworlds maps on a fng/ctf/dm/ddrace server for testing:http://riotproductions.tk/teewo/ broken-need reinstall nginx http://riotproductions.tk/bounce?whatEven, Teeworlds NA Discord chat

[pieLover] wrote:

can pass them, but can we also use melee weapons on them while sliding? smile

Yes!

37 (edited by Deepfinder 2016-08-20 15:13:35)

Siile wrote:

Download and reset your key bindings:
0.1.6 win
0.1.6 unix

Are you kidding me? This is still ninslash.com! I CANT DOWNLOAD IT! PLEASE UPLOAD IT ON MEDIAFIRE, GOOGLE DRIVE, DROPBOX OR IN THIS FORUM OR 4SHARED, but PLEASE NOT on ninslash.com!

Dropbox mirror

I've set up US-based server at 69.12.73.163
Could please someone from US tell me the ping you have?

pelya wrote:

I've set up US-based server at 69.12.73.163
Could please someone from US tell me the ping you have?

64 bytes from 69.12.73.163: icmp_seq=1 ttl=51 time=87.8 ms
64 bytes from 69.12.73.163: icmp_seq=2 ttl=51 time=89.0 ms
64 bytes from 69.12.73.163: icmp_seq=3 ttl=51 time=80.4 ms

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live with him.

Check out my DeviantArt for all my TeeWorlds art and ideas for Teeoworlds

41 (edited by Siile 2016-08-24 11:15:14)

Yesterday while testing some new features I noticed a player hosting a Teeworlds city mod in Ninslash. Too tight spots for player to pass, and bots had no idea what to do or how to move, but fun experiment never the less. smile

And regarding those new upcoming features:
https://ninslash.com/new_turrets.png

Siile wrote:

Yesterday while testing some new features I noticed a player hosting a Teeworlds city mod in Ninslash. Too tight spots for player to pass, and bots had no idea what to do or how to move, but fun experiment never the less. smile

And regarding those new upcoming features:
https://ninslash.com/new_turrets.png

That looks like a lot like Nodes (that's a good thing!) Keep up the good work

burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

wappsify wrote:

Thanks! The turret graphics are from nodes, and I'm trying to include some of it's best part to Ninslash.

Instead of just dropping down full turrets, I've taken a bit different route. Players can collect construction kits (mostly as loot from NPC monsters) and build them from parts. Turret will need a base / bottom part and a stand / main frame (2 construction kits). After that you can just drop / put your weapon to turret, and it's done. Not yet sure if I should put some ammo limit and refill system, or just give them infinite ammo with low fire rate for simplicity.

Some of the building parts / starts will be shared between different buildings, so you can ruin your teammate's epic plan by completing his construction to be something else that he had in mind. smile

game mode infection I liked
I would like to see a game mode Defence smile

YouTube channel -  http://www.youtube.com/c/TeeworldsnoFuny
Fun, Fun, Fun,Fun - more Fun big_smile
Rus Kanal Pe69ITki smile

Defense a but like CSTT back then? +1

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

Siile wrote:
wappsify wrote:

Thanks! The turret graphics are from nodes, and I'm trying to include some of it's best part to Ninslash.

Instead of just dropping down full turrets, I've taken a bit different route. Players can collect construction kits (mostly as loot from NPC monsters) and build them from parts. Turret will need a base / bottom part and a stand / main frame (2 construction kits). After that you can just drop / put your weapon to turret, and it's done. Not yet sure if I should put some ammo limit and refill system, or just give them infinite ammo with low fire rate for simplicity.

Some of the building parts / starts will be shared between different buildings, so you can ruin your teammate's epic plan by completing his construction to be something else that he had in mind. smile

This sounds cool! If you decide to go with a ammo limit and refill system You could make an ammo drop just for turrets. that way your not using your ammo and no matter what you can refill any turret. You should have an ammo bar above the turret so that people know when it is about to become empty. Not sure who should be able to see this. Just the person who set it up, their team, or everyone. But when turrets don't have any ammo they should slowly lower their weapon as though they are deactivating and waiting to be refilled. that way the players know that it has no ammo and needs to be refilled.

also I don't know if you got my message the last time we talked(everyone just kinda left the game). When your player has  caught fire from a flamethrower or any other way you can catch fire. The fire should be extinguished if they player roles on the ground from falling from high.

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live with him.

Check out my DeviantArt for all my TeeWorlds art and ideas for Teeoworlds

47 (edited by Siile 2016-08-25 12:50:00)

android272 wrote:

If you decide to go with a ammo limit and refill system...

I finished the shooting part of turrets yesterday, and they're way too OP without ammo limit. There are couple of ways to do the ammo filling, I'll try out which works best. Health & ammo bars are a must.

android272 wrote:

The fire should be extinguished if they player roles on the ground from falling from high.

I got your message and adjusted the fire a bit. Rolling burns the flame faster, but doesn't extinguish it instantly.

The best turret was missing from previous pic:
https://ninslash.com/chainsaw.png

2_Ta6LeTki_LSD wrote:

I would like to see a game mode Defence smile

Schwertspize wrote:

Defense a but like CSTT back then? +1

That's the direction I'm heading to, but I need to finish many other features before making the defence mode. Full circle

48 (edited by Siile 2016-08-30 20:44:22)

-Turrets and countless small improvements

Turret demo (youtube)

You can now build by collecting kits (tool boxes) from map. Use wrench and weapon selector (default key e), build turret stands and drop your weapon to stand to make a working killing machine. I'll add more enjoyable GUI for crafting / building in next versions. CTF has some critical bugs when carrying flag and changing team, I'll fix them soon, but in the mean while try DM & Infection.

Infection still best with server setting sv_preferredteamsize 15. Map grinder3 has some kits for building.

Download (win & unix, Dropbox)

Try Ninslash, have fun and tell me what you think! smile

Testing new tiles, far from perfect. hmm

https://ninslash.com/factory.png

Anyone wanna help me with coding? I could use good looking liquid (poison & lava pools) and modular map generation (combining two or more small maps into a single map).

Since Ninslash requires shaders anyway, I guess something like this should work, it could be slow though.