51

Re: [TeeUniverse] Devlog

necropotame wrote:

Small question: why do you use shadow layer ? Is it different to just merge both ?

that is how the skins are constructed. Take a look at these two tees.  The one one the left is Teeish and has a common cartoon style and the one on the left has the shadows merged.  If you keep the two separated you get a nice outline surrounding the the tee.  You could get rid of the shadow all together and just have a thin line but this would not be to the tee style or cartoonish.  It just looks better when merged.

http://s17.postimg.org/fw3sr05xr/path5309.png

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live with him.

Check out my DeviantArt for all my TeeWorlds art and ideas for Teeoworlds

52

Re: [TeeUniverse] Devlog

Ok, I see the application for line styles. So if ModAPI implements a multilayer system for lines, hook could be more teeish than in vanilla ? big_smile

53

Re: [TeeUniverse] Devlog

Are you intrested in LUA support? For example for triggering scripts on tile imtersection.

Real programmers don't comment their code - it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
Proudly verkeckt since 2010.

54

Re: [TeeUniverse] Devlog

Why not AngelScript?

55

Re: [TeeUniverse] Devlog

MidAPI is more about protocol. So it's not needed I think. Trigger must be, usually, only on server side. It could be interesting for mapping, but still only interpreted sever side.

56

Re: [TeeUniverse] Devlog

necropotame wrote:

Ok, I see the application for line styles. So if ModAPI implements a multilayer system for lines, hook could be more teeish than in vanilla ? big_smile

precisely smile

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live with him.

Check out my DeviantArt for all my TeeWorlds art and ideas for Teeoworlds

57

Re: [TeeUniverse] Devlog

If you could fill issues with things todo in github I will be glad to do some pullrequests and help you develope.

Real programmers don't comment their code - it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
Proudly verkeckt since 2010.

58

Re: [TeeUniverse] Devlog

xush wrote:

If you could fill issues with things todo in github I will be glad to do some pullrequests and help you develope.

It would be perfect if you can help me smile I will add issues on GitHub. You can start with this one if you want.

59

Re: [TeeUniverse] Devlog

I am in italy right now, will be back on friday to help wink

Real programmers don't comment their code - it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
Proudly verkeckt since 2010.

60

Re: [TeeUniverse] Devlog

Small news about linestyle : It's now possible to change the color of the "laser" and attach sprites to end points. All of these parameters are defined once for a while in CreateMod, and then, only one ID is needed to display the line with its end points.

http://s29.postimg.org/6ygbr6giv/modapi_barrier.png

I don't show what is the result in 0.7 because it's simply a laser in this case.

61 (edited by Henningstone 2015-12-29 15:38:56)

Re: [TeeUniverse] Devlog

Looks pretty good!

For everyone how cares: There is a irc channel set up on quakenet: irc.quakenet.org#modapi (» join webchat)

62

Re: [TeeUniverse] Devlog

unsigned char* wrote:

Why not AngelScript?

I am currently working on a Lua - Implementation for Teeworlds for a new mod I am making (LuaJIT + LuaBridge)...

As far as I know LuaJIT is faster than AngelScript and I didn't found any good working AngelScript JIT-Compiler.

Also I think that Lua will be easier for people who can't program that good and just want to try smaller things.

Greetings,
FuroS


P.S. : My Lua-Implementation is not 100% bug-free for now and I still work on it but I could contribute it to you guys.

"Panos."
               -FuroS

63 (edited by lamefun 2015-12-30 13:01:41)

Re: [TeeUniverse] Devlog

https://support.citrixonline.com/resource/1440824233000/CPStaticContent/images/Thumbs_up.gif

Better late than never.

REMEMBER TO FIX BUGS!!!

64

Re: [TeeUniverse] Devlog

I think it would be cool if Teeworlds were *like* Minecraft(don't say Teeworlds is nothing like Minecraft because it is open and Minecraft is not). Where you could load up many different mods put it on a server or put a bunch of client mods together what ever.  One problem I see that people will quickly run into is the entity system.  full disclose I don't exactly know how the entity system works.  In vanilla there are 256 available and only 13 tiles are used and it is kinda strange that most of them are at the bottom of the page.  I don't know if any of the other entities do anything or if they are just there in case the devs need to make another entity.

anyway I think it would be much better if a modder could make their own entity pervade an image for the map editor and then when you load up the mod and go to the entity page in the map editor all the entity images would load alphabetically.  I hope this makes since...

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live with him.

Check out my DeviantArt for all my TeeWorlds art and ideas for Teeoworlds

65 (edited by xush 2015-12-30 21:06:48)

Re: [TeeUniverse] Devlog

Quick note: The symbols you said are "on the bottom" are the actual entities (objects that in fact spawn ingame), the symbols at the top are tiles (regions that can trigger events if an entity hits that part of the map, and yes, tees are entities too wink).
Just to explain why "the most entities are on the bottom". smile

But I agree, even if I still don't like the compairsion to minecraft.

Real programmers don't comment their code - it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
Proudly verkeckt since 2010.

66

Re: [TeeUniverse] Devlog

I can see someone making a mod of only new guns and then a different modder could make a zombie mod or something and use the more guns mod for their guns.  If you were to add a bunch of modes then you would run out of entities

xush wrote:

Quick note: The symbols you said are "on the bottom" are the actual entities (objects that in fact spawn ingame), the symbols at the top are tiles (regions that can trigger events if an entity hits that part of the map, and yes, tees are entities too wink).
Just to explain why "the most entities are on the bottom". smile

But I agree, even if I still don't like the compairsion to minecraft.

Sounds like these two need to be separated some how.  How would you distinguish between the two once the sheet fills up? also can you stack entities?  I don't remember where you would want two entities on top of each other in the same tile.

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live with him.

Check out my DeviantArt for all my TeeWorlds art and ideas for Teeoworlds

67

Re: [TeeUniverse] Devlog

android272 wrote:

Sounds like these two need to be separated some how.  How would you distinguish between the two once the sheet fills up? also can you stack entities?  I don't remember where you would want two entities on top of each other in the same tile.

To disinguish: The actual entities have this silver-like background
About stacking: With different maplayers, yes. (Like DDNet...)

68

Re: [TeeUniverse] Devlog

Henningstone wrote:

To disinguish: The actual entities have this silver-like background

Ok that makes since.

Henningstone wrote:

About stacking: With different maplayers, yes. (Like DDNet...)

Ok I thought they could only be placed on the game layer.

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live with him.

Check out my DeviantArt for all my TeeWorlds art and ideas for Teeoworlds

69 (edited by xush 2015-12-30 22:17:37)

Re: [TeeUniverse] Devlog

As far as I know you can have multiple game layers.

Real programmers don't comment their code - it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
Proudly verkeckt since 2010.

70 (edited by necropotame 2015-12-30 23:40:55)

Re: [TeeUniverse] Devlog

We can add a MapItem in maps called "ModLayer". Then, a map can embed several ModLayers. A ModLayer should be similar to the game layer, but with a different tileset.
But ModAPI must implement an editor for that.

Small DevLog:
I've started the implementation of custom weapons, Henningstone continue to integrate NetGUI and killa fix a lot of bugs.

71

Re: [TeeUniverse] Devlog

necropotame wrote:

We can add a MapItem in maps called "ModLayer". Then, a map can embed several ModLayers. A ModLayer should be similar to the game layer, but with a different tileset.
But ModAPI must implement an editor for that.

This would be kinda weird and I am wondering how vanilla would handle this? would it just not know about this layer? I think the current entity system would need to change in order to for this to work. Maybe not, I don't know. Any word from the devs?

necropotame wrote:

Small DevLog:
I've started the implementation of custom weapons, Henningstone continue to integrate NetGUI and killa fix a lot of bugs.

I think the first thing that would need to be done with the gun system is to mimic all the current guns exactly. then make it so that you can make small variations. Example fire rate, reload speed, magazine size etc.  basically make the functionality of the pistol, then add some modifications so that it would fire like an oozy, AK, AR15.  You could come up with some awesome weapons with just the current functionality.  If you were to change the grenade launcher to that it does not explode on impact but 5 seconds after it had been shot, you could then make it so that it reflects like the beam rifle.  This would give it the appearance of the grenade bouncing.

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live with him.

Check out my DeviantArt for all my TeeWorlds art and ideas for Teeoworlds

72 (edited by necropotame 2015-12-31 10:25:40)

Re: [TeeUniverse] Devlog

android272 wrote:

This would be kinda weird and I am wondering how vanilla would handle this? would it just not know about this layer? I think the current entity system would need to change in order to for this to work. Maybe not, I don't know. Any word from the devs?

A map in made of several MapItem (map version, images, layer, group, ...), each type identified by an ID. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems that the vanilla client never check if all MapItems are known. Instead, the client just search for the MapItem that he want to read. So basicly, we can put anything inside. The ModLayer will be a way to associate any information to any tile without poluate the GameLayer. We can also add EntityQuads to make "DeathQuads" for example.

android272 wrote:

I think the first thing that would need to be done with the gun system is to mimic all the current guns exactly. then make it so that you can make small variations. Example fire rate, reload speed, magazine size etc.  basically make the functionality of the pistol, then add some modifications so that it would fire like an oozy, AK, AR15.  You could come up with some awesome weapons with just the current functionality.  If you were to change the grenade launcher to that it does not explode on impact but 5 seconds after it had been shot, you could then make it so that it reflects like the beam rifle.  This would give it the appearance of the grenade bouncing.

That's exactly what I'm doing wink I want the new system much more generic, but also able to mimic exactly the vanilla behaviour.

73

Re: [TeeUniverse] Devlog

necropotame wrote:
android272 wrote:

This would be kinda weird and I am wondering how vanilla would handle this? would it just not know about this layer? I think the current entity system would need to change in order to for this to work. Maybe not, I don't know. Any word from the devs?

A map in made of several MapItem (map version, images, layer, group, ...), each type identified by an ID. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems that the vanilla client never check if all MapItems are known. Instead, the client just search for the MapItem that he want to read. So basicly, we can put anything inside. The ModLayer will be a way to associate any information to any tile without poluate the GameLayer. Why can also add EntityQuads to make "DeathQuads" for example.irc.quakenet.org

android272 wrote:

I think the first thing that would need to be done with the gun system is to mimic all the current guns exactly. then make it so that you can make small variations. Example fire rate, reload speed, magazine size etc.  basically make the functionality of the pistol, then add some modifications so that it would fire like an oozy, AK, AR15.  You could come up with some awesome weapons with just the current functionality.  If you were to change the grenade launcher to that it does not explode on impact but 5 seconds after it had been shot, you could then make it so that it reflects like the beam rifle.  This would give it the appearance of the grenade bouncing.

That's exactly what I'm doing wink I want the new system much more generic, but also able to mimic exactly the vanilla behaviour.


Sweet smile

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live with him.

Check out my DeviantArt for all my TeeWorlds art and ideas for Teeoworlds

74 (edited by necropotame 2016-01-03 11:57:07)

Re: [TeeUniverse] Devlog

Devlog:
killa implemented the NetObject SpriteCharacter. It's very similar to Sprite, but the position is relative to a character. So you can now "attach" a sprite to a character correctly. No more floating object with a delay ;-)

75

Re: [TeeUniverse] Devlog

necropotame wrote:

So you can now "attach" a sprite to a character correctly.

So it's like an antiping feature big_smile

Orange is my faver color.
Orange and tangerine is my faver fruit.
I never get stuff done, just coz I'm lazy.