Re: Revamp Flag

Landil wrote:

Besides, in the vid the feet are moving while flying ... I like this approach, too. Was this modification discussed to get official?

The issue I'm thinking to is that the feet are animated to move on an horizontal surface, so it would look weird if they did the same thing while in the air.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:
Landil wrote:

Besides, in the vid the feet are moving while flying ... I like this approach, too. Was this modification discussed to get official?

The issue I'm thinking to is that the feet are animated to move on an horizontal surface, so it would look weird if they did the same thing while in the air.

I also mirrored the walking animation. tongue

Here's a version with slower flag animation. Also shows the feet movement better.

https://youtu.be/nrHv5cVZFxs

Dont mind the shader.

28 (edited by Zatline 2015-07-16 19:24:40)

The flag waving looks much better but wtf happened to the world? lol

Yeah, the animation looks much more teeish now that it is slower!

Also, did you make more of these awesome shaders? lol
This looks so nice! As the world is already curved, you HAVE to add a retro scan line shader! tongue

Loving TW since 2010 smile

Landil wrote:

I like the idea very much. Especially the animation in the vid looks very promising.
But it is true that the animation speed of the wind is far too fast, besides the shadows are not corresponding to the teestyle. The flag shadows are very curvy and so should the shadow of the other frames, too.

So I tryied to make the shadows look more like everything else in TeeWorlds but it did not look right.  I don't think that the TeeWorlds shadow can be achieved and look like it is waving...

after reading your respond again do you mean that the shadow on the Tee and the shadow on the flag do not mach?

Siile wrote:
Landil wrote:

I like the idea very much. Especially the animation in the vid looks very promising.
But it is true that the animation speed of the wind is far too fast, besides the shadows are not corresponding to the teestyle. The flag shadows are very curvy and so should the shadow of the other frames, too.

The vanilla client has no supportive structures for making client side physics / animations (that I'm aware of & that are easily accessible) so I had to settle to not so neat fixes. You'll see what I mean if you have a look at my items.h on github.

android272, if you want to test the modified animation, you can just download goreworlds and replace data\flag.png with a new one. Mind the formatting.

I run Ubuntu/Linux Is there a linux client? I only see a win32. I guess I can load it on my moms laptop and play around with it.

Siile wrote:
Dune wrote:
Landil wrote:

I also mirrored the walking animation. tongue

Here's a version with slower flag animation. Also shows the feet movement better.

https://youtu.be/nrHv5cVZFxs

Dont mind the shader.

whats wrong with the feet?

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live with him.

Check out my DeviantArt for all my TeeWorlds art and ideas for Teeoworlds

I just updated the flags and the source files. I think this looks a lot better.  Thank you Siile for providing your Goreworlds mod. I did not know I could already grab this mod and play it. I really like the things in this mod.

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live with him.

32 (edited by android272 2015-07-18 01:52:12)

Siile here are some things I was thinking about while playing your mod again.

Siile wrote:

All for the sake of ADHD-aiming. tongue

The flag actually has no idea what the tee does. Everything you see going on with the flag (animation) is based on position - previous position.

could you not use what ever system that tells the guns to flip in order to tell which way the Tee is looking?  If the payer is look left but moving right they are moving backwards. there for only show the first frame.

second when the Tee turns around the flag should show the third frame and then fold down if they do not move or continue through the animation if they do.

Third when a Tee stops the flag lags for a bit and does not fall to the ground.

Fourth it would be neat if the flag would animate through the first three frames when it is on the ground anarchically as if the wind is blowing it.

I updated the look of the flag.  I added two more frames for when the flag is falling... They don't look great right now as I can't figure out the way I want to shad them.. what do you think? does this new style look good? is it Teeish?

Wow, the shading looks really impressive when the flag is hanging down! Nice work! smile

Loving TW since 2010 smile

35 (edited by android272 2015-08-28 17:50:05)

I noticed something the other day while playing CTF.  I was carrying the flag when someone killed me.  when I died the flag doped to the ground for someone to pick it back up.  As the flag is now it is a static image I was watching it fall and thought it would look really good if the flag swooped up as it fell and then again when it hit the ground. 

I still have to modify the flag as it flips up. I don't quite like how it looks just yet. If anyone can give me a suggestion on making this more teeish, it would be greatly appreciated.

Flag falling