Re: Yet another bot in teeworlds

Played a match with other human players on ctf3 against a team of your bots.

Got rekt.

Loving TW since 2010 smile

27 (edited by kaddy 2015-06-24 09:49:23)

Hi!
Very nice bot smile I've checked it in duel vs my last bot (unfinished yet too), and my one wins (current score: 144:100) smile But my bot still cannot use hammer properly (i'm trying to improve movements, not shooting), and cannot properly move on large maps with holes like ctf5 (because i'm not using waypoints).
Demo: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzwisF … sp=sharing
If you want, PM or Skype me (skype: ertaquo) and i'll give you last stable sources smile

I would love to see something like this http://eis.ucsc.edu/StarCraftAICompetition in teeworlds.
Sadly I doubt the community is big enough to create enough different bots to make a competition worthwhile.

burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Teeworlds has too little strategy for it to be as interesting as Starcraft bots imo. This is not just a matter of community size.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Ahaha, i though the same thing smile
About the waypoints, there are computed from the map, there are not hardcoded.

I think your bot wins because mine does not care of its life, take only weapon randomly and don't know how to use grenade. (and some other points) It would be more obvious if your bot ran with the same ping also (100 vs 20 iirc)

The development was stopped few weeks ago for irl but i have plenty of free time now big_smile

Update:
I added econ for the bot using server econ. This may be used to control bots presence with telnet and thus change the number of bots with a script such as teebot smile
That's not the case atm but i may configure it on my server.

Pretty well done, rand()!
Is it possible to make a service where a server admin can request bots to join his server? For example, a server admin would fill a request by entering the IP and the port of his server in some webpage. If the server name contains a word like "allow_bot()", then the bot knows it's ok to join. If it doesn't, then the bot ignores the request assuming it is not issued by the server admin.

Meuhmeuhmeuh xD

33 (edited by rand() 2015-06-29 09:17:50)

For this kind of use, i prefer that server admins contact me by pm/mail since i'm resource limited so i can't spawn as bots as i want.
But, since i will write a script to managed my bots on my servers, i may make another script to mix your idea and mine in order to control my bots spawn and make it easy.

Edit: if a server allow bots, some evil mind will ask for several bot() without the server admin permission.

Is source of this bot available? I need it for legitimate reasons.

http://i.imgur.com/jj9oLizl.png

Hm, I will not release the source unless tw community/devs agree with this.
But if you want to use the source to make some thing similar and more suited to your goal, I can send you the code.

Yes please, send sources to x.pelya.x@gmail.com
I would rather like to have sources published somewhere like Github, but if it's impossible I can live with that, and I will not distribute your sources to anyone else.
However, the compiled bot client will be public, because I'll bundle it with Android TW release, and it's trivial to extract the bot executable and launch it from Android emulator. The only thing I can do is hardcode IP address to 127.0.0.1, this can be bypassed with hex editor, but at least it's not that trivial.

You already can download TeeWorlds aimbot client from random haxx0r sites, so I don't see much point in keeping it closed-source, but other people will disagree.

I think making serverside-style (implemented via your headless client) OpenFNG bots would be awesome. The thing about these bots being used by "hackers" is that they'd get banned quite quickly via vote, and where they're prevalent (public vanilla/whatever servers) kick ban votes are enabled, so it should really not be an issue. it's also quite detectable compared to aimbots, for example, so it should be fine. Also imagine the FPS lag on a mid-range PC with these advanced bots? Hella not worth it in the long run, other bot clients are better for their purposes.

On the subject of asking for bot() to join the server, you could make it so if in the title it has "bot() join" then it would allow itself to join, otherwise it wouldnt let itself go on.. and only admins/mods could set the title to allow it

Clan: Riot (I'm one of three leaders: Mile, Deku, pie)
Host teeworlds maps on a fng/ctf/dm/ddrace server for testing:http://riotproductions.tk/teewo/ broken-need reinstall nginx http://riotproductions.tk/bounce?whatEven, Teeworlds NA Discord chat

38 (edited by android272 2015-07-26 07:46:02)

What do you think about adding a special bot skin? It could be just like the x_ninja skin. Just add your custom x_bot skin.

Here is a bit skin I found on Google.
bot-skin

If for whatever reason that seems like a bad idea to point out which players are bots you could have the default x_ninja skin look like the default tee skin. That way if I want to change the skin to know which players are bots I can.

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live with him.

Check out my DeviantArt for all my TeeWorlds art and ideas for Teeoworlds

I don't remember if this has been said or if you bot does this. But could you add an accuracy rate parameter?  I think I was playing with an illegal bot last night.  The thing that sucks about bots is how accurate they are and how fast they fire.  Your going to die in a second with a bot.  But with humans we have to adjust our aim and then when we think we will hit our target we will pull the trigger... some times.. others we just blind rapid fire hoping we his anything.

I think it would make the bot better and suck less if its accuracy rate and fire rate varied.

like pelya showed above  "Mr. Death" could be very accurate and use rapid fire while Harmless bots will miss all the time and won't fire as rapid.

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live with him.

rand() sent me bot sources and I've already added it to Android version (limited to local server only to prevent misuse by hax0rz), and I've also added a 'bot skill' parameter, which will force bot to aim poorly and fire less often. I've sent my source modifications back, of course. The bot will still hook you up and maul with a hammer, this is annoying and effective in killing you, I'll probably make the bot do that less often based on the skill level.

Since i m trying to play with learning AI from scratch (since i know nothing like john snow) + holidays, i didn't work as much as i though i would. Currently I m wondering if i'll push all this on github.

Dont.

Real programmers don't comment their code - it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
Proudly verkeckt since 2010.

43 (edited by rand() 2015-08-21 15:54:28)

To be short, why ? tongue

He probably dose not want your code to get in the hands of those who would use it to cheat. Bots are a big problem in TeeWorlds it makes it not fun when someone is using a bot.  I personally don't understand why people pay if they are going to turn a bot on that will shoot for them and kill anyone who gets in there way.

I think that you should post it on github. allow others to help with development.  Have you talked to the devs about implimenting this into vanilla Teeworlds?  I think it would help the game to have an official AI that could be use as bots or bad guys in story mode(yes story mode is a good idea and would be fun).  I hate when I get on TeeWorlds only to see a few rooms that only have 3,2,1 players playing.

45 (edited by Siile 2015-08-21 22:02:14)

android272 wrote:

I think it would help the game to have an official AI that could be use as ... I hate when I get on TeeWorlds only to see a few rooms that only have 3,2,1 players playing.

Server side bot framework and scripting interface (Lua?) for different AI types is / would be cool. I don't use Lua yet.

But my hook moving is still far from rand()'s.

Coding aim bot and auto player hook from scratch is almost as easy as implementing one from someone's code (without help / tutorial). Other features wouldn't give you so obvious advantage over other non-perfect players. tongue

Siile wrote:
android272 wrote:

I think it would help the game to have an official AI that could be use as ... I hate when I get on TeeWorlds only to see a few rooms that only have 3,2,1 players playing.

Server side bot framework and scripting interface (Lua?) for different AI types is / would be cool. I don't use Lua yet.

But my hook moving is still far from rand()'s.

Coding aim bot and auto player hook from scratch is almost as easy as implementing one from someone's code (without help / tutorial). Other features wouldn't give you so obvious advantage over other non-perfect players. tongue

If it is easy to make an aim bot whether or not you post your code then I would say definitely post your code on Github.  This way a server side AI is on the web. maybe someone with more time could take it and make it better and more configurable to everyone's needs.

again I would really like to see aim bots that auto join/leave matches depending on the players in the room be added to vanilla TeeWorlds.  I think it would be great addition to the game and would make me play more.  I always see rooms with very little players playing.

plus I would really like to see a story mode to TeeWorlds and an AI is needed to make that happen.

android272 wrote:

again I would really like to see aim bots that auto join/leave matches depending on the players in the room be added to vanilla TeeWorlds.  I think it would be great addition to the game and would make me play more.  I always see rooms with very little players playing.

Go have a look on Counter-Strike: Tee Time server. The auto balancing is bad but bots worth trying out.

Siile wrote:
android272 wrote:

Go have a look on Counter-Strike: Tee Time server. The auto balancing is bad but bots worth trying out.

what do you mean auto balancing is bad?

Ok, some update.
I m working on automanaging teebots for the two features you suggest on this post :
- Join/Leave according to real player number : ex there is 4 bots max on the server, bots leave when nobody is connected and join when one player joins, bots leave one by one to let humans play when there is more than 9 clients (bots+human)
- web service with 16 bots to borrow bots (with a check, [allow_bot] in the name of the service)

Then, i have to clean the bot source and comment it (at least basic comments) before pushing it on github.

Rand , this bot is very cool, played vs him 1v1 ( he lost tongue ) . If you want to upload it to webs, i dont think you should upload it as source, because with source it can be easily changed into client and BAM, players are bots.