Re: [MOD]SoloFNG & BoloFNG!!

The old one did not work for me. But i read an instruction now and compiled the source:
http://www11.zippyshare.com/v/60914840/file.html
64Bit Linux

27 (edited by Broken 2013-10-29 23:11:55)

Hey freddie think you could add laser-boost jumps code from TW+ or zcatch

TsFreddie wrote:

Feature:
Old school feature like ticking sound, full-auto hammer, live animation when unfreezing.
Support OpenFNG and BoomFNG
And the most important: make OpenFNG and BoomFNG be played without team![SoloFNG & BoloFNG]

My One and Only Concern....
No Thunderbird. yikes

Italic text

I talked with Freddie about it. It's a bit hard to get an accurate Thunderbird without the original code.

30 (edited by IcyPRO 2014-02-24 21:48:31)

Hello once again after long, long time.
I've no idea if this topic is still alive... (edit: it's not)

~ ~ ~
Because the creator of this mod isn't paying any more attention to this thread, could I please ask anyone who has experiences with modding to step in and help add/fix few little things?

FIXES:
- Disable unfreezing right before someone falls on death tiles.
(When someone dies to death tiles while being frozen it unfreezes him right before dying)
- Disable double jump for 0.1 seconds right when player melts.
(When there is no delay, players can jump incredibly high when combined with "little hop" command)

ADDITIONS:
- Option to disable info in top-right corner, as like - freezing, - melting and - sacraficing
- Command to enable/disable team damage with hammer

Also one of the main issues would be to name this mod more clearly, I would suggest one of these two as it contains more then just one mod and it contains additions to it.

FNG+
OpenFNG+

It would be cool if someone would keep working on this mod and bring it to even more complete version and maybe create a new thread (or rename this one). Please help if you can...

Thank yuuu! ^^

31 (edited by fisted 2015-01-18 19:24:39)

Hi,

I'm afraid here's some bad news concerning your upstream.
A few years ago I've messed up my openfng branch (on github) pretty badly; then "fixed" it in a ham-fisted way (the result of which is the openfng_fixed_0_6 branch, which I guess is what {solo,bolo}fng is based on).
This branch (actually both, openfng and openfng_fixed_0_6) resisted any attempts to get them (git history and integrity-wise) into good working order again without having to re-write history...which is what I ended up having to do.

As a result, the openfng_fixed_0_6 branch is gone (i still have it locally, if you *need* it I'll push it again), and the "openfng" branch is where new development happens, but history-wise it's got no relation to the old "openfng" branch whatsoever.

This likely means a lot of pain for whoever is maintaining the solo/bolofng forks (if any), which I'm sorry for.
If the maintainer needs information or help with migrating their fork to be based on the new branch, let me know.

If Solo/BoloFNG is in fact unmaintained by now, there's some good news still: I'm now back to maintaining OpenFNG and have decided to add a couple long-requested 0.5-ish features, which are autohammer (being disabled by default though), and the "ticking" (the latter being enabled by default). Also a couple other things, more information will follow in the OpenFNG thread soon.

fstd

He added those already fisted plus i think he worked off the correct branch

@Broken in the last 3 years there has been no "correct branch", now there's one, but it has its history rewritten, so as far as git is concerned, it's a completely different thing.  Commit-wise, it's near-identical, but not completely, either.
And yeah, I'm aware of that those features exist in Solo/BoloFNG, that is why I mentioned they've also been implemented in OpenFNG

fisted wrote:

Hi,

I'm afraid here's some bad news concerning your upstream.
A few years ago I've messed up my openfng branch (on github) pretty badly; then "fixed" it in a ham-fisted way (the result of which is the openfng_fixed_0_6 branch, which I guess is what {solo,bolo}fng is based on).
This branch (actually both, openfng and openfng_fixed_0_6) resisted any attempts to get them (git history and integrity-wise) into good working order again without having to re-write history...which is what I ended up having to do.

As a result, the openfng_fixed_0_6 branch is gone (i still have it locally, if you *need* it I'll push it again), and the "openfng" branch is where new development happens, but history-wise it's got no relation to the old "openfng" branch whatsoever.

This likely means a lot of pain for whoever is maintaining the solo/bolofng forks (if any), which I'm sorry for.
If the maintainer needs information or help with migrating their fork to be based on the new branch, let me know.

If Solo/BoloFNG is in fact unmaintained by now, there's some good news still: I'm now back to maintaining OpenFNG and have decided to add a couple long-requested 0.5-ish features, which are autohammer (being disabled by default though), and the "ticking" (the latter being enabled by default). Also a couple other things, more information will follow in the OpenFNG thread soon.

fstd

Glad to hear that. I am just to busy to maintain the solo/bolo fork. I may try to rewrite this mod *IF* I have time and ambitions. For now, I may just leave it as it.

Greet from China!
Teeworlds Chinese Website