Re: [TUTORIAL] Dedicated server (win32)

ok i red the guid so can i ask why my server is only in lan and not in the internet thing?
my config file has the sv_register 1 in it but it keeps saying "WARNING: Master server is not responding, switching master server" and it keeps switching and saying the same at each master server...
help please? i wanna be able to have an actual online server so i can play with some friends without them being in my house when playing >.<

ShadowBrain wrote:

ok i red the guid so can i ask why my server is only in lan and not in the internet thing?
my config file has the sv_register 1 in it but it keeps saying "WARNING: Master server is not responding, switching master server" and it keeps switching and saying the same at each master server...
help please? i wanna be able to have an actual online server so i can play with some friends without them being in my house when playing >.<

Unblock teeworlds_srv.exe on your FireWall..

Core2Quad QX9650 12MB 4x3,00GHz - Razer Lachesis - Corsair 8 GB XMS2 DDRII PC6400 RAM DualChannel - Nvidia GeForce 9800GX2 1GB PCI-E - Windows Vista Ultimate EN 64-bit

thats not the problem... i even shut off my fire wall for a few mins, it still says that same warning...

Have you opened the port in your router?

http://portforward.com

ShadowBrain wrote:

thats not the problem... i even shut off my fire wall for a few mins, it still says that same warning...

:s - You have some Anti-Virus with some internet-protecting?

Core2Quad QX9650 12MB 4x3,00GHz - Razer Lachesis - Corsair 8 GB XMS2 DDRII PC6400 RAM DualChannel - Nvidia GeForce 9800GX2 1GB PCI-E - Windows Vista Ultimate EN 64-bit

@somerunce, duh, it didnt say: configure you nat/router to let through port 8303 so thats not it.

@pvpede, well i have norton anivirus thingie, it has internet protection...

ShadowBrain wrote:

@somerunce, duh, it didnt say: configure you nat/router to let through port 8303 so thats not it.

@pvpede, well i have norton anivirus thingie, it has internet protection...

Come on, you're gonna forward ports. It's just common sense.

wait what?
i already forwarded the port, no problems with that, the masterserver just aint responding >.<

ShadowBrain wrote:

wait what?
i already forwarded the port, no problems with that, the masterserver just aint responding >.<

Oh. I misunderstood the sentence smile

If you have a internet-protection, then try find some stuff called "Exceptions" - and add the TEEWORLDS_SRV.EXE .

i've done everything, nothing is working.
i even added the master servers as trusted networks, still doesnt work, wtf is up with that shit?

ShadowBrain wrote:

i've done everything, nothing is working.
i even added the master servers as trusted networks, still doesnt work, wtf is up with that shit?

Maybe it's your ISP (Internet Service Provider) that doesn't allow you to host servers?

dunno... cant really check i guess XD

You can call 'em ..

i have prop wen i am adding that thing to the shortcut it says:
name "C:\Documents and Settings\Dane\Skrivebord\Andet\teeworlds\teeworlds-0.4.1-win32\teeworlds_srv.exe -f teewars.cfg" there is typed in the box "target", is not valid. control, that the way and the filename is correct.

(i have translated it from danish, so maybe its not whole right spelled)

40 (edited by Mat 2008-04-15 12:46:32)

there is 2 boxes where u have to write RIGHT folder ("target" and "strat in")

why do u use 0.4.1?
0.4.2 is available already.

hm.. say me plz how start 2 servers? when i start server with other cfg file, first server restart... but i saw that other people have 2 or more servers...

sorry for my bad English smile

***connect 90.157.87.109:8303*** - Best CTF maps, much rush and meat!!!

My problem is... I don't even HAVE a cfg file. Can anyone direct me to it? I think I can go from there.

One of mine:
http://www.pvpede.be/teewars.cfg

right place to ask?
is any way to control server remote?
i have server started on VDS and i want to control it from my local machine(i.e. kick players, etc)
and how i can get statistic?

Kicking:
http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1008

Stats:
http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1124

46 (edited by Doc-Tee 2008-04-27 00:42:25)

it would be easier to show but i dont know how, so here it goes, i followed your guide and heres my .cfg:

sv_name Apple-Time
sv_warmup 10
sv_motd welcome to my server      Doc Tee
sv_teamdamage 0
sv_map paradise
sv_maprotation ctf1 ctf2 paradise
sv_powerups 1
sv_scorelimit 0
sv_timelimit 0
sv_gametype ctf
sv_tournament mode 0
sv_port 8303
sv_external_port 8303
sv_max_clients 12
sv_high_bandwidth 0
sv_register 1
sv_rcon_password

i didnt know what to put for password and please tell me if anything is wrong cause when i click the icon for my server some parts it tells me: server name: 'unamed server' when i put a name already, failed to open "C:\documents and settings\**********(my name)\application data/teeworlds/autoexec.cfg" and i dont know what that means, and it says its Death Match when i wanted ctf, also something weird: arch is a little endian ??????? i also loads the wrong map, but in the end it says no firewall/nat problems detected and says server registered but its all wrong and i dont even know which one is mine, anyhelp?

EDIT1:i know what rcon password is for,just decided to not show it right now

i dont read all these answers, but is it so difficult to make a server, i just need 10 minutes and the doc file "Setting up a server"

Now I will copy this link and give it to everybody who get on my nervs by asking, how to make a server.

TDM Rotation 24/7 - 81.4.101.88:8303   List all 3 Servers without typing the IP by searching for rota in-game at the Serverlist
CTF  Rotation 24/7 - 81.4.101.88:8304
DM    Rotation 24/7 - 81.4.101.88:8305     Rotation-Server Forum Thread

"i dont read all these answers, but is it so difficult to make a server, i just need 10 minutes and the doc file "Setting up a server""

WHAT YOU SAY???

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

I´ve got problem. I create .cfg file. But when I run the teeworlds_srv.exe program will "ignore" the .cfg. Alwas write: server name unnamed server, map DM1. Can you help me?

When I click properties on the shortcut, the target says (with the quotation marks) "C:\Documents and Settings\*****\Desktop\****\teeworlds-0.4.2-win32\teeworlds_srv.exe", where do I add -f teewars.cfg? How? with a space/after the quotation marks?

Thanks