1 (edited by Kottizen 2010-05-24 20:45:44)

Topic: [MOD] Vanilla+

Hello!

Got inspired by the *-modification, and I made my own. This modification does not change anything on the gameplay, it just secures the server.

Prevents crashes
It has protection against three known bugs that can crash the server. The standard 0.5.2 is only protected against two of them. The third bug is abused a lot nowdays, so it's good to be protected against it.

Secure rcon
There is a feature that bans a player if he enters wrong rcon password a defined amount of times.

Use telnet to control the server
If you want, you can use telnet to connect to your server and control it. That's useful if you get banned from it by some votekickers. You must telnet from the same computer as the server is running on. To login, type "PASS rcon-password".

Gametype changes
Because of the rule that you aren't allowed to advertise a modificated server as CTF, DM or TDM, the gametypes are CTF+, DM+ and TM+. However, put sv_gametype ctf, and not sv_gametype ctf+ in your configuration file.

Kick with reason
You can kick people with a reason now too. Use:
kick id "reason"

Rename people
If you see a faker, but you don't want kick him, you may rename him:
rename id "new name"

Freeze the game
You can use "pause" and "start" in the rcon to freeze and continue the game. If you want the players to be able to do that, you can add votes for that:
addvote pause
addvote start

New settings
rrcon_port 0 | port number for the telnet server
sv_pausemessage 0 | 1 or 0, if it's on the server will send a message to all users on pause/start
sv_rcon_limit 3 | how many times you can enter wrong rcon passwords
sv_rcon_bantime -1 | how long time you will be banned if you reach sv_rcon_limit (-1 = for life, might be worth to change)

I used toilette's remote rcon for the telnet-feature, more information.

Downloads
NEW VERSION! Take me to it!

If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to post it here.

Re: [MOD] Vanilla+

Very usefull, thx,
Someone compile it too mac?

Account inactive since 11/8
.. Although i sometimes visit :3...

3 (edited by MertenNor 2010-05-18 22:57:36)

the "more information" link does not work.. xD here you go: http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3927

Alpha-Nuva wrote:

Very usefull, thx,
Someone compile it too mac?

I can do it but I need the source.. xD

MertenNor

->My 24/7 servers: [NOR] Norwegian HUB <- Back Online !! big_smile
( My grammar is getting better ! smile I think.. )
-Norway

In tom's teeworlds+ mod, if you set the gametype to ctf, it becomes ctf+...maybe these will be confused or somewhat.

Kott, limiting rcon tries to 3 is really low and pointless... put something like 100. Many of us use binds and log in with all their known rcons so that they don't have to write the rcon of their server each time... so if we've got more than 3 rcons in our bind we'll be banned in place of being admin ? >.<

Not Luck, Just Magic.

@Dune: There is the option to change the number of legal tries: sv_rcon_limit 3, 3 is only an example here, you can change it to whatever you like.

Kottizen wrote:

This modification does not change anything on the gameplay, it just secures the server.

It has protection against three known bugs. The standard 0.5.2 is only protected against two of them.

Does it also fix this bug?

aka cheesy

i like this with the rcon thing smile. i want this feature to be implented in every mod, its really usefull!

9 (edited by erd 2010-05-19 14:49:47)

That's useful if you get banned from it by some votekickers.

You should make it impossible to call kickvotes against admins, its not that hard, even included in some other open source mods wink

10 (edited by Dune 2010-05-19 16:38:23)

ghost91 wrote:

@Dune: There is the option to change the number of legal tries: sv_rcon_limit 3, 3 is only an example here, you can change it to whatever you like.

Still a quite bad-chosen default values. Only interesting point is the anti-crash protection who's not in 0.5.2

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:
ghost91 wrote:

Still a quite bad-chosen default values. Only interesting point is the anti-crash protection who's not in 0.5.2

Thanks for your feedback. I'll disable the secure rcon as default in next version.

Disable the ban from rcon limit after the user got access to the console.
Sometimes I forget I'm logged and press the key(rcon_auth) again: *ban*

tongue

check out these maps: infiltrate - choco - dustycloud

can u add the fixed Mod "Instagib" pls?
Because our Instagib Server crashes too hmm

Nerox wrote:

can u add the fixed Mod "Instagib" pls?
Because our Instagib Server crashes too hmm

Fixed in version two. Will probably release it tomorrow.

Great Mod, the function with "just 3 wrong rcon-logins" is a big protection vs. a brut force function.

Ankh is good smile

having the source of this would be very helpful
specially if we wanna fix other mods, of course proper credit will be given to you

if you are looking for support for DDRace, please go to http://DDRace.info.

Ankh wrote:

Great Mod, the function with "just 3 wrong rcon-logins" is a big protection vs. a brut force function.

"just 300 wrong rcon-logins" is as well a big protection vs brute force... you can't force a rcon just with 300 tries.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

GreYFoX wrote:

having the source of this would be very helpful
specially if we wanna fix other mods, of course proper credit will be given to you

In my opinion it would be worthless to release the source of the current version, since a new one is coming tomorrow. Come back tomorrow and look for the patch-file.

the ictf* mod is by inQontrol, (much of them was coded by me xD) this release is good wink
but we didn´t wanna to release it, because we have special funktions etc. That was kottizens job xD

It takes a long time till someone join my server, because they dont see my server on "standard gametypes". Please put an option into the mod to call it CTF, DM, and TDM, nobody cares, because the gameplay is the same. Just an option, then its the own risk.

Ankh is good smile

Ankh wrote:

It takes a long time till someone join my server, because they dont see my server on "standard gametypes". Please put an option into the mod to call it CTF, DM, and TDM, nobody cares, because the gameplay is the same. Just an option, then its the own risk.

That's simply against dev's rule. Your server will be banned from the masterserver. Want you this? big_smile

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin

There won't be a feature that lets you use a reserved gametype in the modification.

I'm sorry but because of an unexpected trip I had to make, I'll release version two tomorrow, and not today.

23 (edited by Ankh 2010-05-22 22:22:18)

Lanta wrote:

That's simply against dev's rule. Your server will be banned from the masterserver. Want you this? big_smile

One russian server was Instagib, but on Gametype i read CTF. The server is running since over 10 months... I think the risk, to get a ban is better then an empty server.

edit: Search ingame     Optizone.ru      , you will find a Ctf-Server, join it, and your weapon is the lasergun

Ankh is good smile

Yes, and that's forbidden. I guess distributing this kind of mod is also forbidden (I remember the old mod by scosu that allowed to change gametype in config).

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Ankh wrote:

I think the risk, to get a ban is better then an empty server.

Let's think like a moderator/dev. They opened for you a thread to write down servers that should be banned for this. They can't check every server, they want the community help... but if every member of the community is like you Teeworlds will die.

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin