Topic: Packaged for Debian

Greetings,

I've packaged Teeworlds for Debian, and it is currently waiting a sponsor. When it is accepted, any Debian users will be able to install Teeworlds through apt-get, synaptic or whatever apt frontend you prefer. As Teeworlds is a new package to Debian, it will automatically be included in any derivative distributions, meaning provided it is accepted, it will also be included in Ubuntu 8.10)

While we wait for the package to be accepted, I've uploaded teeworlds to my PPA, allowing you to get teeworlds through your package manager right now. These packages have been tested on Ubuntu Hardy and Debian Unstable, but *should* work on any Debian based distribution.

To make teeworlds available via apt, please add the following lines to /etc/apt/sources.list

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/jscinoz/ubuntu hardy main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/jscinoz/ubuntu hardy main

After adding these lines, simply update your sources (click the reload button in synaptic, or `sudo apt-get update` from terminal), after this you can simply tick the box for teeworlds, or teeworlds-server.

Regards,
jscinoz

Re: Packaged for Debian

Fantastic. I wanted to do that but you have been quicker.
Great idea

Play ctf_fall if you dare!

Good news, the packages have been uploaded by a ftp-master and are awaiting review, so Teeworlds should be in Debian very soon, and in the next version of Ubuntu (8.10 not 8.04)

Hehe good job wink

spl0k, aka Al`. From the HuH clan.
Noobing pwns since 01/01/1970.
TeeViewer - TeeComp

has anyone got it to go through pulseaudio? ie appear as a stream in pavucontrol, or even make sound when another pulseaudio using app is using the sound card.
no version of teewars i have tried has achieved this, but i am using hardy with almost the whole system completely default. has anyone managed?
btw, thanks for the packages big_smile

joshsmith wrote:

has anyone got it to go through pulseaudio? ie appear as a stream in pavucontrol, or even make sound when another pulseaudio using app is using the sound card.
no version of teewars i have tried has achieved this, but i am using hardy with almost the whole system completely default. has anyone managed?
btw, thanks for the packages big_smile

Not untill PortAudio (the audio lib we are using) starts supporting pulseaudio.

Languages shapes the way we think, or don't.

Hi, it works fine for me using

padsp ./teeworlds

apparently PortAudio supports OSS and padsp emulates this.

Interesting sonium, when i tried to use it with padsp, it resulted in the sound being crackly and ~5 seconds behind the action >_< According to http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/PerfectSetup (See the section on Audacity, it also uses PortAudio) work is being done to add PulseAudio support to PortAudio.

how do you make it output in oss to start with? is there a command to tell portaudio to use oss?
for me padsp does nothing, i guess because it is still using alsa

I'm unsure how to make it use OSS either, as I stated, padsp gives me issues as well, the best that can be done for now is wait for PortAudio to add PulseAudio support.

The good news however: Teeworlds has been accepted into Debian unstable, and is now available via synaptic/apt-get/aptitude/etc It has been patched so that it is built against the libraries/headers included in Debian, rather than the ones bundled with the game source, this means that if the libraries are updated in Debian (perhaps a new version of PortAudio with PulseAudio output support) then the game can easily be rebuilt to take advantage of any new features.

Also, as Teeworlds is a new package to Debian Unstable, it will automatically be included in Ubuntu 8.10.

Regards,
Jscinoz