Topic: Editor tutorial

Can some1 plz write a tutorial for the new editor
cause i don´t get used to it if i do it by "learn by doing"

thx Marik16

Re: Editor tutorial

I'll try...
First of all you have to open Teeworlds like always.
After having done so, you are pressing "CTRL SHIFT E" at the same time due to open the editor.
Now you'll have to click on images and add your prefered TileSet.
Change back to Layers...
Now you have to perform a right clock on "#0 Game"
Now choose "Add a Tile Layer". After having done so perform another right click on your Tile Layer.
Click on "Image" and add the one you have choosen before.
Now you are prepared to make a map.
Press the Spacebar and you can see your TileSet. Click on the prefered part and paint it onto the map with a left click. You can zoom in and out by pressing + and - and you can move arround with ALT+ Mouseclick.
But if you don't want your Tee's to fall through the Tileset you have to change "#0 Game" and press the spacebar there. In the uper corner you can see a white block. Brushing this on the tiles makes them collosion with the tees.

That are the basics you need to know wink
Well actually i have learned this by myself so it's may not the easiest way...

how do i test my maps?

I am Teh Landshark. Feer meh.

Cario wrote:

I'll try...
First of all you have to open Teeworlds like always.
After having done so, you are pressing "CTRL SHIFT E" at the same time due to open the editor.
Now you'll have to click on images and add your prefered TileSet.
Change back to Layers...
Now you have to perform a right clock on "#0 Game"
Now choose "Add a Tile Layer". After having done so perform another right click on your Tile Layer.
Click on "Image" and add the one you have choosen before.
Now you are prepared to make a map.
Press the Spacebar and you can see your TileSet. Click on the prefered part and paint it onto the map with a left click. You can zoom in and out by pressing + and - and you can move arround with ALT+ Mouseclick.
But if you don't want your Tee's to fall through the Tileset you have to change "#0 Game" and press the spacebar there. In the uper corner you can see a white block. Brushing this on the tiles makes them collosion with the tees.

That are the basics you need to know wink
Well actually i have learned this by myself so it's may not the easiest way...

You seem smart, so I gana ask you something.
I have problem, I made 2 awsome maps, but no mater who I ask they seem to not be abel to help me,so I hopeing that you'll be abel to, how do I play I map that i've made, and how do I let other pepole play it?

Bumble_Bee, have a look at this topic: http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=952

It will tell you how to set up your own server and configure it to rotate the maps you have made. Put the .map files in the correct folder [/teeworlds/data/maps/ on Windows] and don't be afraid to ask for further help about it if you encounter a problem. But make sure you reply in that thread, not this one, because your questions won't be related to the map editor. smile

how do you tell if a layer is in the forground/background
if i add a layer wonder if the main layer will become that layers background.

[Lazor-vice] Y3K

http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1059 .

Core2Quad QX9650 12MB 4x3,00GHz - Razer Lachesis - Corsair 8 GB XMS2 DDRII PC6400 RAM DualChannel - Nvidia GeForce 9800GX2 1GB PCI-E - Windows Vista Ultimate EN 64-bit

KRD wrote:

Bumble_Bee, have a look at this topic: http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=952

It will tell you how to set up your own server and configure it to rotate the maps you have made. Put the .map files in the correct folder [/teeworlds/data/maps/ on Windows] and don't be afraid to ask for further help about it if you encounter a problem. But make sure you reply in that thread, not this one, because your questions won't be related to the map editor. smile

Thank you

How to create NORMAL sky in the map?

10 (edited by jeppo 2008-03-31 09:54:45)

the easyst way ist to append it from an other map

http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopi … 9133#p9133

ill try

no:( give screens please:()))i dont know how and from i must copy:((

how come the area where i must make the map is not in the center of my screen?
The half of it I cant see!

Left [WTF] so I had to make an other account here. The new account is named: "pepperoni" with a big golden P as avatar.

Alt+Left mouse drag. It is in the second post.

I Get how to Make a map and so....But how are im test it?And How do im enter Info Like ''Welcome to my NGD server''??Plz answer<!