1 (edited by kaddy 2011-09-09 15:46:17)

Topic: Z-Team Pack 6

Hello!
Say "welcome" to new version of this pretty mod. Now it's based on 0.6.
What can you see there?

• Improved graphics - shadows, outlines, particles. And of course, tee on background. Nobody wants to look on boring gray background, yea? :-)

• Chat translation using Microsoft Translator.

• Antiping

• New scoreboard. Not detailed, like in previous packs, but pretty-looking :-)

• Zoom for spectators, in demos and on race game modes.

• Smileys in chat :-)

• In-game server browser.

• Killing sprees.

• For those who have old video cards - gfx_raw_map. With this parameter you will see only game layer.

• install.cmd from old pack - for teeworlds:// protocol under Windows. I never seen it in use (links like teeworlds://91.122.49.168:8305), but let it be :-)

• And feature that I never seen in other mods - Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V! Yea, you can select, copy and paste. But Dune said that it already exists, so... I don't know :-)

Z-Team Pack 6 is for Windows only yet. If anybody want to build it for Linux or OS X - tell me, I'll give sources (but clipboard will work only under Windows anyway).
Screenshots? No :-) Just download and see!

Update 09/09/2011:
Just a little update.

• Hotkeys in menus

• HUD mod (not tested properly)

• Modified texture loading. Now it must be in 1.5 times faster. Textures will load using queue (so after menu will be shown, textures will be fully loaded in several seconds), and added caching.

Download (enter number and press green button)

Download Update 1

(exe only, sources)

Re: Z-Team Pack 6

Nothing new since the last Z-Team pack of 0.5, at least from what I remember of it. Besides, the client was banned from the forum (see the old topic).

kaddy wrote:

And feature that I never seen in other mods - Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V! Yea, you can select, copy and paste!

That already exists in other mods.

The ingame translation is the only really good and original feature that shines from that client imo.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Okay. Then nothing new here. All old features, but on 0.6

kaddy wrote:

install.cmd from old pack - for teeworlds:// protocol under Windows. I never seen it in use (links like teeworlds://91.122.49.168:8305), but let it be :-)

What exactly is this?

Once in a century...

On windows, it probably registers a new scheme for URLs, which will start teeworlds if you find a link like teeworlds://1.2.3.4:8303.

Yes, heinrich5991 right. Here you can download Linux script for this protocol handler for KDE and Gnome.

Thanks for supporting Linux. smile

But the OS X is still needed.

i found a bug and i have a few suggestions
first of all the translation is brilliant but i think there should be an option from where you could select some languages which you don't want to be translated like you put the translation on english but still don't want german to be translated and i think there should be a check mark for the translated language because i got accustomed to english in teeworlds and if i want it to translate to other language i have to change the teeworlds language... well i can use the console for it but not all the people know how to do that
and the second thing is about the bug sometimes the smilies don't show up and instead some piece of coding shows up and i would also like an option to disable some of the effects like the outline...

I'm gonna kill you!
My avatar was made by R.I.P TeBob.

Catalin wrote:

and i would also like an option to disable some of the effects like the outline...

Options>Graphics>Outline
It's in the group with Shadows and Improved effects. (Improved effects is Eye Candy right?)
Oh and yes the internal translator is awesome and as Catalin said it would be good if we could disable some languages for translation.

P.S. I know it's not easy but...what took you so long to port your client to 0.6? (:

Once in a century...

10 (edited by kaddy 2011-09-10 07:25:32)

heinrich5991, i'll compile mod under OS X on this or next week.
Catalin, Microsoft Translator API detect language automatically and provides translation only. To detect source language we need 2 requests, so it will be a bit slower. But because both you and Elite Tee want this feature, i will realize it soon :-)
About bug - i just don't understood what did you mean, sorry :-(
About shadows, outlines and effect (eye-cand) - Elite Tee was right, you can find these settings at "Graphics" page.
Elite Tee, yes, it's eye candy :-) Too long - because i left Teeworlds for some time. But when i came back it was unusual to play without those features :-)

oh and 1 more bug those rainbow like colors when disabled the gun bullet still has it and i will edit and provide pictures

I'm gonna kill you!
My avatar was made by R.I.P TeBob.

Bullet trail and I think something more remains in rainbow mode...

Catalin wrote:

those rainbow like colors

Eye Candy

Once in a century...

Hi.How to Make a translator to translate? I've tried everything and nothing.

Did you mod? You do not have Web hosting?
You want your mod was TeeWorlds 0.6.1? Write to me!

Piotrek.stv.pl wrote:

Hi.How to Make a translator to translate? I've tried everything and nothing.

Sockets and Google Translator (for example)

I mean how to enable this client translator.

Did you mod? You do not have Web hosting?
You want your mod was TeeWorlds 0.6.1? Write to me!