1 (edited by inherited 2011-03-13 20:19:31)

Topic: [CLIENT] Nodes 1.0.2

Info: Landil and inherited stop nodes development / Mo2 starts to develop it more information here (later)

Info: 1.0.2 is out with many bug fixes and features!

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/6426/nodeslogo.png

I'm proud to announce that Nodes 1.0.2 is ready! (The first version by Mo2 who took over nodes development)

1. What is Nodes?

Nodes is a standalone modification for Teeworlds featuring buildings and much more - fight in teams, build bases and collect valuable crates to show your enemy who's the smartest designer and best fighter on the map!

Killing enemies will increase your team's tech level - the higher your tech level, the more advanced buildings can be built.

http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/7421/image3qy.png

2. How to win?

To bring the fight to an end, you have to destroy your enemies spawns and kill every single enemy who's left, before they're able to rebuild one.

3. This seems to be complex, how do I play?

Landil wrote a very good Nodes Help, which is a good introduction to how to play. Have a look at it here

For those who do'nt want to read this, here's the master plan for winning a game:

1. Enter a game

2. Press CTRL to select a building to buil

3. Press FIRE to build it

4. Kill every building (preferably spawns and those of your enemy's color)

5. ???

6. Profit!

4. What are these worms-inspired crates doing on the map?

To quote Landil:

It is very strange, but there are reports that some airplanes lost its cargo.

How should I know what's inside?

http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/835/image1x.png

5. I keep trying to walk but something blueish or redish or whiteish is blocking my way!

It's called "door" and will appear or open at specific tech level. Learn more about it ingame or at Landils help page.

6. Let me play now pleeaase D:

Nodes 1.0.2 - Windows Setup
Nodes 1.0.2 - Windows Zip
Nodes 1.0.2 - Linux 32 bit (client/server)
Nodes 1.0.2 - Linux 64 bit (client/server)
Nodes 1.0.2 - Source
Nodes 1.0.1-svn to 1.0.2 patch
Nodes 1.0.2 - Windows - Just new client.exe
Nodes 1.0.2 - Windows - Just new server.exe
Nodes 1.0.2 - Linux 32bit - Just new server binary
Nodes 1.0.2 - Linux 64bit - Just new server binary

These files are provided by Mo2

Re: [CLIENT] Nodes 1.0.2

*updated to 1.0.1* further information at http://landil.posterous.com/good-things … on-bugfixe

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

man this looks so horny...

wow! quick update smile

Once in a century...

5 (edited by HipHopBlond 2011-03-14 05:11:32)

I've just tried it out and it's freaking awesome yikes you have worked so much on it, and i appreciate your work, it's amazing! The only problem I'm getting is with the weapons... I don't know how, but they are kind of freaky, like they don't take the right place on the images... like the game uses a bit out of what it must use from the game.png if you can understand me. I believe I am the only one with this problem, but hey.. the [ALT] + [TAB] bug is fixed!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH, I believe the fix was in the SDL file 'cuz it fixed the gamer client as well, I really don't believe it... it's fixed! What I like as well in the new version is that it doesn't use my original cfg file for the gamer and vanilla client so it doesn't trash it and I can play both without worrying and switching files smile I'll host a Nodes server too, operantly I can't stop any other server so it's gonna be hosted with the other 10, cheers ^,^

EDIT: Ok server's set, up and running, but I believe you should provide us with more settings and commands for the server in the future smile (btw awesome console background, and hud) Tell me Landil, what should I do about the weapons, and where is the client really reading the settings from :?

EDIT2: A separate folder in user/application data, nice! Mb dune should do the same for the gamer client tongue Still, how should I fix the ugly looking weapons :?

Once again, Congratulations!

EDIT3: 07:00 AM, time to go and sleep @ school big_smile Servers are opened 24/7, have fun cool

@hip hop blond: Please provide us with a screenshot. I dont know what you mean with the "ugly weapons"
Additionally I would advice you to read the nodes help http://landil.posterous.com/44863640

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

Landil what I meant was the players who killed me didn't die! I died(in bomb mode) but they kept going sad I didn't bringed them to teell (tee hell xD ) with me sad

Once in a century...

I <3 this mod.

My nickname in game: Dark Twist3r. My team: Eclipse
I use&support TDTW <3

Elite Tee wrote:

Landil what I meant was the players who killed me didn't die! I died(in bomb mode) but they kept going sad I didn't bringed them to teell (tee hell xD ) with me sad

bomb does heavy damage but if he's completely armored and full of health it wont kill him.

Landil wrote:

@hip hop blond: Please provide us with a screenshot. I dont know what you mean with the "ugly weapons"
Additionally I would advice you to read the nodes help http://landil.posterous.com/44863640

Yes, I'm sorry about that... I was to sleepy last night to realise that I haven't cleared out the files from the past Nodes version out the folder which made it took a wrong game skin, i guess nodes just can't use any other game skin then it's original (mb in that case for the next version you should put it in the nodes cfg folder to let ppl with custom game skins play nodes and switch back to their other clients without having the need to switch the game skin as well) sorry about that, everything is ok now.

Thanks for the help link, I really knew everything except the new stuff and the commands I asked for:

sv_buildpoints X (Set the amount of available build points)
sv_buildings_ff X (Friendly fire on buildings on=1, off=0)
sv_builddelay X (Time delay before being able to build again, standard=10)
sv_emp_duration X (Duration of the EMP effect, standard=5)
sv_crate_probability X (Probability per second in permil that a crate is created, standard=50)
sv_rage_modifier X (Rage points per hit, standard=1)
sv_kill_delay (Time delay for commiting suicide, standard=30)
sv_freeze_radius X (Radius of the freeze effect, standard=200)
set_techlevel X Y (Assign tech level Y to team X)

1 Notification: MOTD isn't shown when joining a server as it should (like in the past vanilla version)

1 Suggestion: Make the HAT crate (constructor) be estimated by hit count /to say 20, cuz if the crate is too far from your base... you waste it for nothing, the time limit is too short :-/

/Keep up wink

I really love the improvements done to this mod, you guys. You did a sexy job!! big_smile
Offtopic: Why are about half the boxes I run into freeze? ._.

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

Hip-Hop_BLOND wrote:

1 Notification: MOTD isn't shown when joining a server as it should (like in the past vanilla version)

Nodes is 0.5.2 based, so it's kinda normal.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Bee wrote:

I really love the improvements done to this mod, you guys. You did a sexy job!! big_smile
Offtopic: Why are about half the boxes I run into freeze? ._.

There are two freeze effects: one which freezes yourself and one which freezes all the tees in an area around you. Thus the effect animation appears more often than the other effects smile

@hip-hop yes, the hat buff duration might be increased a lil bit.

How does duck make any sense to freeze you? o_o

Bug: If you were the duck the chat bubble is appearing for an instant after the duck effect ends.

Finally this is out big_smile

Unfortunately I fail at tremulous type games.

USA pride. What now.

Wow! Nice, i love Nodes

Ha, I'll play teeworlds again because of this. No, im sorry, I meant nodes.

Nice mod. Had a server running since yesterday and already 20 player or more was playing on it. But then the server crashed. I had no gdb running at this time so nothing more to report so far. But I did a first quick look into the source and "src/engine/server/es_server.c" looked a little bit "empty" to me compared to what I know (no int pw_tries no int command_tries, ...). Without searching further I guess there are still some 0.5.2-known-bug-fixes that are not implemented right now?

Regarding gameplay it seems there is a problem with team-building-killers that run around and destroy all powersupply. That really sucks because you don't always see immediately who destroyed it and in a situation where both teams hurry again and again to the same strong fighted point you don't always spy each player of your own team if he make hidden crap. I already followed such a player and banned him afterwards. I would not be surprised if such a game-destroyer would search some old TW-server-crasher and crashes the server as a final gift.

But apart from that two points (teamkillers and crash) I like that mod. Nice gameplay, nice graphic.

@ Mo2
They're probably destroying all useless builds to gain some BP

Once in a century...

So to get BP you should kill main reactor and repeater? i dont think so

Not main reactor! But useless outposts are just useless!

Once in a century...

But that was no useless outpost... (even the enemy doesn't seem to think so wink).

If somebody is just destroying one repeater after another and all the other stuff between remains (without function) on his place (as long the enemy-team rushes it cause there is no power anymore) what kind of outpost do you think is that? I (already) know that it could make sense to destroy your own building and that way you can even prevent crap buildings from (again) perfidious players of your team.

The possibility to do such malpractice is fact... and it seems it's (already) alluring to more then one player. But looking to the player and server number nodes is just starting. If you make a few bad experiences of that kind it may be very well that most hit just f3 cause they are nerved from the past. Maybe it could help to make a min-kill-counter for each player before he may use self-destruction. So it's not so easy to just join and quick make nonsense. You have at least to fight for your team first. And probably below that counter you should even get a message in the chat when a friendly-player destroys your own buidlings. So you can make your decision to hit f3 or f4 at least with a little bit more facts. Otherwise I'm afraid somebody could cry teamkiller as like others say "f3 for cookies".

Greetings,
Mo(2)

Elite Tee wrote:

Not main reactor! But useless outposts are just useless!

It can even make sense to destroy the main reactor if it is put to a weak place.

I dislike the startpoint of the blue reactor at nodes_sunlitForest. It's even possible to work with that one but there are much better places where you can defend it in this map.

Compared to the startpoint of the red reactor there are much more places from where you can attack it and even more ways to that zones. You can't attack the red reactor from below... the wall is to solid there and the enemies would mostly just came from upper right (as the upper zone is even protected by a wall). At the blue startpoint they can came from above from below and from left.

Again crash... this time I catched it with gdb:

[4d85ded6][nodes]: no power fail!
[4d85ded6][chat]: *** CHIARA joined the red team
[4d85ded6][nodes]: character is dead
[4d85ded6][game]: team_join player='9:CHIARA' team=0
[4d85ded6][game]: Team is balanced (red=7 blue=6)
[4d85ded7][nodes]: reactor fail!
[4d85ded8][nodes]: reactor fail!
[4d85ded9][nodes]: reactor fail!
[4d85ded9][nodes]: no power fail!
[4d85ded9][chat]: *** The reactor is under attack!
[4d85deda][nodes]: no power fail!
[4d85deda][nodes]: no power fail!
[4d85dedc][chat]: *** The reactor is under attack!
[4d85dedd][game]: kill killer='7:Bl4ck L!ght' victim='0:[~elita~]expert' weapon=2 special=0
[4d85dede][game]: kill killer='5:warriors dance' victim='7:Bl4ck L!ght' weapon=1 special=0
[4d85dedf][chat]: *** The reactor is badly damaged!

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
[Switching to Thread 0x7f129454f6f0 (LWP 2238)]
0x000000000042ee41 in PLAYER::try_respawn ()
Current language:  auto; currently asm
(gdb) backtrace
#0  0x000000000042ee41 in PLAYER::try_respawn ()
#1  0x000000000042348b in GAMECONTROLLER_NODES::tick ()
#2  0x000000000042ac94 in GAMECONTEXT::tick ()
#3  0x000000000042db66 in mods_tick ()
#4  0x000000000041c172 in server_run ()
#5  0x000000000041caa3 in main ()
(gdb)

Seems to be some failure at respawning.

Greetings,
Mo(2)