1 (edited by HipHopBlond 2011-06-28 18:35:45)

Topic: [SOLVED] Forum bot, non stop...

Hi Tees,

My friend "DarkMarta" (u may have known her, a gfx pro) is very disappointed, because she can't no longer post any topic/reply in any category, because of the forum bot. It just keeps asking her the same questions over and over again like she ain't typing the answer correctly, but i watched a clip where she's like answering 15 times "On what planet are you living?" and "Say Hello" XD CORRECTLY (Jesus nobody can mess that up)

She can't even call for help because of it so i took the liberty of doing that for her, since she's a good old Friend and a Member of my team smile

So please help...

VIDEO

\\//

Re: [SOLVED] Forum bot, non stop...

Yes please upload it

3 (edited by HipHopBlond 2010-10-17 15:05:24)

Snazzy wrote:

Yes please upload it

Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVVDF_2RL2U

4 (edited by Kottizen 2010-10-17 14:59:46)

I had the same problem this morning.

EDIT: If you press enter, it doesn't work. If you press the button with your mouse, it works.

5 (edited by HipHopBlond 2010-10-17 15:04:48)

Kottizen wrote:

I had the same problem this morning.

EDIT: If you press enter, it doesn't work. If you press the button with your mouse, it works.

Told her to do that, she tried it... still not working :-/

Any other ideas... mb the moderators... staff... or somebody else can do something about it :? (hope they see this) sad

Hip-Hop_BLOND wrote:

Any other ideas... mb the moderators... staff... or somebody else can do something about it :? (hope they see this) sad

Had a similar problem some time ago with other stuff... be careful with non-breaking space and so on... if there are spaces in your answer try to make them with [SPACE] button and Ctrl + [SPACE]. Or maybe just one question is working.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:
Hip-Hop_BLOND wrote:

Had a similar problem some time ago with other stuff... be careful with non-breaking space and so on... if there are spaces in your answer try to make them with [SPACE] button and Ctrl + [SPACE]. Or maybe just one question is working.

U really didn't watch the VIDEO did you?

I had the question...the answer is Teeworlds

alias wrote:

GENIOUS big_smile:D

Snazzy wrote:
alias wrote:

Epic.

Maybe 1+2 is just 12 big_smile

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:
Snazzy wrote:
alias wrote:

Epic.

Maybe 1+2 is just 12 big_smile

... god kill me XD

Snazzy wrote:
alias wrote:

i'm serious!

alias wrote:
Snazzy wrote:
alias wrote:

i'm serious!

I know i know its working! big_smile very nice idea admin ;D

Ok... we are living on the planet Teeworlds and 1 + 2 = 12

Any other suggestions perhaps :?

15 (edited by analog 2010-10-17 20:37:55)

1+2 = 3

I think it repeats itself because you answered the first question wrong, to like double check.
But the answer to planet is teeworlds.

16 (edited by grummi 2010-10-17 21:19:49)

Maybe it is a problem with the browser?
Are Cookies enabled, is javascript activated, is some popup blocker/adblock running?
Maybe an incompatible plugin?

[Edit]

How does this bot/spam protection work anyway?
Most of the time I don't get a test, or just the first time. It doesn't help if spammers just have to answer a question once and can then post as much as they like.

aka cheesy

Most of the time I don't get a test, or just the first time. It doesn't help if spammers just have to answer a question once and can then post as much as they like.

Everytime a spammer post something he gets reported and banned, so he would have to register several times, and then to answer every time the question smile

Not Luck, Just Magic.

so it doesn't prevent him from spamming, it just pisses the spammer off.

ive never seen anything like that before but if it really does not work u should try making an new  forum account...
thats what i would do. but still good luck maybe it wiil be fixed or somethin'

>:]

Dune wrote:

Everytime a spammer post something he gets reported and banned, so he would have to register several times, and then to answer every time the question smile

More like every time a spammer posts some posts in a short time, he gets reported some time later, and banned and the posts deleted some time after that. (I do report every spamimg post I see.)
If the spammer has to answer only one question to post all his spam posts, that is not preventing any spam.

Any further discussions should better be continued in the proper topic, this is getting way offtopic wink

aka cheesy

I'll tell her to clear out her system + the browser and if it still doesn't work... i'll tell her to try with a diferent browser (opera perhaps). Thx for all teh sugestions.

I'll post after smile

22 (edited by DarkM 2010-10-19 14:19:05)

Tried to open with Google chrome - 0. Opened with Explorer - Holy shift! It works xD
thx for da help all xD

I'll show you Kuzma's mother!(c)Nikita Hrushev
DarkMarta - Artist. cool
Rise up, and dont you fall down again... Rise up, its time we break the chains.

DarkM wrote:

Tried to open with Google chrome - 0. Opened with Explorer - Holy shift! It works xD
thx for da help all xD

As people said, that must be a problem with some information stored on your disk (cookies...). Switching web browser solved the problem, but I passed the anti-spam test with Google Chrome without any problem.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Yeah.... TY all from me 2 smile

@Marta: Google Chrome is new and stupid, Internet Explorer is old and slow, Mozila Firefox is good but heavy... Bout safari and other browsers can't say anything, but i would suggest Opera smile (it's the best for me)

Thx to all again, the topic can now be closed with [SOLVED] tag next to it ^^