Topic: [TOURNAMENT] Nations Cup 2010

The former organisators behind the FunWar team inform you about the next planned tournament, the Nations Cup #2.

http://www.bilderhoster.at/upload/lztst1283268304.png

Most likely some of you already took part in the first Nations Cup in 2009 and remember some of the rules and gametypes. For this year, most of the rules will stay the same with only a few changes.

1.) This tournament will probably take place between September 10th and 12th (Weekend).
     To keep some games interesting, TeeTV agreed on helping us commentate/broadcast some of the matches.
     This is not 100% sure, but we will inform you about changes anyway.

2.) Tournament fee: 10€ per team (tax. incl.). This money will be used to cover costs for the servers and streaming,
     and also ensure Golvmopp's salary for organising most of the infrastructure. Furthermore there are  homepage
     programmers and graphic artists waiting to be paid. This is just an unfunny joke of course, so always remember
     that we are doing this for free and in our free time, just for you. If you want to help, come to #Qi @ quakenet,
     donate to development, or simply help with spreading the word and behaving properly. Helping hands are
     always welcome.

3) As always: 5x5, ctf2, 600/1000 scorelimit, no powerups, european servers, screenshot and demo recording
    is obligatory. If there is time and will, we can try other maps as long there is interest. Also, try avoiding to
    cheat if you can, as this is a tournament for fun only.

4) Each team is supposed to represent a certain country, no matter where in the world. It is quite enjoyable to
    see when the players of each team really belong to the country's nationality. Of course we can not identify
    everyone each and every time, but speaking the same mother language as the others opens for more
    possibilitees like voice chat to co-ordinate the team. (There will maybe be a public teamspeak/mumble server for
    the players.) For this year we decided that fantasy teams are also allowed, for those who would like to
    participate but are not able to find a team. For instance you are alllowed to represent the island nation of
    Jamaica, although none of you are really Jamaican. No players with multi-nationalities though.

5) Further information will be found here in the future, aswell as updates on teams and links.

For a beginning, list your team captains and members in this thread (Max. 8 per nation), with the players most likely to play on top, and the less likely players following them at the bottom places.

The FunWar team hopes for many participants and bad stinky weather on that weekend.
Best of luck and fun to all participants wishes Captain AMN.

*** JUSTICE ALWAYS WINS ***

Re: [TOURNAMENT] Nations Cup 2010

I want to play for Germany...

Italian Team is ready:

1.] Lanta
2.] Big
3.] AlExXx'7
4.] Sonix
5.] Prozac
6.] Kiei
7.] Mav
8.] Goliardi
9.] Ciacciu
10.] Apmox

I've read maximum 8, but we still can't know who won't be there at the date.

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin

Belarusian team:
Capitan:VLAD5
Playerlist will be added soon
Tag- [BLR]

so this one is totally not needed anymore ? http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6362

6 (edited by Lanta 2010-08-31 17:25:11)

Marik wrote:

so this one is totally not needed anymore ? http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6362

From our point of view? YES.
Btw, we haven't spoken with D3mon and we won't do it.

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin

Paying for an open-source game that were clsoe to die? Pff. Not teh best idea.

Stay wild big_smile

8 (edited by Azuma.*! 2010-09-02 18:02:33)

Germany's Lineup:

1.] El Diablo (Team Captain)
2.] Azu
3.] Audiopush
4.] Default
5.] Hurricane
6.] Brian
7.] Kyu
8.] Dragonforce
9.] Huskil

I hope for a good tournament but also many interesting matches. Good luck and have fun for all national Team who participate.

Do you can't change the date of this tournament? Isn't it senseless with just 3 nations? hmm
I would like to participate with Poland, but I don't know if I could find enough players until this weekend. sad

enS ~ .vitisoP wrote:

Do you can't change the date of this tournament? Isn't it senseless with just 3 nations? hmm
I would like to participate with Poland, but I don't know if I could find enough players until this weekend. sad

There is a lot of behind-the-scene organisement for this tournament; since we know most of the players pretty well the registrations are not formal and considered not official here (a lot of unexperienced players want to join the tournament, what is not optimal for registrations because they lack our trust).

About the date, there will indeed be a delay, since i have gotten a lot of requests to move it to mid-september or a bit later (some important team captains and players are not able to play this weekend). Also, i am probably going on a spontanous holiday this weekend too, so we had to delay it anyways tongue

If there is any official and determined date, it will be anounced here as the official tournament date, and there will be no delays anymore.

However, there is a lot of positive news too, since the highlevel community has awoken from their inactivity during summer, and is working on their skills and new techniques smile

We are all looking forward to a successfull tournament like it was last year, and want to know if last year's winner Germany can be beaten this time big_smile

11 (edited by vitisoP 2010-10-16 17:57:56)

Polish team:

1.] .vitisoP (Team Captain)
2.] BANANA
3.] n0skill
4.] Urquell
5.] Head
6.] Rod
7.] lolek (?)
8.] tempête

So, could we have some dates for this tournament? Or do you wanna quit this?

get a team

Azuma.*! wrote:

So, could we have some dates for this tournament? Or do you wanna quit this?

/sign

i'm not going to play for polish team.

is there a dutch team??

There is barely no Swedish people playing, AND I WANT A TEAM ! :[

Account inactive since 11/8
.. Although i sometimes visit :3...

Same for us Finns, there's pretty much no high-level player base here either (afaik there isn't a single highskill vanilla ctfer, just a few insta guys). At least Sweden _had_ very good players at some point - too bad they don't play that actively any more.

I'd join the Swedish team for lulz if that would be allowed though (and if Sweden had that team), just to noob around and annoy you with my somewhat broken Swedish if nothing else :>

Failuree @ Quakenet

Failure wrote:

Same for us Finns, there's pretty much no high-level player base here either (afaik there isn't a single highskill vanilla ctfer, just a few insta guys). At least Sweden _had_ very good players at some point - too bad they don't play that actively any more.

I'd join the Swedish team for lulz if that would be allowed though (and if Sweden had that team), just to noob around and annoy you with my somewhat broken Swedish if nothing else :>

Of course, this is allowed and desired, preconditioned that there is a mutual agreement with the other players (just as described in the initial post fyi).

Oh, and tournament is delayed until the scene gets a little more active, btw smile

As you see, the scene gets active again. So, what about some tournaments?
The easter holidays begin soon and we've a lot time to organise these stuff!

Hey Azuma,

It is indeed true that there exists the desire from many players to create a tournament to celebrate the 0.6 release and the reborn activity. We are thinking about a clan tournament first though. If we have the resources, we might add the Nations Cup aswell  to it. Easter is a pretty good time to make such an event, so i hope most of you guys read this and already prepare your 0.6 skills for it big_smile

Hello, this is my first post in tee-world. I want to know, why tournaments are paid, because this is a free game.

Randy-tee

Randy wrote:

Hello, this is my first post in tee-world. I want to know, why tournaments are paid, because this is a free game.

Randy-tee

Learn to read.

check out these maps: infiltrate - choco - dustycloud

Captain AMN wrote:

This is just an unfunny joke of course, so always remember that we are doing this for free and in our free time, just for you.

I understand that you're new, but you should know how to read more wink

I didn't want to read either big_smile

Who made the cool Nations Cup logo?

Please use an english signature //heinrich5991