1 (edited by Lartza 2010-06-16 18:40:01)

Topic: [MOD] Instagib3

Since Instagib is no longer developed, I wanted to take a shot with this mod since now only options are to use the old instagib, or Tom's Teeworlds+ that is a lot more than instagib(But in a good way Tom) smile

I would like to hear ideas for features, so there would be something "new" everybody says there isn't. All instagib fans gather here with suggestions. Also, due to demand, I am tired of listening all the comments that continuing Instagib development sucks, I might also stop developing this publicly, thank Dune, Mic, Snazzy and possibly others.

:: What's new? ::
* Git, this version is based on the latest development version of Teeworlds ("0.6.0") and is developed in github
* How to announce spree, and enable/disable (sv_spree)
* Spawn protection (sv_spawnprotection)
* Adjustable suicide and auto-respawn delay (sv_respawn) IN TESTING

:: Features ::
* One-hit-kill
* Killing spree (sv_spree)
* Spawn protection (sv_spawnprotection)
* Rifle only
* No powerups
* Laserjumps (sv_laserjumps)
* DM/TDM/CTF-support

:: Changelog ::
.: Instagib3 :.
* Git("0.6.0")
* Killing spree setting (sv_spree)
* Spawn protection
* Little tweaks to get the code compatible with the new Teeworlds code

.: Instagib 3.0 :.

.: Instagib 2.2 :.
*  0.5.1-support
* Fixed sound bug
* Added kills to the spree end-message.

.: Instagib 2.1 :.
* Fixed teamdamage bug
* Added sv_laserjumps to enable/disable laserjumps

.: Instagib 2.0 :.
* Fixed a 0.5.0 version
* Added laserjumps

:: Download ::
https://github.com/Lartza/instagib

OLD
3.0 - 0.5.2-based
NOTE: Vulnerable to an exploit
MediaFire
Source
Patch
Linux x86

:: Credits ::
Somerunce - the creator of Instagib

Suggestions, complaints and anything else is welcome
And please, this time keep it on-topic

2 (edited by Dune 2010-06-16 09:23:44)

Re: [MOD] Instagib3

omg, don't delete a topic when the comments are unfavorable.
I repeat then what has been mainly said in the other topic:

What's different from Instagib 2.x ?
Show me a new feature that justifies you call this Instagib 3.x.

P.S. : Does anyone have a backup from the old topic ? Would be nice to repost it so that this guy can't delete them indefinitely.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

3 (edited by Lartza 2010-06-16 10:27:46)

I asked moderators to delete the last topic due to off-topic discussion. I call this Instagib 3.x because it is based on the git source of Teeworlds(and not 0.5.2), it has killingspree broadcast and I will add other features and maintain it to have the mainstream updates.

Broadcasting Killingspree's Is Nothing new.

Mic wrote:

Broadcasting Killingspree's Is Nothing new.

Well, it wasn't included in 2.x and isn't even important. You skipped the whole main part "based on git-code" part, like Dune.

Oh congratulations that its based on git -code.
I have the official teeworlds_srv in my folder based on source. you want me to release it as: official teeworlds server 3.0, and tell you that it supports ctf,dm,tdm?

Dune is right, whats new here?!?!

The "based on git-code" part doesn't change many things for the players, because he use the 0.5.2 client.

Snazzy wrote:

Oh congratulations that its based on git -code.
I have the official teeworlds_srv in my folder based on source. you want me to release it as: official teeworlds server 3.0, and tell you that it supports ctf,dm,tdm?

Dune is right, whats new here?!?!

If you are happy with the Instagib 2.2 based on 0.5.1, with exploits, then use it. If you want the latest updates, refactored source and more, use mine. I didn't see anyone complaining Somerunce when he released 2.2, it was just to update to 0.5.1 from 0.5.0 and couple bugs. This was to make instagib for the git version, "0.6.0", the future Teeworlds version, if I had made this when Teeworlds 0.6.0 was released, you wouldn't have said this is nothing new.

So simply, don't like it, don't use it.

choupom wrote:

The "based on git-code" part doesn't change many things for the players, because he use the 0.5.2 client.

Atleast the exploits are fixed, there are less crashes and I hope some optimization has been done to the server after 0.5.2. What was different for the players with 0.5.1>0.5.2? Two exploit fixes and "smaller fixes", I noticed nothing. Players are also encouraged to test the latest development versions

we didnt complain somerunce because it was his mod. if you update your own mod its okay,

but you just took someone elses mod and fixed a bug (and i guess you didnt ask somerunce if you are allowed to continue instagib, did you? ((if so sry)).

Snazzy wrote:

we didnt complain somerunce because it was his mod. if you update your own mod its okay,

but you just took someone elses mod and fixed a bug (and i guess you didnt ask somerunce if you are allowed to continue instagib, did you? ((if so sry)).

I gave the freedom to complain and would have removed/will remove this mod if Somerunce asks. Also, I did not fix a bug either, matricks and other coders did and I edited Instagib to work with the rewritten code, I did not take even credit for this, I never planned to do that. Somerunce quit developing this mod, and nobody else is developing it so, yes, I took someone's mod and continued to provide updates for it when the author himself stopped, and like I said, all my credits go to Somerunce.

11 (edited by Dune 2010-06-16 12:23:38)

Just don't release "Instagib 3.x" then, would be something like "Instagib with bugs fix"...
Somerunce will probably update the mod when 0.6 will be released, and that's enough.

Indeed, this wasn't needed.

UPDATE: I would like to hear ideas for features, so there would be something "new" everybody says there isn't. All instagib fans gather here with suggestions. Also, due to demand, I am tired of listening all the comments that continuing Instagib development sucks, I might also stop developing this publicly, thank Dune, Mic, Snazzy and possibly others.

Am I going to release Instaigb 4.x saying "Hey guys there's nothing new but hey pls don't complain there will be if you ask" ? There is no need for adding features to Instagib, if we want a ton of useless features, we already can download the Tom's Teeworlds+.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:

Just don't release "Instagib 3.x" then, would be something like "Instagib with bugs fix"...
Somerunce will probably update the mod when 0.6 will be released, and that's enough.

UPDATE: I would like to hear ideas for features, so there would be something "new" everybody says there isn't. All instagib fans gather here with suggestions. Also, due to demand, I am tired of listening all the comments that continuing Instagib development sucks, I might also stop developing this publicly, thank Dune, Mic, Snazzy and possibly others.

Am I going to release Instaigb 4.x saying "Hey guys there's nothing new but hey pls don't complain there will be if you ask" ? There is no need for adding features to Instagib, if we want a ton of useless features, we already can download the Tom's Teeworlds+.

Somerunce wrote:

Also, this is the last version of Instagib I will create. I completely lost the time and enjoyment of creating this mod, so I hope someone else will follow me.

13 (edited by Lartza 2010-06-16 12:34:36)

Dune wrote:

I wouldn't call 0.5.2 to git update  + new features(which yes are not YET implemented, and might never be to public because of all this) a bugfix, and since git is going to be 0.6 people will already have a working instagib for this if I keep this up-to-date.

EDIT: Also, if you read the first post, I mentioned Teeworlds+ too. If instagib plus would be still around, I wouldn't have made this mod. But it's not. Teeworlds+ is a lot more than Instagib(and, not based to the git source, which was the main catch here with the added bonus of new features to come)

EDIT2: You truly have Teeworlds+ which is a great mod, go download it if you need or want it. But why do some servers still use Somerunce's 2.2? Because some people like KISS and don't like all the features of Tom's release. This is pure Instagib, for all fans to enjoy.