1 (edited by Whitefire 2010-06-06 14:37:16)

Topic: [MOD] Hunt

Hello out there!

Just to let you know, this mod is not coded or made by me, I just want to publish it for a good friend smile

What is this mod about?
Well, basically, it's like a catch game, yes... but it's kind different to them! It has nothing to do with Catch16 or something like that..
One player is the "hunter" (at the beginning this is happening randomly), all other players have to run away from him. Now, all the other players, which are not the hunter, score points each 6 seconds. So you see, it's not really good to be the hunter - cause as long as he has to catch someone he scores no more points. If the hunter caught somebody than the roles get changed - means the hunter is now a normal tee and the caughted tee is now the hunter (and scores no more points).

At least, the tee with the most points (means the one who was the lessest time the hunter) wins the round.

There can be more than one hunter -> one way is to set it by your own (rcon command) or by the dynamic_catcher -> means that the half amount of tees - 1 turn to hunters wink

Settings and commands

command             default   min   max   desctiption
sv_mode             1         0     4     0 - hammer and gun
                                          1 - instagib
                                          2 - all weapons
                                          3 - hammerparty
                                          4 - ninja

sv_color            1         0     1     0 - color off
                                          1 - color on

sv_catcher          1         1     15    Number of catcher (If there isn't a catchable tee,
                                          the number automaticly decrease by 1)

sv_kill             0         0     1     0 - New catcher don't die
                                          1 - New catcher die

sv_hammer           1         0     1     Let poeple hammer

sv_dynamic_catcher  1         0     1     Let number of catcher choose automaticly
                                          (if activated sv_catcher isn't important)

sv_gametype         hunt

Downloads

• Windows

• Linux

• Mac (missing at the moment)

• Patch (missing at the moment)

And who made it now?
Idea and coding are from Lucki - also a special thanks to erd who has helped him by developing.

And for the German people...
Hier klicken wink

Tee-Project - Website coming soon... [http://project.tee-city.net]

Re: [MOD] Hunt

Seems to be completely the same like this:
ncatch

And when i enter the nCatch link: ->Link to nCatch the headline says: Hunt. why do you come back with that?

or did you just copied the source and say its yours.

weird.

It has nothing to do with Catch16 or something like that..

Waoooo... now you win 6 points per second ! Indeed man, you changed the gameplay to something amazing !

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:

It has nothing to do with Catch16 or something like that..

Waoooo... now you win 6 points per second ! Indeed man, you changed the gameplay to something amazing !

read before post.
you get points every 6 seconds not 6 per second

«Honor øf Tees»
hot.bplaced.net/forum
We still search good Members

... Check it out yourselfs!!! Then let's see what u'll be saying for the mod!!! >:(

Oh dear... is reading that hard? -.-

Whitefire wrote:

Just to let you know, this mod is not coded or made by me, I just want to publish it for a good friend smile

Whitefire wrote:

And who made it now?
Idea and coding are from Lucki - also a special thanks to erd who has helped him by developing.

@Dune: Noone said that it's an amazing new mod... but it's a different gameplay than always this Catch16 e.g... but is that all? Shout at people, don't give them a chance for their own mod? I want to see your first mods... some of you started like him, they got their idea of how to make a mod different / better - and they learn with that! Some of you are already good coders, but some people start learning coding by games like that... and all you can do is writting a post, don't really read the text and shout "how crap is that"... really have to say shame on you!

Anyway, if you got some suggestions just tell them wink

7 (edited by HipHopBlond 2010-06-06 14:27:05)

Yeah, yeah it looks a lot the same, but actually it's not, AND its much more interesting then the catch mod... I am hosting 1 server. At this moment i think they are 2 or 3, check it out yourselfs:

Type "[N.W.A]" or "HUNT" in quick search and u'll find the one hosted by me - 78.128.12.246:10000 (24/7).

I hope u really start looking the other way around on this fun mod smile

I liked this mod, because it's funny. And also I liked the idea about number of catchers increasing, but not by time, but by amount of players. One catcher is good if there are 2-3 players, but if there is more, I think, there should be more catchers, to make this game more active.

PS If what, sorry for my language, English is not my native language.

9 (edited by Whitefire 2010-06-06 14:38:51)

Oh that is already included wink

sv_dynamic_catcher  1         0     1     Let number of catcher choose automaticly
                                          (if activated sv_catcher isn't important)

E.g:
1-3 players -> 1 catcher
4-6 players -> 2 catcher
7-9 players - > 3 catcher

etc.

The half amount of players - 1 are the hunters wink But yes, sry I didn't write it in the description... will add that.
You can also disable the dynamic_catcher and set your own amount of hunters (maximal 15 -> means 15 hunters, 1 normal tee) wink

10 (edited by MertenNor 2010-06-06 17:08:06)

@Whitefire can you send me the source so I can compile it for mac ?
EDIT:
here you go: http://eigan.no/tee/hunt/

MertenNor

->My 24/7 servers: [NOR] Norwegian HUB <- Back Online !! big_smile
( My grammar is getting better ! smile I think.. )
-Norway

Feels Like a fail of the "tag" mod.

Hip-Hop_BLOND wrote:

Yeah, yeah it looks a lot the same, but actually it's not, AND its much more interesting then the catch mod... I am hosting 1 server. At this moment i think they are 2 or 3, check it out yourselfs:

Type "[N.W.A]" or "HUNT" in quick search and u'll find the one hosted by me - 78.128.12.246:10000 (24/7).

I hope u really start looking the other way around on this fun mod smile

The server is great! You should really try it :DD And its a lot better then catch >.>

13 (edited by Dune 2010-06-07 06:15:52)

I want to see your first mods... some of you started like him, they got their idea of how to make a mod different / better - and they learn with that!

I feel it's crap and useless, yes and I say it.

You want to see my first mods, my tries ? You won't, because I just didn't release them as they were precisly crap and useless, and I didn't ask the community for comments about them. I only started releasing mods when I was experimented enough to do something interesting - not just modifying the source of some mod and trying to add some features, changing some values.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

As i said it's stolen and Corrupted.
Mods that this feels copied from is "Tag" and
"Danger+"

So Make your own mod.

15 (edited by Snazzy 2010-06-07 14:39:19)

Ida wrote:

The server is great! You should really try it :DD And its a lot better then catch >.>

The server is empty.
The map sucks.
And the mod is mostly stolen.

Dune is right, its the same with the gfx stuff and the guys releasing their first "tries"

A mix between Catch and Bomb. Really useless.

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin

Lanta wrote:

A mix between Catch and Bomb. Really useless.

That was the comment i we're looking for!

Account inactive since 11/8
.. Although i sometimes visit :3...

People, let's try to keep things positive down here. If you don't like this mod, either ignore it or tell the developer what he can improve (if anything).

19 (edited by Lanta 2010-06-08 19:51:20)

Azon wrote:

People, let's try to keep things positive down here.

Nice censorship of the offtopic, you get a [+1].
Btw, it's hard to be positive looking at this thread.

Azon wrote:

If you don't like this mod

Yes

Azon wrote:

ignore it

So he will think it's a good mod? No, let's him know what he created and that he wasted his time...

Azon wrote:

tell the developer what he can improve (if anything).

This idea has been already developed in many ways, that's just a little variant. There are many modders and many nice mod ideas never coded... try to apply your fantasy or to realise what the community wants instead of working around the same things. Follow the K.i.S.S. principle and your mod will be also a great success big_smile

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin

LOL. Support Staff fighthing with a moderator. I never thought i would see this happening.

Kranix wrote:

LOL. Support Staff fighthing with a moderator. I never thought i would see this happening.

Stop digging out topics.

Not Luck, Just Magic.