Topic: [VIDEO] Teeworlds collaborative movie

I have been asked many times to do another Teeworlds video and till now I wasn't motivated enough to start something. So a new video, but what for? I have two goals in mind: promote Teeworlds, promote the original Teeworlds gametypes. To these ends, I think the video should provide the best audiovisual experience, so that the spectators would have only one thing in mind: "Wow".

The best way to do that would be to show the most mpressive things, even if they didn't need as much skill as other actions. So in my opinion even frags sponsored by luck would fit as long as they are spectacular. To capture the best moments, I believe that I should seek the demos of any Teeworlds player.

Besides the content, there is also the technical side in which I would also need some help. First, I am limited by my own computer, I can't record with a Full HD resolution and my computer is kinda slow to encode. Secondly, I am not that good with editing softwares for example to put effects etc. Finally if the video lasts more than 5 min, it would be necessary to mix audio soundtracks and I don't know much about that.

So the idea would be to make a collaborative video to promote the game. To do that we would need people who can help in these areas:
- Content (Teeworlds demos, selection of the demos etc.)
- Video (recording, editing/effects, encoding etc.)
- Audio (selection of the audio, mixing sound tracks etc.)

For the moment nothing is started. I will first see if some people are interested. We can discuss it here or you can contact me on irc at Quakenet #teeworlds.

Re: [VIDEO] Teeworlds collaborative movie

The Idea is very good, to motivate some people out there to play teeworlds, but if you collect all the demos you will get a lot of crap-demos.

In the most videos out there are too many special effects, dont like it. Just the name of the player, a little effect to connect the different clips, and thats enouph i think.

teeworlds would be more popular, if the player make a tournament, or a ladder, like in the esl.

I think its a very good idea, but it will take a lot of time hmm.

Ankh is good smile

grate idea I want to help.. smile I can do some recording if you want big_smile
I have something on my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff-Pi7RD9pM

MertenNor

->My 24/7 servers: [NOR] Norwegian HUB <- Back Online !! big_smile
( My grammar is getting better ! smile I think.. )
-Norway

MertenNor wrote:

grate idea I want to help.. smile I can do some recording if you want big_smile
I have something on my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff-Pi7RD9pM

MertenNor

Yeah, I feel "Wow... I don't want to become like this" big_smile

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Ankh: Obviously I won't watch hours of crap demos, the idea would be that people submit me their demos with a short description of the frag/action and the exact time of it in the demo.
About the effects, I am not a big fan of fancy things. But I believe that some light effects could add something to the video.

MertenNor: I can record too. Now the questions are: Can you record Teeworlds in HD with 60 fps, do you know how to compress, how to deal with the codecs etc.

Very good idea, but before loads of crap is sent in: Please only pro players with good movement send in demos (And no, most people who read this are not pros). Of course noobs can make lucky shots too, but please be very selective, we will only take the most epic demos.

Qi - high level gaming
qi.m0g.net

7 (edited by Azuma.*! 2010-05-21 18:39:16)

You may have seen this clanwar already: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOplhDJ4Fx4
Now, I could make even better quality as that.

i could send some crap... i aint considered that pro, but think to have at least the last scraps of skill...  great idea anyway.

The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they're going to be when you kill them.

@Ubuntu I can do HD but dono if it is 60 fps and i am not shore if I can deal with the codecs etc. lol xD

I think I can do better but here you go:  http://vimeo.com/11930763

MertenNor

-Norway

Dunno if it is my comp but I see your video with very very bad quality (kind of <30fps I think) .

-.iB Jordane

Nope its Hd for me, check if the option between speed and quality of your brother is right.

Snazzy wrote:

Nope its Hd for me, check if the option between speed and quality of your brother is right.

browser* I hope big_smile
It's HD, but it's not 60fps, it's 30. HD is related to the resolution, not to the framerate. Also youtube use the same definition.

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin

MertenNor: Thanks but I will maybe do it myself, unless someone really skilled with video encoding shows up.

We are almost ready to accept demos of players. You will have to name your demos this way (otherwise we won't watch it):
map_time_description_player.demo
For example: ctf2_11.35_frag-3grenades_nameless.demo
The description shouldn't exceed few words. We need the time of the demo, not the time of the server inside the demo. This time should be the moment when the action starts.

By sending us your demos, you authorize us to use it. We will of course give credits to the player. To submit them, we would prefer to be contacted directly, to not spoil the content. You can contact myself, Azuma, Jordane or Steph. We will be on the irc channel #teeworlds.video on Quakenet.

Ubuntu wrote:

We are almost ready to accept demos of players. You will have to name your demos this way (otherwise we won't watch it):
map_time_description_player.demo
For example: ctf2_11.35_frag-3grenades_nameless.demo
The description shouldn't exceed few words. We need the time of the demo, not the time of the server inside the demo. This time should be the moment when the action starts.

By sending us your demos, you authorize us to use it. We will of course give credits to the player. To submit them, we would prefer to be contacted directly, to not spoil the content. You can contact myself, Azuma, Jordane or Steph. We will be on the irc channel #teeworlds.video on Quakenet.

so does this mean that we can send it demos of MODed gametypes ? ore can we just submit normal gametypes demoes ?

MertenNor

-Norway

Ubuntu wrote:

I have been asked many times to do another Teeworlds video and till now I wasn't motivated enough to start something. So a new video, but what for? I have two goals in mind: promote Teeworlds, promote the original Teeworlds gametypes. To these ends, I think the video should provide the best audiovisual experience, so that the spectators would have only one thing in mind: "Wow".

i guess that answers your question

I absolutely support this idea, I actually got into vanilla mainly because of that Ubu's teeworlds video, and it would be nice to see even better ones. Probably gotta look through my hours and hours of crap demos, I remember there were a few good frags somewhere.

Failuree @ Quakenet

Please send your demos on teeworlds-video@live.fr .

-.iB Jordane

18 (edited by Neo 2014-06-13 03:47:50)

---

No, this idea doesn't suit this project.

My moments is here http://rapidshare.com/files/394278377/demos.rar.html

21 (edited by Ubuntu 2010-06-05 15:21:01)

A little update on this project. It is still going on and I thank all the players who already sent demos. Unfortunately for this project some people keep their demos for their clan video. So for the moment I hadn't as much demos as I could have expected. I still want to collect more demos.

It means that you still have time. Don't hesitate to submit your demos. You have nothing to loose... I remind you the different ways to send us your demos:
- on irc: #teeworlds.video Quakenet server
- by email: teeworlds-video@live.fr
- by replying to this topic

hope i am not too late to tell you, I am a bit busy now, so I will post my demos here by tomorrow/the next day after tomorrow.
sry.

The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they're going to be when you kill them.

23 (edited by J@nTeek!ller 2010-06-10 17:03:11)

Hi!
I also want to creat a Teeworlds Trailer smile

I work in After Effects,Sony Vegas, Premiere Pro, and some others...
So i can do effects,cutting, audio and all this smile

I will show you an example in a second post.....

J@nTeek!ller: I suggest you to join the irc channel #teeworlds.video at Quakenet, so we can discuss that.

We are still collecting demos.

-.iB Jordane