Topic: [CLIENT] Antiping for TeeWorlds

Antiping tries to display real positions of tees and grenades without ping delay.

Maybe someone will find it helpful. For my opinion (and tests) it should help with bad ping (>80) and when you often change servers with different pings.

What it looks like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nikjldMnHFU

Binaries for windows and sources:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/dwgrcq

To turn it on press F1 in game and type cl_antiping 1 (and don’t forget to change game.png).

PS I'm not satisfied with quality of my code, but I have to admit, I'm too lazy to rewrite it properly. So, the code is unfinished yet and provided "as is".
PPS Actually there was a link on z-team forum somewhere, but AMN couldn't find it. So, specially for AMN.. hf ^^

Re: [CLIENT] Antiping for TeeWorlds

Do you know the predict ?
It's implemented in Teeworlds since 0.3 I think.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Have you tried antyping? No... Otherwise you understand difference between default prediction and antyping system..  Modification by z-team is much better for players with bad ping than cl_predict.

The God is real, unless declared as integer

4 (edited by Tigra 2010-04-14 20:04:46)

Dune wrote:

Do you know the predict ?
It's implemented in Teeworlds since 0.3 I think.

Hm, yep. Antiping uses straight these functions but for other purpose. It predicts other tees and grenades not player's tee.

Moderators and developers. We want to know your opinion about this thing. Do you think is it honestly to play with antiping or not? I mean, will it be ok if we'll implement it in Z-Pack?

Sorry for my english sad

Lite wrote:

Moderators and developers. We want to know your opinion about this thing. Do you think is it honestly to play with antiping or not? I mean, will it be ok if we'll implement it in Z-Pack?

Why not? Antiping does not do anything illegal, no lag, no bot, no faker, no what else. And other players won't recognise antiping.

7 (edited by Dune 2010-04-19 12:00:43)

But it may give "unfair advantage" to players who use it wink

Not Luck, Just Magic.

8 (edited by Tigra 2010-04-23 15:13:45)

Dune wrote:

But it may give "unfair advantage" to players who use it

No, it may not. It would be so if all players would have equal pings. But pings are very different. If we accept that ping difference is ok, than antiping is ok too. In that case I would say it rather eliminates "unfair advantage" that good ping gives. And do it far from fully. Ping still matter a lot. You wouldn't use antiping even with 60 ping, believe me (or try it). wink

This tool is for players from far places like deep Russia, Turkey or USA.

Lite wrote:

I mean, will it be ok if we'll implement it in Z-Pack?

Don't worry Lite, after you added LUA scripts you can implement everything you want. wink

Wait the answer from devs... once you implemented it it's too late to stop the spreading wink

Not Luck, Just Magic.

I like this client. it's a big step for Teeworlds implementation and it's really useful for far players.
[+1]

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin

any 0.6 update?

i added antiping in my client 0.6, soon will be release wink

13 (edited by El-Panda 2013-05-15 21:55:30)

Hello, good afternoon. Teeworlds while I play and my ping is 280 normally. But for some reason he went to the 310 ...
Serve this client to me?
If not well understood forgive, do not speak English...

EDIT: already downloaded it, but says that "there has been a series of porblemas and had to close the program" This is for linux? it also says "can be a problem in the program or a deficiency in wine"

El-Panda wrote:

Hello, good afternoon. Teeworlds while I play and my ping is 280 normally. But for some reason he went to the 310 ...
Serve this client to me?
If not well understood forgive, do not speak English...

EDIT: already downloaded it, but says that "there has been a series of porblemas and had to close the program" This is for linux? it also says "can be a problem in the program or a deficiency in wine"

Try to use TeeSurf, it has also Antiping included.

xFrozen: I get that the link is broken. But not if it's that you're talking about. Could you pass me the link? thanks

mb new download link? hmm

Please reupload this.

no

sorry for opening an old thread but i need this client so badly
can anybody reupload this?

TDTW client has identical antiping to this client, and DDnet has a more annoying and eye-irritating shakey antiping that instead of ghosts of prediction, only shows the prediction. Both are very good clients, and you should try to use the Search to find them.

Clan: Riot (I'm one of three leaders: Mile, Deku, pie)
Host teeworlds maps on a fng/ctf/dm/ddrace server for testing:http://riotproductions.tk/teewo/ broken-need reinstall nginx http://riotproductions.tk/bounce?whatEven, Teeworlds NA Discord chat

pielover88888 wrote:

TDTW client has identical antiping to this client, and DDnet has a more annoying and eye-irritating shakey antiping that instead of ghosts of prediction, only shows the prediction. Both are very good clients, and you should try to use the Search to find them.

TDTW is very laggy client, i don't want alot of functions i just want the aniping so i could play like normal player