1 (edited by Marik 2010-02-16 20:38:02)

Topic: [REQUEST] Lacking of development progress info

Hy all

I just want to point out that the last post in the so called "Developer Journals" (also known as the blog of the teeworlds homepage) was made on the 19th January of 2009.
So we can see more than one year has already passed after we ( the community) have been officially  informed about the development of our beloved game Teeworlds.

Well the developers can say "we don’t care about the community and just make the game the way we would like too". But if that’s the current state I guess it’s the wrong direction Teeworlds development has taken. There are now approximately 1300 people simultaneous playing at every daytime. I think with such a community established: We should be more informed of the direction Teeworlds is heading.

Of course this is a free time project and people have their jobs and all the other private stuff which is more important than spending time on a hobby project. I guess it is not a too great demand that we can have the one or other post in the development journals which gets us the current state of development , some ideas, thoughts etc.
Since right now it seems that development completely stopped. If I wouldn’t check the trac from time to time, which is nearly the most outdated thing concerning Teeworlds development, I would have no information what’s going on right now.

So I’m requesting again, please revive the Development Journal Forum.

Greets Marik

Re: [REQUEST] Lacking of development progress info

I think development is'not stopped, 'cause everyday there are new commits here.
P.S. And I think development is a bit slow because there are few developers.

gerichhome wrote:

I think development is'not stopped, 'cause everyday there are new commits here.
P.S. And I think development is a bit slow because there are few developers.

Well you misunderstood my post. I meant it seems, for the ordinary community which is not informed well enough,  that the development stopped since there is no info at all from the developers.   
Of course i see the progress at the trac which i already wrote in my first post. But only a few people know about the trac and how to read it. There are some blogs about Teeworlds which contain development information too ( i wrong situation for promoting this now but have a look at http://news.teesites.net/ ).

But development looks much more alive if we get see more blog entries at the official homepage which equals the entries in Development journals.

Marik16 wrote:

Hy all

I just want to point out that the
[...]
So I’m requesting again, please revive the Development Journal Forum.

Greets Marik

Agree, [+1].