1 (edited by Lanta 2009-11-28 17:22:17)

Topic: [LAN] TeeCon

What?!? A LAN party?
Yes
In collaboration with FunWar, we are going to make a Teeworlds (and other opensource games) LAN party. A big, european LAN, called TeeCon. The InsaneLAN team is ready to host our event, if we need.

Who is InsaneLan?
InsaneLan is a consolidated italian LAN-party organisation team. We've made so many LAN party here... with up to 100 people!
Our LAN are a well-known place for fun!
Just some images:
http://www.insanelan.it/index.php?ind=gallery

What is that?
A LAN party is a temporary gathering of people with computers, between which they establish a local area network (LAN), primarily for the purpose of playing multiplayer computer games (in our case, Teeworlds).
LAN party events differ significantly from LAN gaming centers and Internet cafes in that they generally require to bring your own computer (BYOC) and are not permanent installations, often taking place in general meeting places or residences.

Where? (if =INS= will host it)
In Italy, in a city called Vicenza, not so far from Germany and France. Here a link to Google Maps http://maps.google.it/maps?f=q&sour … o&z=12

When?
The date is not yet decided but, like I've said before, we are planning to do this in the next year (maybe second part). It will last 2 or 3 games, and you can sleep (or not sleep tongue) here.

Why?
Nice question. For fun! If you want to have fun playing Teeworlds and seeing enemies reactions, it's time to do it!
But not only for fun. You can show others your real skill and own them in our tournaments. If we'll have enough sign-ups, we'll have also big prizes. And maybe you will enjoy also other multiplayer games.

So, what I need if I will come at your LAN?
Ok. All you need is a computer able to run Teeworlds, a mouse, a keyboard, an headset if you need it and a LAN cable. Oh, sure, a monitor, and all cables your PC need.
You will need also some money, for paying the sign-up and the food.

Now, that's all I have to say. We'll make this event if we get enough sign-ups. We have 100 places and, probably, an Internet Connection.

I posted here to see the reaction of the community to this idea, so feel free to suggest other locations and maybe other organising team. I know germany should be the perfect location, so if you know a team here, tell us.
What we need: a large place, 1KW for 2 computers, internet connections, 2 or more servers.
I hope too see many anwers smile I really believe in this project.

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin

Re: [LAN] TeeCon

You have a brilliant plan Lanta! I only hope that your wishes are turned into reality. - As i would love to come and play with you fellows. I am from America and don't have Money nor the time to travel. tongue

Wanna know more about me?: Google Profile

So, good idea, but anyway:

1. There aren't much italian Teeworlds player, so why th LAN party is in italy.
2. The most Teeworlds players are too young do that.
3. Nobody would travel to an over country, only to play a Opensourcegame on a LAN Party. Well, freaks would do this, but there aren't so much freky Teeworlds freaks ;D

Visit tee-league.de and tv.tee-league.de!

KaiTee wrote:

1. There aren't much italian Teeworlds player, so why the LAN party is in italy.

I've though more and more about this. The problem is our team got many sponsors here in Italy, that probably we'll never have outside italy.
The perfect location would be Germany. If you know a good and big LAN-team in Germany, fell free to tell me and I will ask them. By the way, InsaneLan is ready to host this event.

KaiTee wrote:

2. The most Teeworlds players are too young do that.

The are not only players under 18 in Teeworlds... btw, I agree with you, they aren't the major part. That's why we have an inet connection for who can't come.

KaiTee wrote:

3. Nobody would travel to an over country, only to play a Opensourcegame on a LAN Party.

mmm... nice question. Our LAN will not host only Teeworlds, but also other games.

KaiTee wrote:

Well, freaks would do this, but there aren't so much freky Teeworlds freaks ;D

I think there are enough for making a nice, big, and lagfree tournament.

I'm going to search one team in germany ;D Would be good for me too, as a german guy :]

Internet Connection - good idea, but you need many servers big_smile

For the last two things:
I thought this, too. But the LAN Party of the TWC was good planned anyway, but, actually, there at the moment only 2 guys who come to it.
For the other games I should announce this LAN party in the official forums of the other games, if you do this, this could be a good party.

Hey, AMN.

It's mysterious, I found a event organisation yesterday at the Leipziger exhibition grounds ;D

Yeah, I surely think, if the games convention is there next year, this would be a great idea.

Yeah a Teeworlds event at the games com or games convention would be just awesome. I thought about a moderation by pro players who play some high level games at the one side and also intodruce and present Teeworlds to new players, I am sure this would get 1000 new ones big_smile

Qi - high level gaming
qi.m0g.net

Stephanator wrote:

I am sure this would get 1000 new ones big_smile

1000?
Uhm, if you do the event at the games com: maybe. (but it would be surely more expensive than the gamesconvention)

There aren't not so much visitors at the gamesconvention nw, anyway, the most is going to the gamescom.

In my opinion the gamesconvention would welcome such a idea. And the gamescom has enough ideas ;D

=> Better ask at the gamesconvention ;D

9 (edited by Lanta 2009-11-30 17:27:23)

KaiTee wrote:

Hey, AMN.

It's mysterious, I found a event organisation yesterday at the Leipziger exhibition grounds ;D

Yeah, I surely think, if the games convention is there next year, this would be a great idea.

Ok. So you've founded it.

I've opened their site, and their prizes for a stand are a bit high for an opensource community like us (for what we need, at least 17,900.00 EUR plus VAT LOL).
I'm emailing them, asking if they can host us. xD I really don't have 18.000 euros... tongue

I've emailed also GamesCom. That event is even bigger than GCO... Oo

An event like this could spread the Teeworlds message all around new players... and yeah, could be really useful. But we need the right place, where there are other players's players. A big game event... like these smile
That's why I've emailed them both xD

hehe, finally this topic made me creating an account here^^
so... i'll be next year at the gamescom, so would be great to visit a teeworlds stand there^^
i'm 15 years next year at gamecom... so i'll have to improve my english skills till then !!!!111 xD

I vote for placing Teeworlds in the 18+ corner.

Qi - high level gaming
qi.m0g.net

12 (edited by Lanta 2009-12-07 16:38:47)

Stephanator wrote:

I vote for placing Teeworlds in the 18+ corner.

xD
You will get a big [+1] for this. Teeworlds it's a real violent game... with dangerous weapons and a lot of blood.
And it's not suitable for children xD

By the way, Games Convention Online answered, and they are thinking about. I will post here when I'll have more news.
I'm waiting for GamesCom anwer but it seems they simply ignored it... -.-"
I've emailed also GameCon in Italy (NA), but I'll go lonely to show Teeworlds to the italian public. ^^

Yay! big_smile