Topic: Donations welcome!

From this moment, we are accepting donations to fund the expenses that are starting to pile up. The money will first and foremost be going to regaining the cost of past purchases, but we also aim to purchase a dedicated server and co-location services, in order for the website and the master server to run more smoothly.

The game will of course remain free, and we'll keep you updated on how the money is used. Any surplus will be kept in the account, in the event we need to make additional purchases or payments. You can survey the progress on donations in the Donations article under the Docs section.

We'd like to take this opportunity to extend a huge thanks for the great support you guys give us. It literally means everything for the project, and for us personally.

<3

Re: Donations welcome!

Nice, really should get a PayPal account going.

Good choice!

/me need a Paypal account now :>

aka oop²

Done (:

Know it's not much but I'll hope they'll fit in some how.

5 (edited by Nasenbär 2008-01-22 17:51:15)

i dont donate *ooop ooop*

I found this game yesterday. It's a fun little game at the moment, and I think this game has the potential to really go places!

With that said, I believe I shall be donating soon. This Friday or Saturday, after I get my next paycheck. I don't know how much yet. Might to small weekly chunks, or just one bigger chunk for now and do more as things get added to the game. We'll see hehe.

Oh, and could donors get bigger avatar size allowances? Like 100x100 instead of 60x60? 60x60 is painfully small IMO. wink

Innocent Hawk wrote:

I found this game yesterday. It's a fun little game at the moment, and I think this game has the potential to really go places!

With that said, I believe I shall be donating soon. This Friday or Saturday, after I get my next paycheck. I don't know how much yet. Might to small weekly chunks, or just one bigger chunk for now and do more as things get added to the game. We'll see hehe.

Oh, and could donors get bigger avatar size allowances? Like 100x100 instead of 60x60? 60x60 is painfully small IMO. wink

Glad to hear.

No. 60x60 is what you get, but you will get a donor badge. It's better to donate one large sum instead of several small. Each transaction looses a bit of money on the way.

matricks wrote:

It's better to donate one large sum instead of several small. Each transaction looses a bit of money on the way.

Gotcha. Now to figure out the currency exchange to Euros...

9 (edited by Stroganoff 2008-01-23 05:27:58)

Limber wrote:

Nice, really should get a PayPal account going.

A Paypal account is NOT required for using the Donate button. A Credit Card is fine, too.

"Pay with Credit Card or Log In"

Additionally, devs should cooperate with a trusted german fan to receive donations via common bank transfer because of the large german fanbase (due to GLL). The rising days of Paypal are over and almost no German has a CC.

yes common bank transfer will be nice
sry no cc, no paypal

I like Paypal for donations and such. I'm not going to hand over my credit card number or bank info unless this turns into a MMORPG that I have to pay monthly for. smile

Hurray for movement on the donate-o-matic! Go go dedicated server!

I have played this game now a few days and i have to say its awsome big_smile
So I decided to donate a bit...
I hope it will help big_smile

I was thinking of something...I can't pay with paypal,but I can by otherway (calling a special num or send message to this one.)
so is there another way to donate ?

This is your first and last meet with my gun...   R3ynolds--->Black Wolf.

14 (edited by jangs 2008-02-07 22:07:57)

R3ynolds wrote:

...so is there another way to donate ?

I got an idea, I'm not really willing do "donate" any money. But I could buy teewars t-shirt and similar products, for a higher price becouse of the profit you need smile

EDIT: Forgot to ask, is it possible sometime in the future?

*bump*

§3: Posting and replying

Make sure you keep your posts short, descriptive and to the point. Like any serious discussion forum, we do not allow bumping, double-posting or any kind of spamming. These offenses will most likely get you kicked out.

Check the forum rules plz ;]

aka oop²

I'm not going to bump it ;-)
But I think T-Shirt-Marketing is a very good idea and is going to spread teewars into the world for free.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

PrimeviL wrote:

§3: Posting and replying

Make sure you keep your posts short, descriptive and to the point. Like any serious discussion forum, we do not allow bumping, double-posting or any kind of spamming. These offenses will most likely get you kicked out.

Check the forum rules plz ;]

Woupps! Sorry, will do.
At least it was an honest bump and not a "say nothing to get higher without bumping" post wink

No probs jangs tongue

@Landil: check this!

aka oop²

20 (edited by PhilippOK 2008-02-27 20:41:05)

Dear Developer Team!
First of all id like to say "THANK YOU" for this beautiful, free, open source game! smile
So I wanted to help a little bit and say "thank you" not only with the help of words smile
But a problem occured.
Just a minute ago i tried to donate some money. But system didnt accept my credit card number. I dont know why, this card always worked. I live in Russain Federation, maybe this may cause problems? (by the way PayPal always disliked Russians). Im going to try tomorrow one more time.
But before I try, I want to ask: are you going to implement some new services for donations? Like WebMoney or something else?
Thank you very much one more time! smile

Ha-ha!! I did it! My donation was sent! You know, how i did it? I've registered in PayPal system and (oh my God!) it accepted my credit card number! smile

Ah, good to hear!

For those of you who can't seem to get PayPal to play nice, we did a successful test run of a direct bank transfer a while ago. KRD and matricks have more info.

Please note that we still prefer PayPal if it's possible -- it's a lot less hassle.

Was just going to post about that yesterday. I couldn't get the relevant PayPal pages to load up at all and I'm told I live in the European Union. Like PhillipOK says, they look like they like some nations less than others, even though they officially support them. Apparently they have fixed things for Slovenia since, though. I tried now and the registration page opened up properly and even let me pick my country from the list. cool

But yeah, Matricks was kind enough to come up with an alternative [a direct payment at the bank or, if they offer that option, an electronic banking deposit] after I asked him about it in the IRC channel. If anyone else has problems with PayPal or just doesn't have access to a credit card, I'm pretty sure he won't say no if you contact him. And I think the fees are a tiny bit lower that way as well. smile

why not putting an adsense ad to sponsor the game ?

Because we don't like ads smile