Topic: [SUGGESTION] New blocking tiles for the game layer

Hi, I did a quick search and found nothing, so I hope these ideas are fresh - sorry if they're not.

Team blocking tiles
Could you please consider team blocking tiles for the game layer. It would be cool if there were 2 new tiles (one red, one blue), the red tile allows the red team to pass, but blocks the blue. The blue tile allows the blue team to pass, but blocks the red. This would allow for some interesting new designs (gameflow) for CTF and TDM maps.

Non shot block tiles
It could be interesting to have tiles that block the players movement, but not any shots fired - like some sort of tee forcefield. Could allow a tee to shot and kill another (if in range), but not allow the other to chase.

Comments?

Re: [SUGGESTION] New blocking tiles for the game layer

I think this is what you're looking for

Bye.

Nice idea.

4 (edited by munyul 2009-07-11 16:48:08)

@dinosmoothie, thanks, but no - that is not what I am looking for.

That MOD has some nice ideas, but I am hoping to see these tiles within the standard game, not just in a MOD.

@Dev's, is something like this been considered for a future release?

eemh you want a patch file so you can use it on any mod, or just for a special mod?
(i wanna make it big_smile)

I think he means that it should be a built-in feature of the original teeworlds,
not a modification.
I think it is a nice idea, but in my opinion it should be a mod,
because not all people would like this idea,
and such modification are the sense of mods.

lxde wrote:

Do you honestly believe they all people like non-hookable tiles and death tiles? 0.4 didn't have either of those tiles, they were added in with 0.5, whether all people liked them or not.

If you look at all the official 0.5 maps, only one map uses the non-hookable and death tiles. So, with that said; I'm hoping the tiles that I have mentioned above are added in with a future release - and just like the non-hookable and death tiles, they'll only be added to a map where it actually makes sense!

munyul wrote:
lxde wrote:

Do you honestly believe they all people like non-hookable tiles and death tiles? 0.4 didn't have either of those tiles, they were added in with 0.5, whether all people liked them or not.

If you look at all the official 0.5 maps, only one map uses the non-hookable and death tiles. So, with that said; I'm hoping the tiles that I have mentioned above are added in with a future release - and just like the non-hookable and death tiles, they'll only be added to a map where it actually makes sense!

Yes, you're right with the fact that not all people do like non-hookable tiles etc.
I just think that team-blocking tiles are a more special feature, which changes the gameplay very much,
whereas non-hookable tiles and death tiles are more a side-feature, which doesn't affects gameplay so much.
If plain vanilla teeworlds has not so much features, it leaves more room for the ideas of mod developers.

But everyone has its his own opinion of that, and at the end it's the decision of the developers anyway,
wheter they would integrate the modification in the "original" game or not.