1 (edited by datag 2008-08-15 19:30:25)

Topic: [MOD] Survival

Hi there!

I just did a Survival-MOD which is pretty similar to Survival-Mode in other shooters. I know there is another Survival-MOD server running out there, but you'll not get the sources/binaries from the author (Edit: Someone told me that the author will release his Original-Survival MOD when it is finished. So you might wait until his release).

So I started a quick hack (~2 hours) and did a first working version. Tomorrow I will fine-tune (and test-play) my modification and release the 0.1 patch-file HERE.

Who is interested in getting this MOD? Do you have suggestions?

(I will just provide the patch-files; I will not compile it for any platform!)

"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." - Terry Pratchett -

2 (edited by datag 2008-09-15 20:06:06)

Re: [MOD] Survival

As promised here I provide my Survival-MOD patch-file:

Download: Survival-MOD 0.1.0 patchfile

Edit: Latest version 0.1.1 available here

It's just the first shot - so don't expect a bug-free or complete MOD. Please tell me what you think about it.

"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." - Terry Pratchett -

Is that actionscript? yikes

Looks interesting, though, keep it up! big_smile

I'll be smarter if you try to be nicer. (lol big_smile )

4 (edited by datag 2008-07-24 16:14:18)

Tee wrote:

Is that actionscript? yikes

Are you serious? It's simply a modification of the teeworlds-server, therefore it's written in C++

Tee wrote:

Looks interesting, though, keep it up!

Maybe someone posts (or links to) a little howto applying the patch-file. I won't smile

datag, you are my hero smile

catpaw wrote:

datag, you are my hero smile

Hehe, thank you smile Are you gonna testing it?

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.15) Gecko/20080702 Ubuntu/8.04 (hardy) Firefox/2.0.0.15

That was you, right? wink

patch -p1 < patchfile
if($poster["intelligence"] == $intelligence["idiot"])
        deny_post($poster);

how do i use this code?

_|---------------------------------------|_
  |Skins StudioPaw Steam Icon Graphics |

Use what code?

if($poster["intelligence"] == $intelligence["idiot"])
        deny_post($poster);

10 (edited by datag 2008-07-25 12:20:12)

101kl wrote:

how do i use this code?

The file you can see is a patch-file (diff-file). It contains the differences between the original teeworlds-0.4.2 sources and my Survival-modification.

These are the steps you have to do to get your Survival MOD working:
1) Download and untar (unpack) the teeworlds-sources
2) Download and unzip the teeworlds build-system "bam", which is needed to build the sources
3) Build the bam-utility
4) Change into teeworlds-source directory (or 1 directory above) and apply the patch with the "patch"-utility (Roanoke posted how to do this)
5) Build the teeworlds-survival-mod as you would do it with the original sources, e.g. "bam server_release"
6) Finished, your now have a "teeworlds_srv[.exe]" which is the Survival-MOD. You can now create a new config-file for it and run "teeworlds_srv -f survival.cfg"

If this information is not sufficient for anyone please search the forum and docs-section for general build-instructions and how to apply patches (maybe look at other MODs like Instagib).

Any questions left?

Maybe someone builds the binaries for Windows/Linux/Mac and posts it here for people who don't want to build it on their own.

datag wrote:
101kl wrote:

how do i use this code?

The file you can see is a patch-file (diff-file). It contains the differences between the original teeworlds-0.4.2 sources and my Survival-modification.

These are the steps you have to do to get your Survival MOD working:
1) Download and untar (unpack) the teeworlds-sources
2) Download and unzip the teeworlds build-system "bam", which is needed to build the sources
3) Build the bam-utility
4) Change into teeworlds-source directory (or 1 directory above) and apply the patch with the "patch"-utility (Roanoke posted how to do this)
5) Build the teeworlds-survival-mod as you would do it with the original sources, e.g. "bam server_release"
6) Finished, your now have a "teeworlds_srv[.exe]" which is the Survival-MOD. You can now create a new config-file for it and run "teeworlds_srv -f survival.cfg"

If this information is not sufficient for anyone please search the forum and docs-section for general build-instructions and how to apply patches (maybe look at other MODs like Instagib).

Any questions left?

Maybe someone builds the binaries for Windows/Linux/Mac and posts it here for people who don't want to build it on their own.

Lol. i think I'll give it a miss...

|Skins StudioPaw Steam Icon Graphics |

101kl wrote:

Lol. i think I'll give it a miss...

This patch is thought for people who are aware of applying patches to the original sources and for building them (as described in teeworlds/docs/CompilingEverything). Someone may use this as a base for his own MOD (as already happend).

People who don't know what this all is about may wait till someone releases a binary (or wait until daniel releases his survival-MOD).

can´t u upload this teeworlds_srv, can u? Then we can download this thing easy
sry for bad english(german)

Sry for my bad english I'm just 15^^

Thomas wrote:

can´t u upload this teeworlds_srv, can u? Then we can download this thing easy

Sry no, I won't. As I said here:

datag wrote:

(I will just provide the patch-files; I will not compile it for any platform!)

If you want to just "download" the binary, you either compile the mod yourself (i wrote an instruction) or you just wait till someone uploads his binary for a specific platform. (Besides I would only be able to compile a linux-x86_64 binary, and I guess this won't help you.)

datag can you make the whole mod for me pls  ?
such a thing like teeworlds_svr

my icq number 462733359
you can write me datag

« Owner of Teesites.net
« Domination Mod "Developer"
« Uptee Designer

where i can download the teeworlds build-system "bam",

« Owner of Teesites.net
« Uptee Designer

Fisico wrote:

where i can download the teeworlds build-system "bam",

http://teeworlds.com/files/bam.zip

Everything is explained on
http://www.teeworlds.com/?page=docs& … Everything

and here is an alternative build-howto
http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1912

I've updated this mod, changelog is included in the patchfile.

Patchfile: Survival MOD 0.1.1

Binary for linux-x86_64: teeworlds_srv

It would be very nice if at the end of the round you could see kills and damage dealt by each player.

What should you put into the config file? Just standard CTF stuff or what?

Ubuntu Member
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. - Lord Acton

Hellow wrote:

What should you put into the config file? Just standard CTF stuff or what?

standard TDM stuff

b0rsuk wrote:

It would be very nice if at the end of the round you could see kills and damage dealt by each player.

Did you play the mod? Hm, could be displayed as server-chat msg. If you want to you can do it smile

datag you are a very friendly man but why you dont make a     exe.file??????
because nobody understand this whit the patch plz make a file.exe

« Owner of Teesites.net
« Uptee Designer

this is would be to much work for just a few days or 1 week till 0.5.0 is release and then the patch file is kinda useless because then u have to w8 again

when the version 0.5.0 is release?
Is it thrue that than all maps and mods are useless?

« Owner of Teesites.net
« Uptee Designer