1 (edited by ps-z 2008-06-18 12:14:34)

Topic: Wishlist (What We Need)

Wishlist:
---
1.) Private Message System (/msg [id|name] <message>)
2.) Vote System (/vote [kick|map] [id|name])
3.) Ban System (/ban [id|name] <duration> <reason> (Durations are: minutes/hours/days/weeks/years (for example: 1m, 1h, 2d, 2w))
4.) Add "move" command to be used via rcon & console (This command will move a player to a team, for example: move 2 r, move 3 blue)**
5.) Add "include" command to be used via rcon & console (This command will include your .cfg files... etc, and can be used in .cfg files too...)***
6.) Add InstaGib mode into the new version (sv_instagib [1|0])
7.) Copy & Paste (Control + C & Control + V) should work. (idea from toni)

** "move" command
Function: Move a player to the specified team.
Syntax: move [id|name] [r|b|s]

*** "include" command
Function: Include a config files via rcon & console.
Syntax: include <path-to-your-config-file>

include command in .cfg files:
[main.cfg]
sv_name My 0.4.* Server!
sv_motd Welcome to my Server!
sv_max_clients 12

[ctf.cfg]
include main.cfg
sv_gametype ctf
sv_map ctf2

[tdm.cfg]
include main.cfg
sv_gametype tdm
sv_map dm2

The OS X Guy

Re: Wishlist (What We Need)

5.) Add "say" command to be used via rcon & console (This command will help you to communicate from console)***

Already exists

8.) Fix the CTF "... Captured the flag" broadcast (because I'm using Instagib 1.1 and it is not working.)

No support for mods, if they dont work, dont use them.

9.) Fix the "Killing Spree" Bug (It is counting the teamkills too)

Again, no support for mods.

Also, look @ http://trac.teeworlds.com/trac/report/1 smile

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

maybe ctrl+c and ctrl+v should work

toni wrote:

maybe ctrl+c and ctrl+v should work

erm.. yes forget tongue

The OS X Guy

+1 for copy&paste support.

bam: WARNING:'src/game/server/gamemodes/mod.cpp' comes from the future

Include is also implemented, but for some strange reason it is called exec, and I dont think copypasta is a good idea. Get original guys tongue
Also i dont know if 'move' is worth it. If someone misbehaves, just kick him.

We will meet again when the flowers spread their glorious scent of victory and the birds sing us the melody of justice...

Why should c&p be a bad idea? For example it would be much easier to just paste some ip:port into the text box...

bam: WARNING:'src/game/server/gamemodes/mod.cpp' comes from the future

You can already change a player's team.
set_team ID TEAM
Mods should not be included in the original version.

if($poster["intelligence"] == $intelligence["idiot"])
        deny_post($poster);

hmm...a beacon would be cool that appears if you don't move after 8 seconds...so everyone can see the camper wink

yea ... so campers will learn a new skill ... move 2 pixels to the left/right every 4 seconds, sounds cool

We will meet again when the flowers spread their glorious scent of victory and the birds sing us the melody of justice...

11 (edited by Roanoke 2008-06-22 22:07:59)

So then make it so that if the person does not move at least x pixels activate the beacon.
Edit: I'd love to ban someone for 10 years!

deny_post($poster);

Yea so they will move x+1 pixels, brilliant idea. Also what the fuck would a beacon be good for ? Plus go die Roanoke and stop spamming my posts. Get original or go die.

13 (edited by Captain AMN 2008-06-23 12:58:04)

torch wrote:

Plus go die Roanoke and stop spamming my posts. Get original or go die.

big_smile

It's off-topic, but i don't give a fuck about campers. Everybody can play as he pleases as long he doesn't block race maps and doesn't TK.

If there are some b00n campers i'm fine with it. Staying targets are easier to hit than some running victims.

My Wish: Clan system.
Edit: And of course Clan ladders!

*** JUSTICE ALWAYS WINS ***

14 (edited by catpaw 2008-06-23 14:48:48)

Campers is a nice way to play the game.

I find it very troublesome that people need to tell other people how they want them to play the game.

And actually people just hate campers, because camping as well defending can, if you do it well, be very effective and a great addition to the successrate of your team.

/me is a camper for life. And I love it when I shoot the same person the 10th time when hopping into say the ship on pirates level, how they start arguing verbally, that my playing style is uncool. And they tell me, they can't understand how I'm having fun, and I should stop doing this, because "they want me to have fun" (How lovely, noting nothing about their problems to access my teams flag because of me). bla. bla. I have fun, and it can be pretty effective.

lol, its easier to kill campers than noobs with hammers...

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

When they are so easy to kill, why are people crying for software """fixes""" to disable them?

catpaw wrote:

When they are so easy to kill, why are people crying for software """fixes""" to disable them?

Replace ppl with b00ns

*** JUSTICE ALWAYS WINS ***

18 (edited by smartalco 2008-06-24 05:46:40)

would saying 'PPC Mac support' not fit in this thread? (it seems to be more in game improvements, but dangit, I haven't been able to play in 6 weeks because of the lack of support sad )

I could attempt to compile the current mac source and post the error log here, if they are simple enough errors I could probably troubleshoot some of them (I doubt it though, my coding experience is pretty limited, my biggest knowledge is in AS, only very minor knowledge of C related stuff)

a mod system would be cool.
so atm, you've to manually patch the server version (like the football/handball mod does) and have to manually compile the whole game.

So...it would be cool if there would be a mod system, where you simple load in a .patch file and then, the game compiles a new server, saves it into a special directory and...yeah then you can use it for creating a server.

GUI for creating/controling a server.
so...you can say what server file will be used (because of mods) and make all settings.
Would be cool...yea it is not that hard to setup a server config...but for some ppl it is too hard (no I'm not showing at a mirror atm wink)

A Website where teeworlds mods can be uploaded and downloaded...there are a few mods...and I would love to see them all on one website wink
(maybe you could create it on this website/server? so the URL would be something like
http://mods.teeworlds.com
or
http://teeworlds.com/mods

For every mod there is a single entry and a short text which describes the mod and maybe one or two screenshots

just my 2 cent

@torch:
You are not too clear on what spamming is. And seriously? "Go die"? That's original. As you said "How 'bout you don't change something you clearly don't understand?" Replace "change" with "talk about" and you have a ,quote that is usable here.
@destructor2:
For a mod system:
That can already be done with a few extra command line commands.
For a GUI:
No, this would add extra weight to the download and doesn't accomplish anything. It is not that hard to type a few lines.
For a mod website:
Yeah, I've already suggested this, didn't generate a good reaction though. Lots of people lost interest.

deny_post($poster);

@Roanoke:
sry, maybe i was a bit ... too raw towards u, but what I wrote is the truth. After I answered ur post about the name changing, or what it was ... all u did was searched all my posts and started flaming. ( my map, my suggestions for the guy who is often faked ... ). Also I dont get what I dont understand here ? IMHO a beacon is a bad idea, I explained why. Its not on me to decide, I just said my opinion. Also just a suggestion fer u: try to be more specific in ur questions, and dont act like u invented this whole fucking world!

What are you talking about? If you notice, I gave the pertinent part of my code. Do you want me to post my whole gs_server.cpp? If you bother to look, you can see that no one still answered, so posting more code was a large waste of time. That was as specific as I could/needed to have been, so please tell me how I act like I invented this world.

deny_post($poster);

For example you think you have to be given the answer for your (stupid) questions. Devs have better things to do, and all your questions are unclear.

it gives no stupid questions, only stupid answers wink

How bout we stop now and dont spam this and other topics. In the future just ignore me and my posts and Ill try to do the same. Good luck with whatever u want to do, just dont answer.