1 (edited by azmeuk 2008-06-12 12:18:51)

Topic: Staying specator when map changes

Hello World
If I'm spectator and the actual round ends, I'll be spectator again at the next round on the same map, but if an other map is loaded I'll automatically be set in a team. I think it should not. Sometimes, when I have things to do, I go spectator instead of disconnect, but if the map changes, as I'm afk I prevent a new player to join the game.
I hope admins will read this topic, and why not, answer me...

edit: I have made a mistake in the thread title, it would be nice if a moderator could correct it smile

edit²: By the way, it would be nice too if we could join a full server as a spectator.

Play ctf_fall if you dare!

Re: Staying specator when map changes

+1

if($poster["intelligence"] == $intelligence["idiot"])
        deny_post($poster);

+1

+1

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

But if u join a full server, the server must send data to u.
So the server would lame after a short while. Oo
Or am I wrong with this?

6 (edited by Reaper 2008-06-12 15:13:13)

@Appleten: the server wouldn't lame because you ca configure how many specators can come in! sv_specator_slots x (x = number of spectators)

topic:
+1

ima charhgin ma lazerz!!1
SHOOP DA WHOOOOP!!!!!!11

Of corse it would be lame. The max player limit is up to 12.
So if 12 players are on the server, no one can join at this time.
If the maximal player number getting higher server would be lame.

For example:
12 active players + 3 spectators means, that the host must send up to 15people Oo. I think this ins´t possible.

It is. And it wouldn't be lame. Actually if twelve players join a server and all go to spectator, then twelve other player can join and play. If you a a good enough connexion to host a server, there are not two or three spectators that will make you server be lame...

Very well, so ignor my posts ._.

azmeuk wrote:

By the way, it would be nice too if we could join a full server as a spectator.

This would be useful especially when considering the fact that there are quite many clans which make matches and clanwars.
Having somebody who can record a 6vs6 as a spectator would be great, cause in the end it is all about fun and editing a nice video about a match would be very pleasing lol

12 players + 12 specs would be kick-ass big_smile

*** JUSTICE ALWAYS WINS ***

Something else that would be nice is an option, or any stuff that allows a spectator to follow a player. I mean the spectator would have the same "camera" than a player...

azmeuk wrote:

Something else that would be nice is an option, or any stuff that allows a spectator to follow a player. I mean the spectator would have the same "camera" than a player...

That´s a bit offtopic here, a thread should stick to what the first post is about.

As for the idea, I´m pretty sure it has been discussed, and my guess is that it´s already planned (just not priority).