Topic: some suggestions

i have some suggestions
more weapons: rocket launcher, grenade launcher with bouncing grenades, plasmagun ...
more powerups: speed, fly, long&fast&powerfull Hook, powershield, health regeneration ...
water, lava, teleporters,   portals or "infinite" maps
stairs, ramps, curves
more console commands: bind, say, say_team, writeconfig, exec config ........

Re: some suggestions

extee wrote:

i have some suggestions
more weapons: rocket launcher, grenade launcher with bouncing grenades, plasmagun ...
more powerups: speed, fly, long&fast&powerfull Hook, powershield, health regeneration ...
water, lava, teleporters,   portals or "infinite" maps
stairs, ramps, curves
more console commands: bind, say, say_team, writeconfig, exec config ........

Weapons: A weapon has to fill a purpose. None of those that you give does.
Powerups: Have been discussed but no definite answers or ideas yet. We like to stay away from the classical stuff on this one.
New tiles: Hurt, kill and non-hookable tiles will make it into the game quite soon. Ramps and curves has been discussed and will be introduced at some point probably. Teleports/portals etc is under discussion if we should have them or not.
Commands: Bind, say, say_team and exec exists today. writeconfig doesn't, easy fix however.

Thanks for the feedback Matricks, I'll enjoy the tiles in the upcoming version or subversion.

No, that is not me; it's just a figment of your imagination.

Hmm, may I suggest a sticky thread for small suggestions? Cause I hvae an idea that I don't think merits much discussion, but I still think it would be good. Anyway, I´ll post it here for now since the headline suits it.

I´d like to see the mapname displayed somewhere when playing on a map, or on several places. Like, say, when it´s downloaded and somewhere on the scoreboard. Why? Well, I wanna know what map I´m playing on so I can go to the map part of the forum to give feedback. Right now I can only know what map is on a server at the time I join it, and after a rotation I´m clueless.

you can already do lava sort of, if you have played teesmash and hookfight you'll
know what i am talking about, if you just put a custom lava tile over that that well... its lava

[Lazor-vice] Y3K

what about adding some checksum to the game, so that it can check if the game was build by user? its actually bit too easy to implement some stuff like aimbot to the game and other *usefull* addons..

aopst wrote:

what about adding some checksum to the game, so that it can check if the game was build by user? its actually bit too easy to implement some stuff like aimbot to the game and other *usefull* addons..

That doesn't help at all. It's easier to go around that check then writing the aimbot.

i just find tune options. its all great. but i need soe more smile
can ypu add following options?
tune field_of_view, number_of_aerojupms, number_of_grenades_bouncing, grenade_offset, grenade_ground_friction (in the case of bouncing), knockback and firerate for all weapons, knockback_radius (for GL), nindzya speed, distance and firerate
i think you need to place all tune options in something like moy_pezdatiy_mod.cfg in dir data/modes
or separate files like in q4 - weapons.cfg, powerups.cfg, player.cfg, items.cfg in folder data/modes/moy_pezdatiy_mod or data/modes/moy_pezdatiy_mod.pak
and add - callvote mode moy_pezdatiy_mod
and other callvote options like kick, timelimit, fraglimit, map, .....

and new hud! with numerical health and armor or posibility for custom huds
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/781/teehudzg0.th.jpg
console commands autocompletion
demorecording

make angular speed of cursor constant or add some options to customize it

i like my following cfg, but i need 110% size of current FOV

server_cfg wrote:

sv_name eXtee DM Server
sv_gametype dm
sv_map dm2
sv_maprotation dm2 dm6
sv_max_clients 8
sv_scorelimit 20
sv_register 0 //1
sv_warmup 5 //1
sv_powerups 1
sv_port 8303
sv_high_bandwidth 1 //0
sv_motd Welcome to the eXtee World Server

tune ground_fnction 0.8 //0.5
tune air_fnction 0.95
tune velramp_start 550
tune velramp_range 2000
tune velramp_curvature 1.4
tune ground_control_speed 13 //10
tune air_control_speed 8 //5
tune ground_control_accel 7 //2
tune air_control_accell 5 //1.5
tune ground_jump_impulse 18.5 //12.60
tune air_jump_impulse 18 //11.5
tune hook_length 550 //380
tune hook_fire_speed 120 //80
tune hook_drag_accel 6 //3
tune hook_drag_speed 20 //15
tune gravity 1 //0.5
tune gun_curvature 1.25
tune gun_speed 2800 //2200
tune gun_hfetime 2
tune shotgun_speed 2800 //2200
tune shotgun_hfetime 0.25
tune shotgun_curvature 1.25
tune shotgun_speeddiff 0.8
tune grenade_curvature 5 //7
tune grenade_speed 1400 //1000
tune grenade_hfetime 2
tune laser_reach 1100 //800
tune laser_bounce_delay 50 //150
tune laser_bounce_num 1
tune laser_bounce_cost 0
tune laser_bounce_damage 5

To be honest, I don't want any large additions like more powerups and too 'exotic' weapons to teeworlds. I like this game because it's funny and simple, and I guess that's why the most people like this game, so please don't change too much...!

my two cents, dotty smile

ftp://dotty.homeunix.net
user/pass=teeworlds

10 (edited by Mat 2008-03-29 20:43:25)

did u playd Soldat? in this game ppl kick other ppl by voting, because of:
1)U are noob
2)we are duelling here
3)u are too godly for us
4)i dont like ur name/face/ass/haircut
5)we are just like to kick some asses :\
etc...

but i need 110% size of current FOV

FOV changing will change gameplay... but will it be better... i dunno :L

dotty wrote:

don't change too much...!

+1

extee wrote:

i just find tune options. its all great. but i need soe more smile
can ypu add following options?
tune field_of_view, number_of_aerojupms, number_of_grenades_bouncing, grenade_offset, grenade_ground_friction (in the case of bouncing), knockback and firerate for all weapons, knockback_radius (for GL), nindzya speed, distance and firerate
i think you need to place all tune options in something like moy_pezdatiy_mod.cfg in dir data/modes
or separate files like in q4 - weapons.cfg, powerups.cfg, player.cfg, items.cfg in folder data/modes/moy_pezdatiy_mod or data/modes/moy_pezdatiy_mod.pak
and add - callvote mode moy_pezdatiy_mod

and new hud! with numerical health and armor or posibility for custom huds
console commands autocompletion
demorecording

make angular speed of cursor constant or add some options to customize it

i like my following cfg, but i need 110% size of current FOV

Many of these you suggest are to make mods which I won't waste time on doing. I already got a lot of work to do on teeworlds and I will only spend my time to do Teeworlds and make that a great game. If someone wants to make a mod, sure, go ahead but I will not spend any of my time on it. All the tuning stuff that is there were only there because I needed it when we balanced the game. It might even be removed to some extent in the future when I redo the tuning / netobj / content compiler.

EDIT: btw, you can't change the fov. The server is depentent to know what in what extent the client can see so it can remove a lot of information before sending it to the client, i.e. reduce bandwidth usage.

To be honest, I don't want any large additions like more powerups and too 'exotic' weapons to teeworlds. I like this game because it's funny and simple, and I guess that's why the most people like this game, so please don't change too much...!

Well, you are just named 1 of reasons, why developers must not show early versions of zeir projects to people wink.

Don't try to catch the Night !
Useless simplifications is worst enemy of simplicity. (C)

another tiny suggestion:
It would be nice with some visual representation of the delay between possible ninja attacks. You could use the magic shimmer around it for instance. Could be less stars swirling around just after and attack, and they could get many again at the exact time when you are able to attack again.

Hello, this is my first post here. When I saw this thread I just registered to post my thoughts about the game. Everything is perfect except one thing: some kind of a list of weapons I have collected and have ammo for it. Maybe it's an old habit from fpps but I would be a nice to have an option like from console like cg_drawWeaponList.

Hope you like my idea.