Topic: Strange minimizing

Hi,

I tried to file a bug in the trac, but it seems to be read-only. Anyway: Since I updated to the newest ATI drivers I encounter a strange behaviour on Linux. Sometimes the program just minimizes and after that, it crashes. My first thought was that there was some keybinding that might just minimize the window. There was no shortcut I could have pressed to minimize as the shortcuts are disabled (rightly so). It does not seem to be a key-related problem, because sometimes it just minimizes without me pressing any keys (I was playing the no-gravity-mod, so there are not so much keypressess neccessary anyway). What does seem to make a difference is the server. It seems to happen only on some servers (Teeworlds.Net FFA for example), but the tuning or mod do not seem to make a difference.

This is happening on Teewaars 0.3.4 and Teeworlds 0.4.{0,1}. I used both your x86_64 build as well as the Gentoo ebuild on amd64. On the other hand it does not sound like a ATI specific problem because I heard some friend on mine had the same problem but with Intel drivers. It might not even be a display-driver problem at all. It you guys want the stdout & stderr of a session where I got kicked off - I can send you one.

Besides that - the game is addictive. Keep up the great work!

2 (edited by ziltoide 2008-03-27 08:47:55)

Re: Strange minimizing

I think I have the same problem. I'm also running Linux but with an Nvidia graphic card, Teeworlds version 0.4.1. No idea whether this is of any help but I get this in the terminal after it crashes:

X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
  Major opcode of failed request:  42 (X_SetInputFocus)
  Serial number of failed request:  122527
  Current serial number in output stream:  122528

EDIT: I played the game windowed instead of full screen and it didn't minimize or crash. Could still be a coincidence but maybe that's a quick fix.

3 (edited by Leonidas 2008-03-28 21:02:08)

It might be screensaver-related. I'm testing this right now.

Edit: Ok, it *is* screensaver related. Teeworlds should disable the screensaver.

Thanks for the debugging. I'll look into it.