1 (edited by HipHopBlond 2011-06-17 17:35:27)

Topic: [COMMUNITY SUPPORT] Everything about TeeWorlds [0.6.0]

I don't have the time to keep this topic updated as I graduated high school and now I will study in a university and work meanwhile. I barely have the time to check out the forum /talking bout playing...

The topic is handed to Apmox and shall be merged with his support topic in a matter of hours. From now on he is the owner of it and the files database. He shall continue to keep it updated for you like he always does.

This topic will be deleted in a few days.

Link to the new one

Thanks for your understanding. /hhb sad

2 (edited by Tee Killa 2011-04-16 19:56:42)

Re: [COMMUNITY SUPPORT] Everything about TeeWorlds [0.6.0]

This is damn awesome! Very nice work! smile

//edit: Hey smile There is even some stuff made by myself! big_smile

» Use the Search Function before opening multiple topics...
» Member of: JsA - Just stay Alloha! (since 2009)

3 (edited by HipHopBlond 2011-04-17 15:17:23)

Tee Killa wrote:

Hey smile There is even some stuff made by myself! big_smile

Well as I'm trying to provide something like a download center, I'm sorry, but I can't provide credits for everyone.

Hip-Hop_BLOND wrote:

(Credits will stay simple)

That wasn't meant negative in any way. I was just happy, that an art made by me, made it into your collection. wink

» Use the Search Function before opening multiple topics...
» Member of: JsA - Just stay Alloha! (since 2009)

Good Stuff!
It's really useful, I just can say: Great Job smile!

Dude, how much time did you need?

Stay wild big_smile

He said: 8 hours past night. But I'm sure he cheated, he must have done one or two breaks :D

Not Luck, Just Magic.

8 (edited by DARK HUNTER 2011-04-16 22:49:29)

Nice...I like it: All info at one place.

Vote for sticky! smile

Or as Bee would say:Apply teh glue

Once in a century...

Whats about getting an order for the download links? ^^
Good job

10 (edited by Bee 2011-04-16 22:07:52)

The only thing I'm confused about is the "Downloads:" section. I don't think you need all of that... New members might start drooling from brain overload a quarter way though. But, then again, a "Everything about TeeWorlds" topic is going to be big so just as something think about, try to cut anything that doesn't add substantially to the topic. wink

I think every link should have a brief explanation as to why new members should click it. Them: "Why is this relevant to me? You: "Well, I'll tell ya!" type thing. It would help them mentally know that it is important than it, for some reason, is important.

I would also combine the the "Downloads Support:" with their corresponding "Downloads:", for reasons mentioned above.

But in all, I'm happy that you took the time and effort into compiling such a grand task. yikes Props to you, boy! And extra stars for including my topic. ;D [+1]
(I vote for stickification!)

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

i like it, good job ^_^

12 (edited by HipHopBlond 2011-04-18 00:54:34)

Slayer *gV* wrote:

Good job

Skorpion wrote:

i like it, good job ^_^

Tee Killa wrote:

This is damn awesome! Very nice work!

Azuma.*! wrote:

Good Stuff! It's really useful, I just can say: Great Job !

Elite Tee wrote:

Nice...I like it: All info at one place.

Vote for sticky!

Or as Bee would say: Apply the glue

Bee wrote:

But in all, I'm happy that you took the time and effort into compiling such a grand task.  Props to you, boy! And extra stars for including my topic. ;D [+1]
(I vote for stickification!)

Appreciated!

Thanks to you guys, (and everyone who voted [+]) Landil "stickified" the topic. big_smile / I was secretly hoping for that ^,^ Thank You!

Tee Killa wrote:

That wasn't meant negative in any way. I was just happy, that an art made by me, made it into your collection. wink

I know Killa and I'm sure there will be more arts made by you in the future, but I had to point this out so ppl don't get angry about it in the future. Now-Now some will be happy and glad they're helping out, some will be angry I "stole" their work, but they should all understand that if I try to give Exact credits for everything to everyone, this topic will get 3 times bigger big_smile and my point is just the opposite, I'm thinking of cutting off a few lines.

Var TNB wrote:

Dude, how much time did you need?

That's not really important now, is it? It's all well when it ends well. tongue /I'm not done yet.

Dune wrote:

He said: 8 hours past night. But I'm sure he cheated, he must have done one or two breaks big_smile

Yah... I wish they were 8 big_smile

Slayer *gV* wrote:

What about getting an order for the download links? ^^

You should really check out how they look on the server where I can't arrange them.

Bee wrote:

The only thing I'm confused about is the "Downloads:" section. I don't think you need all of that... New members might start drooling from brain overload a quarter way though. But, then again, a "Everything about TeeWorlds" topic is going to be big so just as something think about, try to cut anything that doesn't add substantially to the topic.

I think every link should have a brief explanation as to why new members should click it. Them: "Why is this relevant to me? You: "Well, I'll tell ya!" type thing. It would help them mentally know that it is important than it, for some reason, is important.

I would also combine the "Downloads Support:" with their corresponding "Downloads:", for reasons mentioned above.

I believe new members viewing this topic would have already played the game and would understand at least 2/3 of it, and yes the point is to point out everything still alive and helpful for TW 0.6.0. I will cut off a few lines, but not as much as you think. I think it says very well why should they visit it on the link, trying to keep it simple, right? wink

I was thinking of combining Downloads with Download Support, but then again it'll brake the structure and the beautiful folder tree  big_smile, once I cut off my quotation and a few more lines it will get shorter and better for the eye

*UPDATE*

I've added enough files to fill every folder so far and it's going good for now, I won't stop searching and uploading. The next update is next weekend, 'till then feel free to send whatever you have on a PM.
Thank You!

So far things look like this:

http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad111/hiphopblond123/FilesStatus.jpg
http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad111/hiphopblond123/Folders.jpg

[0.6.0] Compatible

Elite Tee wrote:

Hey,dunno if u done it already but...Can you upload jeppo's templates. I know he's site is down,but some content was salvaged.

Here it is: ...

Ok, I'm sure I wrote at least 3 times:

Hip-Hop_BLOND wrote:

Send the files via PM, so we keep the topic clean.

but then again nobody likes reading that much.

Elite Tee, the files have already been added, it's an old application that uses the first image so I've added it to Applications, but it was missing the other images since they were created later, I've remade the Archive with the new images you provided and re-uploaded it, thx.

Please clear out your post and have ^that in mind next time before posting!

Thx again for the provided content.

14 (edited by Sushi Tee 2011-04-17 18:03:30)

You should remove all the stuff which is outdated like the demo recording tutorial or all the particles pictures...

@Elite Tee: The game.png thingy  posted is wrong... the ninja is more left... also the hammerhit is missing on the particles thingy wink

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

for your maps, should you steal from the map pack that had 700 maps?

It was somewhere in the forums

16 (edited by DARK HUNTER 2011-04-18 22:02:50)

@ Sushi Tee
1. About the ninja...It's not my fault. Jeppo's mistake
2. What do you mean particle is missing? Look at there three,they're all the same:
http://images.sevstar.net/images/381383 … 015464.png
http://images.sevstar.net/images/937842 … 982176.png
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff30 … mplate.png
So what is missing?

{EDIT}Someone's gotta update those templates{EDIT}

@ Franchan (s)he isn't stealing! (S)he's focusing everything on one topic so YOU don't have to go on 100 different sides to find what ur looking for.

Landil wrote:

we need a teewiki!

No we don't! smile smile We have it right here. big_smile
Kidding. Don't take it serious! We need it.

btw: Maybe you should add Apmox! to the "Sincerely" section
Sincerely,
Hip-Hop_BLOND and
Apmox!

Once in a century...

Elite Tee wrote:

2. What do you mean particle is missing? Look at there three,they're all the same:
http://images.sevstar.net/images/381383 … 015464.png
http://images.sevstar.net/images/937842 … 982176.png
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff30 … mplate.png
So what is missing?

In 0.6 is an animation when you hit someone with the hammer and this particle is missing.

They mean this particle image: like, omg, click meh!!
It was newly added to the 0.6.0 release so that's why there hasn't been one uploaded until now. tongue

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

19 (edited by HipHopBlond 2011-04-18 19:49:13)

Sushi Tee wrote:

You should remove all the stuff which is outdated like the demo recording tutorial or all the particles pictures...

@Elite Tee: The game.png thingy  posted is wrong... the ninja is more left... also the hammerhit is missing on the particles thingy wink

All the tutorials are checked and they are still correct and helpful.

I will remove the game.png in and replace the particles thingie with the one provided by Bee /thanks Bee/ and will remove the old particles (didn't knew there were changes in the new release) /thanks again Bee/ and will add only the default for now, if I see any "pimped" once I'll add 'em too.

Franchan wrote:

for your maps, should you steal from the map pack that had 700 maps?

It was somewhere in the forums

Ok you want to tell me to upload the map packs? No! I'm uploading only maps I see on 0.6.0 servers, sorry, if I wanted to do that then I could easily uploaded kottizen's 7000 maps, but instead I've just added a link for them, look in the download support, let's not forget they are not all 0.6.0 compatible.

Elite Tee wrote:

She isn't stealin

OFFTOPIC:  hahahaha XDDD How many years do you need to realise I'm a boy? XD
Elite Tee wrote:

btw: Maybe you should add Apmox! to the "Sincerely" section
Sincerely,
Hip-Hop_BLOND and
Apmox!

Don't stick your nose in other ppl's business, I should have worked with him on this, but it turns out we don't agree on the same subject and I've done everything by myself, He just provided the intro Logo and the folder Images, that's why I added him to credits!

AwayD wrote:

In 0.6 is an animation when you hit someone with the hammer and this particle is missing.

I was sure something was missing in 'em, thx to you and bee it's all clear now.

Bee wrote:

They mean this particle image: ...
It was newly added to the 0.6.0 release so that's why there hasn't been one uploaded until now.

Yup, pretty much, only the official will be added for now, other thing will be added to the templates

*UPDATE*

• Re-checked all Tutorials everything is OK, helpful and needed! /Sushi Tee

• Fixed the Intro Image! /Spell Mistake /Thx Apmox

• Added and arranged the best 40 videos to the TeeWorlds Videos Links to the Youtube Playlist!

• Fixed the program with the templates and all! (still needs a game template) /Thx Bee

• Removed all the old particles! /Sushi Tee

• Uploaded default (official) stuff for every folder!

• Uploaded more videos!

• Some more uploads

http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad111/hiphopblond123/Server.jpg
http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad111/hiphopblond123/FolderTree.jpg

OFFTOPIC: I'm done with the next update till next weekend, Must setup some 0.6.0 servers 
finally, too much school, big tests, workouts and I really need to get my life back! xD

smile *And a Cheer* smile

hip-hop_BLOND wrote:

Don't stick your nose in other ppl's business, I should have worked with him on this, but it turns out we don't agree on the same subject and I've done everything by myself, He just provided the intro Logo and the folder Images, that's why I added him to credits!

Sticking my nose in your business, I would say Apmox did the greatest part of the work, means the idea, the topic, the logo and other icons; you were supposed to help him collecting the data and you finally release the post under your unique name, relegating Apmox to "Credits".

I don't want to enter into childish conversations, but what you did is really a shame. You could at least say write a line about what he did.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

21 (edited by HipHopBlond 2011-04-18 17:26:13)

Read now, and read thorough!

Dune wrote:

I would say Apmox did the greatest part of the work

Ok, let me leave you a few images and delete everything else, see how the greatest part of the work suits you.

Dune wrote:

the idea

Mine! Long before he even combined everything in a mod list topic using MY combined links!

Dune wrote:

the topic

Mine! I've worked too much on this, the idea was I to make the topic and keep the server stuff updated and HE to post it (once I've created it anyways) because here everyone hates me, but there's nothing in common with his mods topic so he didn't agree... fine by me.

Dune wrote:

You were supposed to help him collecting the data and you finally release the post under your unique name, relegating Apmox to "Credits".

I don't know who you're getting your information from, but that's 100% false, everything is uploaded and maintained by me under my acc, the post is under my unique name , CUZ I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO WORKED HERE mad mad mad!

Dune wrote:

What you did is really a shame.

What I did left me sleeping today instead of going to school! I'm really sorry I tried to create a useful topic for everyone to enjoy, next time I'll know.

Dune wrote:

You could at least say write a line about what he did.

I was thinking about it but it brakes the credits section structure, ok I'll do it since it means so much to you.

/OFFTOPIC: Sorry to say this, but now I see why everyone hates oop oop // NO, no, no, I do not wanna see statements like this in an international forum // Landil. mad

Hip-Hop_BLOND wrote:

Read now, and read thorough!

Hey hey, calm down! I guess he can read perferctly..

Ok, let me leave you a few images and delete everything else, see how the greatest part of the work suits you.

I don't understand how the work should suit him. yikes

Mine! Long before he even combined everything in a mod list topic using MY combined links!

Man, calm down. You merged up in a post almost every reference link, and someone asked you to do a topic with all the links.

Mine! I've worked too much on this, the idea was I to make the topic and keep the server stuff updated and HE to post it (once I've created it anyways) because here everyone hates me, but there's nothing in common with his mods topic so he didn't agree... fine by me.

I did the topic where anyone can find the official mod topic and see info's about that mod, download links etc.. And my topic was created before yours Oo not "once I've created it anyways". :\ And yeah, I didn't want to throw away my work and change the whole topic with your stuff.

Dune wrote:

You were supposed to help him collecting the data and you finally release the post under your unique name, relegating Apmox to "Credits".

I don't know who you're getting your information from, but that's 100% false, everything is uploaded and maintained by me under my acc, the post is under my unique name , CUZ I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO WORKED HERE mad mad mad!

Calm down again, your answer has nothing to do with what he said. The first idea was to implement your uploaded releases in the reference topic, to have a trusted download for almost everything, and since you chose to put my link list at the end and give it just four points per list I disagreed totally. Anyway, if I remember good, i sent you almost every new client and server stuff via skype and then you uploaded it. I guess it's not ALL your work, don't be so egocentric.

What I did left me sleeping today instead of going to school! I'm really sorry I tried to create a useful topic for everyone to enjoy, next time I'll know.

Yeah, lot of us like teeworlds and love it, but the real life is more important. If you couldn't go to school it's not our fault.

I was thinking about it but it brakes the credits section structure, ok I'll do it since it means so much to you.

You don't need to, if you want to keep your work yours and nothing else's it's not a problem.

Sorry to say this, but now I see why everyone hates oop oop // NO, no, no, I do not wanna see statements like this in an international forum // Landil. mad

Remember: the whole community sees what you say, so think before posting. I think no one here hate French people, unlike you said. So, if you wonder why someone dislike you, think before posting.

» Albert Einsteein: I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.

@Apmox

Dune wrote:

I don't want to enter into childish conversations.

Which you are starting, comparing that you told me there's no need to add you in credits you should be pretty happy I did that instead of trying to earn respect for my work. I told you I'll use your topic just so you don't get mad so don't even think of bragging about it, at least now I know who's spreading the wrong information.

Everything else you've said is useless and unrelevant and I don't have the time for it. Still if you'd like to continue please start a personal conversation /which I doubt I'll mind.

This conversation is starting to become entailed and personal so can you guys move this conversation to Personal Messaging?
I'd hate for this to become a flamwar.

25 (edited by DARK HUNTER 2011-05-15 18:59:19)

...Can't delete post WTF?!?!?!?! o.O

Once in a century...