1 (edited by AwayD 2011-04-10 19:03:39)

Topic: Report minor bugs here (0.6.*)

In the 0.6 release is something wrong with the inbrowser-scoreboard.
I'm not quite sure if it is one connecting client with two flags or two clients where one of them has no score.
Oh and the name gets cut.
Here's a screenie: Click

EDIT: Ok i've seen it now several times that the last one has no score. So it's not about the connecting client.

2 (edited by Slayer *gV* 2011-07-13 22:05:26)

Re: Report minor bugs here (0.6.*)

Seems players are able to choose NO name. Which means it isnt replaced with a "(1)"

Why do posts get sometimes cut after submitting it?
I noticed it often and experienced it myself. Pretty annoying, time to fix this.

4 (edited by analog 2011-04-10 23:44:08)

http://i51.tinypic.com/28jbfh5.png

Seems that the envelope editor squeezes tiles a bit...

nah ...
when someone was downloading maps i always saw that "connecting client" thing ....
its not bug...
i think.

smile

*~°~~°~ Ryomou Wins... Flawless Victory ! ~°~~°~*
Support me: Subscribe!
[Fatality]

Magnet already suspected it once, but now i can confirm that at the start of a game, wrong spawns can occur. I experienced it myself that i respawned at blue base near the flag, while i was in red team. Only happened on new maps to me.

*** JUSTICE ALWAYS WINS ***

7 (edited by poko 2011-04-13 20:42:06)

Hi people, can't see any servers --- except my favorites.
There's only "Compatible Version" activated in the Filter and I have one friend on my list.
Thanks!

Picture: http://s1.directupload.net/images/110413/akxx6327.png

Uncheck "Compatible Version".
If there are servers then, download the Latest Version.

Maybe your firewall blocked incoming stuff from the masterservers to this application. What OS are you running?

Not Luck, Just Magic.

maybe your ip got banned? Do you have a static IP and did you host any modded server?

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

11 (edited by Highscore [xyz] 2011-04-14 01:59:46)

poko : u need to use 0.6.0 not 0.6 trunk and it will work ;-)

12 (edited by poko 2011-04-14 12:57:19)

Installing 0.6.0 solved the problem.
My thanks to Highscore and all of you!

Just noticed yesterday, downloading a map. It was downloading, but it hasn't changed its numbers.
http://i.solidfiles.net/3bf6_915x400.png

» Albert Einsteein: I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.

Apmox wrote:

Just noticed yesterday, downloading a map. It was downloading, but it hasn't changed its numbers.

Yea! Whats up with this? O.o

Once in a century...

Apmox wrote:

This bug is already fixed in the trunk version, meaning it will be fixed in a 0.6.1 release. (If I am not mistaken)

i got that bug too i wanted to post it but it seems it was already posted

I'm gonna kill you!
My avatar was made by R.I.P TeBob.

When I start iTunes in background to listen to some music while playing, teeworlds always minimizes after start and when I want to show it again, it just minimizes again. big_smile
This does not happen with Windows Media Player btw.

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

wapps.

burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

18 (edited by Var [TNB] 2011-04-18 13:26:36)

While being at the server (spectating, but idk if that matters) and using an editor, you can't hear the sound of flag capture. You just hear "bip" of server message, but not actual sound of capturing flag. It gets back ok when you close editor and again appears when u go back to the editor.
Ah ye, Windows xp.

Stay wild big_smile

So about the wrong spawn thingy i figured out how it works so here it is:

If an enemy is in the exact place where the tee should spawn the tee does not spawn in that place until the enemy leaves the place or gets killed and now if all the spawns from 1 team are covered with enemy's the tee will spawn on an enemy spawn place because all the teams spawns are covered (this bug is only seen on pure servers or mods that are based on ctf)

I'm gonna kill you!
My avatar was made by R.I.P TeBob.

0.6.0's new winter-tiles are really great but I found one small bug in it. You can not make a one square thick horizontal platform sticking out of a vertical wall without having a small graphic bug:
http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/9171/neubitmappo.th.png
I suggest to put the downside of the tile that connects one square thick platforms with walls a little bit lower.

Has a crippled face.

When you're near to the end of a match, if you want to restart in 10 seconds you get the time going down the 0.
http://i.solidfiles.net/0ca6_915x400.png

» Albert Einsteein: I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.

I noticed this bug for a while but it was hard for me to understand it's origin. After fiddling around with it, I realize it's a clipping bug. When the boundaries of the clipping meets my computer screen's edge, it acts as if there was no clipping which can be a problem if unsightly background-ing is held back by the clipping. In this case, I'm playing dm6 and group 4, layer 1 (the only layer) is showing which is indicated by the katana cursor in teh image below.

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu177/Really_now/teeworlds_060_bug.png

It's not only this map; it happened in another map when my friend tried to make a dark cave with a dim light bubble around the tee which required clipping. I was the only one that noticed this bug. I'm using the newest version of Teeworlds and my computer is Window's XP.

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

23 (edited by DARK HUNTER 2011-10-30 14:22:56)

I don't know if it happened to anybody but sometimes when I change team the team colors switch. (To other players everything stays the same)
For example: I'm on red (red base is on left ofc). I want to go to blue because of balance. I join blue and spawn at the right base but I'm still red and the tees which spawn in my base are also red. The team colors switches but nobody said anything so I guess that that only happened to me.

OK. So IDK if this is a problem with 0.6 itself or the Gamer client or openFNG servers. I''l see if it's related to these later.

P.S. On second thought this always happens when I'm blue (and see myself as red). When I enter a server and automatically join red,everything's OK. But when I switch to blue from red OR enter the server and automatically join blue,I spawn in the right base but me and my teemates are red.

Once in a century...

24 (edited by Ryomou Hentai Girl 2011-07-12 03:22:14)

Bee wrote:

I noticed this bug for a while but it was hard for me to understand it's origin. After fiddling around with it, I realize it's a clipping bug. When the boundaries of the clipping meets my computer screen's edge, it acts as if there was no clipping which can be a problem if unsightly background-ing is held back by the clipping. In this case, I'm playing dm6 and group 4, layer 1 (the only layer) is showing which is indicated by the katana cursor in teh image below.

It's not only this map; it happened in another map when my friend tried to make a dark cave with a dim light bubble around the tee which required clipping. I was the only one that noticed this bug. I'm using the newest version of Teeworlds and my computer is Window's XP.

OMG FINALLY !!!!
I have the same problem in lots of maps, and i saw exactly this same bug at ur img  first time i was looking the new maps... already showed to some guys - they said it might be my graphic card ( because i was the only to see that ) .. funny is that u see the bug only when u are at that position on the map ... =x 
(?) xDD

OgAAAFFih1zX6ISoPI2BjuPyMuZNeJLGrJWKdb3E_Sgv8boLAdDAsiFvyAlt9_E1QlubLn0fnbTZJITdQO1PIAqNQnEAm1T1UC7XgbfYICr9sGHa6ldO0XtoF5SZ.jpg

I want an answer too.. i see bugs everywhere
=DDD

*~°~~°~ Ryomou Wins... Flawless Victory ! ~°~~°~*
Support me: Subscribe!
[Fatality]

the bug bee and ryomou mentioned is simply fixed by clamping the values for the clipping so the clipping cant be outside of the screen.
I made a simple fix and created a pull request for Oy.

--> Pull request <--

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^