Topic: Change Map on a Server

I made a server for my house using the teeworlds_srv program.
It's displayed in the LAN section of my game.
Now I wanted to know how to change it's map from dm1 to another one.

Re: Change Map on a Server

http://www.teeworlds.com/?page=docs& … erSettings

you should find each command you need.
to use a command, create a file with the name "autoexec".cfg in your Appdata - folder (simply doubleclick "config_directory".bat in your teeworlds-folder, and write the command you like to change in it.
if you set a rcon_password you can change the server settings with the rcon ingame too.

maybe you search trough the forum for some tutorials wink

3 (edited by Kottizen 2010-08-12 18:41:09)

Set "sv_rcon_password" in your configuration file, if not done. Then, restart the server, start Teeworlds, connect and press F2. Login with the password and type "change_map newmap".

I also recommend you to set a predefined map. Type "sv_map mapname" in your configuration file.

But i dont know how to set rcon password.

Open autoexec.cfg (this is where your server settings are) and copy this line in:

sv_rcon_password XXX

(replace XXX with your password!)

» Use the Search Function before opening multiple topics...
» Member of: JsA - Just stay Alloha! (since 2009)

And please read the doc i linked you to.
you will find:

sv_rcon_password    Password to access the remote control (rcon).    

Thanks

guys i have same problem as amir had. I cant solve it though , even after reading the advice given by people. Plz help. I dont have a file called app data. It only came with a file called data. And  is it possible to add a patch to my LAN server

9 (edited by DARK HUNTER 2011-06-17 13:34:30)

paulzy wrote:

guys i have same problem as amir had. I cant solve it though , even after reading the advice given by people. Plz help. I dont have a file called app data. It only came with a file called data. And  is it possible to add a patch to my LAN server

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Teeworlds
On Windows XP and older.

C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\Teeworlds
On Windows Vista and 7

Home/.teeworlds
On Linux

btw: There is a "config_directory.bat" file in teeworlds folder. Click it (:

Once in a century...

Your Appdata folder may be hidden, try to type in the path manually. (Or use config_directory.bat)

Or just create the autoexec.cfg in the root folder of your "teeworlds_srv(.exe)"
Add a patch? You mean a mod like iCTF? You have to download the mod and replace the teeworlds_srv with it.

ok guys , i got windows 7, i followed
however i couldnt find the appdata so i tried to do it manually as suggested through writing cmd in the search. This still didnt work.  Slayer GV  u talk about a config bat file.
When i open this file it comes  up with folders then 2 files called masters and settings. The folders are demos downloadedmaps dumps maps and screenshots.

How does this help me to change settings for my lan server such as map,gametype,servername

btw the patch i wanna add( which i already download is for saying how many kills people are on) like when some1 gets to 5 kills it tells every1. i got this patch but how can i use it.

Thanks guys for helping

paulzy wrote:

ok guys , i got windows 7, i followed
however i couldnt find the appdata so i tried to do it manually as suggested through writing cmd in the search. This still didnt work.  Slayer GV  u talk about a config bat file.
When i open this file it comes  up with folders then 2 files called masters and settings. The folders are demos downloadedmaps dumps maps and screenshots.

How does this help me to change settings for my lan server such as map,gametype,servername

Nice that you found your appdata/roaming/teeworlds - folder smile

Your server will check if it can find an "autoexec.cfg"-file and include all cmds you wrote in it.
-> Create such an file (if it doesnt exist) and write the cmds you need (sv_rcon_password, sv_map, sv_gametype, etc etc...)

See the link of my first post for more commands + descriptions.

BotoX wrote:

Or just create the autoexec.cfg in the root folder of your "teeworlds_srv(.exe)"

Oops, didnt know it :\ Thx

paulzy wrote:

btw the patch i wanna add( which i already download is for saying how many kills people are on) like when some1 gets to 5 kills it tells every1. i got this patch but how can i use it.

You may take a look here: [HELP] How to install patches?. However, make sure your patch is written for Teeworlds 0.6, otherwise you'd have to use an older Version!
Btw: This topic is about Changing the map on a server, not about using patches smile

14 (edited by DARK HUNTER 2011-06-18 11:06:51)

To patch the source:

1. Download this: http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/patch.htm
2. Install it.
3. Put the patch.exe (from C:\Program Files\GnuWin32\bin) in the same folder where the teeworlds source folder and the patch file are.
*Folder Structure: (example)
Folder:
  teeworlds-0.5.2-src
  VoteExtension.patch
  patch.exe

4. Open cmd and write:

cd folder

Where "folder" is the path where the patch file;source and bin.exe are
5. Now write:

patch -p0 < VoteExtension.patch

Wait for it to finish. It should be quick (almost instant)
6. When it's done close cmd and compile the source smile

btw Slayer: No patch for 0.6 has been written yet.

Once in a century...

NEED HELP for my server: I created my own DDrace on DDraceBetaConverter (Client) I have starte - Tees and tart and the end for the DDrace. I made all what to do. I think the Client work but i dont know why my server crash (Teeworlds too) by the last KiB   (414 / 141 = crash teeworlds stops beating -.-)

16 (edited by ghost 2011-06-23 15:35:25)

@obstsalat: First of all I don't really get what you mean. Secondly I think your problem is DDRace related so it might be better to ask in the official DDRace forum then here.

Also don't just ask you question in any random thread. If you read the docs and used the search function and still did not ind an answer to your question, create your own thread.