1 (edited by Netherland 2010-06-12 15:27:06)

Topic: [SERVICE] My Public banlist

Super bear --- Botter
109.197.37.XX
Ibrahim[rus] --- Multiclient
91.60.100.XX
Alex[Texas BBQ Souce] --- Botter
109.91/220.2XX
[TwG ~ L] Hierza --- Multiclient + Votehack
62.47.6.1XX & 188.22.214.1XX (Probably alot more too :) )
MrSilverNero --- Botter
92.200.5.2XX
IPC.MI<09 dude11 --- Multiclient
78.88.202.XX
|Bohemian| thokk Co.L --- Botter
88.68.18.XX
Myxaxaxa --- Multiclient
178.44.153.XX
Name unknown --- Server crasher
77.1.190.1XX

Edit: Last two numbers are hidden

All of the IP's are from people who joined one of Kottizen's CITY servers, more will be added in the future smile

privet

Re: [SERVICE] My Public banlist

This could be a privacy violation of users. IP numbers shouldn't be public for any reason.
At least, cover the last 3 numbers so other hosters can ban by IP range.

PS: [-1] useless, since 90% of internet users got a dynamic IP

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin

Lanta wrote:

This could be a privacy violation of users. IP numbers shouldn't be public for any reason.
At least, cover the last 3 numbers so other hosters can ban by IP range.

PS: [-1] useless, since 90% of internet users got a dynamic IP

It's not illegal and you can't find out the owner behind and IP if you don't go ask the ISP, or the user is his own ISP. I think this is really useful, because then we can ban those idiots together. Sure, some people (not 90% though) are using dynamic IP-addresses, but then it's just to ban x.x.x.*.

4 (edited by Netherland 2010-06-04 14:56:14)

Lanta wrote:

This could be a privacy violation of users.

This could also be a way to prevent people from using hacks.
Anyways, I've removed the last two numbers big_smile?

privet

Kottizen wrote:
Lanta wrote:

This could be a privacy violation of users.

It's not illegal.

I've never said it's illegal, I only said it's a privacy violation. We are not a swedish forum but, for example, in Sweden it's illegal to collect IP addresses: http://torrentfreak.com/collecting-ip-a … en-090618/

I don't like the grey zone between privacy and proper moderation that these lists move in. I'll allow this topic to exist for now, as long as you keep the IP's unpersonalized and don't abuse this list. What I fear most is that people will start to make suggestion for IP's to put on the list and that neither you or me will know whether it's a real botter / cheater or someone trying to abuse this topic.

That means that if I ever hear someone complain about a person wrongly put on this list, either on the forum or through private contact that the topic gets closed. It's simply impossible for me to judge who is a real botter / cheater and who got wrongly listed by accident. If this worst-case scenario will come true then the topic will only cause more harm then good. In my personal opinion it would better to develop this idea on an external site.

Lanta wrote:

We are not a swedish forum

First we have to resolv the domain to get the IP.

kottizen@POLAPC-02:~$ nslookup teeworlds.com
Server:         192.168.1.254
Address:        192.168.1.254#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:   teeworlds.com
Address: 195.22.75.123

Then we'll query the RIPE database: http://www.db.ripe.net/whois

Here is a part of the result:
inetnum:         195.22.75.64 - 195.22.75.127
netname:         TDC-SVERIGE-NET
descr:           TDC Sverige AB

By that we can say, we are on a Swedish forum. The language is English, but the server is located in Sweden.

(besides that I have TDC at home too)

Kottizen wrote:
Lanta wrote:

We are not a swedish forum

First we have to resolv the domain to get the IP.

kottizen@POLAPC-02:~$ nslookup teeworlds.com
Server:         192.168.1.254
Address:        192.168.1.254#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:   teeworlds.com
Address: 195.22.75.123

Here is a part of the result:
inetnum:         195.22.75.64 - 195.22.75.127
netname:         TDC-SVERIGE-NET
descr:           TDC Sverige AB

By that we can say, we are on a Swedish forum. The language is English, but the server is located in Sweden.

(besides that I have TDC at home too)

One more motivation to do what I said big_smile

You can just type "whois 195.22.75.123" on the terminal to query the RIPE Database wink Or "whois teeworlds.com" to see that the owner of the domain lives in sweden, too big_smile

erd wrote:

You can just type "whois 195.22.75.123" on the terminal to query the RIPE Database wink Or "whois teeworlds.com" to see that the owner of the domain lives in sweden, too big_smile

Of course you can do that, but if I had said so, he wouldn't have learn what RIPE is for.

Kottizen wrote:
erd wrote:

Of course you can do that, but if I had said so, he wouldn't have learn what RIPE is for.

I already knew old but I'm too lazy to do that xD There was a 1% of probability that this server was swedish so I didn't even try.

Lanta wrote:
Kottizen wrote:
erd wrote:

I already knew old but I'm too lazy to do that xD There was a 1% of probability that this server was swedish so I didn't even try.

Because of the fact almost all developers (or at least the original ones) are Swedes, the possibility of a Swedish server is in my opinion much higher than 1%.

Let's go back on topic now.

13 (edited by Netherland 2010-06-05 18:38:21)

Azon wrote:

s long as you keep the IP's unpersonalized and don't abuse this list. What I fear most is that people will start to make suggestion for IP's to put on the list and that neither you or me will know whether it's a real botter / cheater or someone trying to abuse this topic.

That means that if I ever hear someone complain about a person wrongly put on this list, either on the forum or through private contact that the topic gets closed. It's simply impossible for me to judge who is a real botter / cheater and who got wrongly listed by accident. If this worst-case scenario will come true then the topic will only cause more harm then good. In my personal opinion it would better to develop this idea on an external site.

I won't put any IP's on the list if I haven't seen them botting/cheating, and about the complaining;
Some people say they didn't do it, or make a excuse, if it's possible, could you make some investigation(Today someone who was botting at the server once, joined the game, and I asked why he was botting, and he said he didn't do it, while he had the same IP as on this list...)
I'm always checking, double, triple, quadruple, checking if the person I'm going to add is a real botter/cheater and not a pro smile.
As for the idea to put it on an external website; I don't have a domain:P(I also don't need someone else to make it for me, as other people would be able to add IP's then), I'm just a simple user trying to help other server hosters in protecting their servers from hackers.

privet