1 (edited by Var [TNB] 2010-06-17 10:47:31)

Topic: [TOURNAMENT] NewDay CTF Tournament (Teeworlds Summer Party)

http://z-team.org.ru/forum/download/file.php?mode=view&id=2390&sid=bddcd30c2af407e6a42505a7e0ed92be
Map: ctf2
Registration date: between 25 of May and 18 of June
Time: would be chosen later
Server: [well-telecom.ru] Z-Team Clanserver - 79.142.85.60:8301 (yes, russian)

Rules:
1) The team captain (directly him, he will recieve password by icq or jabber) has to write at this topic:
1. Team name (use your brain, it's not necessary to use a clan name);
2. The whole team (write the nicknames you'll play with), also the time you'd like to play;
3. Your icq or jabber, you'll recieve a password by it.
2) The team contains 4 players + 2 reserve players (not necessary).
3) Timelimit: 20 minutes; scorelimit: 600.
4) If the team has less than 4 players right at the moment (someone from your team haven't come yet), your team would be disqualified after 5 minutes of waiting.
5) The team got 2 chances to pause (the whole time not more than 5 minutes). Also you automatically use your pause, if the player will leave the game (internet troubles, for example) or will go afk (sh!t happens). For that case wee've got a special freezing function (when it is active, the bullets and tees are freezed and the time is stopped). To take a oause, someone from your team got to write "stop" in the chat. Write "go" to disable freezing and continue.
6) No matter what clan you're in. Choose your mates and participate. Still the same person can't play for two different participating teams.
7) Any offences are forbidden

The tournament conduction:
4v4 games. Gametype: CTF. Map: ctf2. Timelimit: 20 minutes. Scorelimit: 600. The only game between two teams. Tournament ends for lost team,  the team that won continues the tournament (play-off system, i hope you know what's that).

Server settings are standart.

All the winners will be shown in this topic after the tournament ends.

Also all the winners will get a small symbolic present - e-mail like "name@newday.org.ru" by google (name = your nick).

FAQ:
Q: I didn't recieve a password, what i've got to do?
A: Wait for your turn, administration will send all the passwords when it would be your time to play, also we advice you to turn your anti-spam off or there's a chance you won't recieve a password.

Q: I asked the administartor to change the team containment within an ICQ, but still nothing changed. What's wrong?
A: Administrator didn't understand you right, or just forgot that, you'd better to write any team changes at this topic.

Q: Btw, 600 scores and the only game... that's pretty less. We'd better to play 3 games with 1000 scorelimit *or smth else like that*.
A: In that case tournament would last pretty long time, so we'd have to conduct it in several days, and we don't really like it. So we've chosen this way of conducting a tournament.

Q: Can we play at our own server? We've got better ping there.
A: No, you can't. different servers can have different settings.

Q: Is it possible to let participating several teams from the same community or clan?
A: Yes, but people have to be different

Q: What would happen if the same player would play for 2 or more different teams?
A: All these teams would be disqualified.

Q: Can reserve players play except of standart lineup?
A: Just in case you're missing someone.

Q: What's the date of the tournament?
A: You can find a list of playing teams and the date you do after the registration would end.

Q: Can we play our game half-hour later, or the day later, or let's wait for some years? We're missing an important mate, wait plz.
A: No, the date of tournament has been written like 2 weeks ago, you had to take care about any work earlier, that's what we added reserve function for. If we would wait for all the players from all the teams, this will last pretty long, we will lose a control and tournament will get boring. So after 5 minutes of waiting the team would automatically lose, in case it doesn't have enough players or doesn't want to participate with such a lineup.

Q: Servers are lagging, we can't play that!
A: We're not accepting any server complaints. Servers are OK, perhaps you lag cause of the place you live in or cause of your internet connection.

Additional information:
Here you would find an online translation of the tournament - http://newday.org.ru/index/tv/0-50

Rules can be changed while the registration, any changes will be indicates at this topic.

Registrated teams:
1) H² - Hell and Heaven (Azuma, Bass, Cinnay, Drako, El Diablo), captain - Azuma (ICQ: 552873460) - 7 pm
2) [~TeG~]--> Teeworlds Elite Gang (Aragon, Connection Lost, Pain, Moin, DX_Mafiatorte), captain - Aragon (ICQ:455542637) - 5 pm
3) [FF] - ForFun (DarkKenny, Onox, Maddoxx, nuckie, B@GROV, Kenny), captain - Kenny (ICQ:490475717) - 6 pm
4) [SH] - skilled hunters (Sozi, Funhit, Killal, Sweeter, Tigra, Merc), captain - Sozi (ICQ: 585153184) - 7 pm
5) censored (He4to, spark, Chaos, Hazaar, Hellsin), captain - Chaos (Skype: -rus-chaos-) - 6 pm
6) [ViDe] - Violent Decembrists (Graf, Spw, Ice, Seven, Padre, M tee), captain - Padre (ICQ: 575772495) - 7 pm

P.S. russian discussion at http://z-team.org.ru/forum/viewtopic.ph … amp;t=1249

Stay wild big_smile

Re: [TOURNAMENT] NewDay CTF Tournament (Teeworlds Summer Party)

Good initiative!

I dont like some conditions of the tournament.

To start, 4on4 CTF2 is really annoying, CTF2 is much more for 5on5 in my opinion (and I think im not the only one here to share this opinion) because it's much more strategic/dynamic/entertaining.

Time limit simply suxx, some strategies can be played on this shit, imagine that you're winning and there is no more than 5 minutes, you can tell your team to all stay in defense, it's really not fair and not funny to watch..

Crap Russian server tongue, would be possible to play on a server or both teams agree in case there is no Russian in the both teams?

Last question, i am curious and would like access to the team and the players already registered, where can i have access to such information?

Servers located in Russia usually suck, but well-telcom's servers are actually pretty good (and many).

Kottizen wrote:

Servers located in Russia usually suck, but well-telcom's servers are actually pretty good (and many).

That's because you (and me) have the luxury of living relatively close to both Russia and Germany (which seem to be the two major countries in the amount of Teeworlds players). Germans (or anyone from the western Europe) for example have much higher pings and therefore significant disadvantage over those living closer. Don't know if the antiping client helps, haven't tested it myself yet.

Failuree @ Quakenet

Failure wrote:
Kottizen wrote:

That's because you (and me) have the luxury of living relatively close to both Russia and Germany (which seem to be the two major countries in the amount of Teeworlds players). Germans (or anyone from the western Europe) for example have much higher pings and therefore significant disadvantage over those living closer. Don't know if the antiping client helps, haven't tested it myself yet.

I referred to tests from a German computer.

Nice to see a new tournament finally! But:
Timelimit sucks, if you put one, then more time please, like 40 min.
I would better like 5on5, and
I would suggest best of 3, so you have to win 2 games, only 1 game is too less because it may be luck based.

Qi - high level gaming
qi.m0g.net

I think that 30 min should be enough and I would suggest a new system with the time limit like the one I proposed (http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopi … 060#p66060).

I would also prefer a 5on5 on ctf2, as games are more interesting with 10 players.

8 (edited by Var [TNB] 2010-05-28 09:44:52)

We made such a choise because of a time we'd like this event to be long. Timelimit 20mins is enough for 4v4 battles with 600 scorelimit, by the way 4v4 were taken of the same reason. We want the whole tournament to be done on the one weekends. So 4v4 battles would be pretty short ones. Have to admit, it's not such a serious tournament like MTC or FunWar was. We just want players to play together for a one weekends. I hope it's not the last tournament of that type.
Some words about the russian server: NewDay team already had a practice of using any else servers except well-telecom, an official ones. And believe me, nothing good happened. So we prefer to use the server we can fully control.
UPD: you will find all the registered teams in the head of topic, updates would be done once a week. So feel free to register now.

Stay wild big_smile

9 (edited by Azuma.*! 2010-05-30 01:27:17)

We open the team registration.
Team name: H² - Hell and Heaven
Players: Azuma, Bass, Cinnay, Drako, El Diablo.
Time we would like to play: Daily after 19 pm

Team Captain,

Azuma.

10 (edited by Aragon1 2010-06-01 12:23:31)

Team name: [~TeG~]--> Teeworlds Elite Gang
Players: Aragon, Connection Lost, Pain, Moin, DX_Mafiatorte
Time we would like to play: 5pm

Team Captain

Aragon

Pls write who's the captain of your team, it's full name and fix the time - 17pm is senseless, perhaps you meant 5 pm?

Stay wild big_smile

I'm sorry I'm German, therefore I have written to 17pm.

Aragon

registration is completed
http://z-team.org.ru/forum/download/file.php?mode=view&id=2430&sid=19e13d78fcb76b06b94503cd6a418ea2
Alternative image for the tournament grid http://challonge.com/newday9
The tournament will be  June 20 at 18:00 Moscow.
server is : [RTC] Z - team clanserver ip: 77.242.104.237:8314

I sorry for changing the server, it happened on technical reasons. Big request, even if you do not
like the new server or a tournament, try to come and play, you did not regret it.

Tournament has end.
The winner - [SH] Team. Greetings to them!
We're sorry for some server troubles we had during the tournament, next time we hope to solve this problem.
Here is the screenshots of all the matches.
http://z-team.org.ru/forum/download/file.php?id=2433&mode=view
http://z-team.org.ru/forum/download/file.php?id=2434&mode=view
http://z-team.org.ru/forum/download/file.php?id=2435&mode=view
http://z-team.org.ru/forum/download/file.php?id=2436&mode=view
http://z-team.org.ru/forum/download/file.php?id=2437&mode=view

Stay wild big_smile