1 (edited by Lanta 2010-03-10 13:46:38)

Topic: [EVENT] Games Convention Online

http://img.tee-city.net/images/banneruiu.png

Hi!
Some weeks ago, I started with an idea about a LAN party for the Teeworlds community. (here the thread)
Now, after a long search, we found the perfect location for a big community event.
We will be at the Games Convention Online at Leipzig, in Germany, to show and advertise the Teeworlds project.
We'll have a stand where we'll present Teeworlds to the visitors. In the gaming corner we'll make something like a campus, where skilled players could play in a LAN (computers are already here) and show visitors how to play, telling them some tips. We'll probably see game-related stuff like tee-shirts, designed by well-known graphics.
http://muellmann2002.mu.funpic.de/images/Tee-shirt-shop.png
An event that you can't miss! The first and the biggest Teeworlds Community Meeting ever seen.

We are organising with major clans and community, but we still need your help. All we ask you, it's your partecipation at the event. If you like what we are organising, please post your impressions (and ideas) here.

--------------------------------------------------------->

If you will come please signup at our SITE

, so we can know how many members will come. If you are not able, PM me and I'll add you in the table.
For who wants to help there is also the TODO list of the event, here.
--------------------------------------------------------->

http://www.gamesconvention.com/fileadmin/templates/img/en/logo_main.png
http://www.gamesconvention.com/en/
Save the date, 9 - 11 july 2010.

LINKS:
Site: http://www.teecon.tk/
Teewiki page http://teewiki.info/wiki/TeeCon
Signup page http://teewiki.info/wiki/TeeCon:people
TODO page: http://teewiki.info/wiki/TeeCon:todo

Stickied till 09-07-2010 // ~{MS}~ Azon
<3 Azon // Lanta

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin

Re: [EVENT] Games Convention Online

The bad thing is, I can plan with Lanta and some others this, but can't come.

I've forgotten that I'm flying at this time to america next year. :<

Visit tee-league.de and tv.tee-league.de!

good idea and i want to be there..but its to far 5h O.o sry...

Won't be able to be there, but good luck!

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

It's an interesting idea. It's a similar one to the youtube even where everyone got together. But too bad that it's thousands of miles away from California. :[

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

|X-treme|Bee wrote:

It's an interesting idea. It's a similar one to the youtube even where everyone got together. But too bad that it's thousands of miles away from California. :[

Since the major part of Teeworlds player is in Europe, I thought the best location could be in center Europe.
By the way, maybe, someone else could organise something similar in America wink
For now, let's do this!
I want you all!

Hm, if i'll have any opportunity 2 visit germany, ill join... but don't count on me guys, still dunno which countries will i visit next year. But, anyway, GCO is a great advantage=)
There is an idea - what if we will arrange not only one party at GCO at the same time?
If i stay, ill b able 2 make something like big party here, in Moscow, and we can use web-cam with projector to keep connection between leipzig and our party.
So can do others also - but this idea need 2 b prepared=)

the end is the beginning is the end

lol coming home from graduation party "Summersplash" -> get my bags -> go to Leipzig

i suppose would be nice xD

9 (edited by FroZen 2009-12-15 00:50:58)

wow, great...

would be realy cool, and i hope i can come.

Lanta wrote:
|X-treme|Bee wrote:

Since the major part of Teeworlds player is in Europe, I thought the best location could be in center Europe.
By the way, maybe, someone else could organise something similar in America wink
For now, let's do this!
I want you all!

teeworlds isn't exactly "big" in USA
i'm guessing they're around 50 active USA players, probably less

Ex-King of Teeworlds

yemDX wrote:

Haha true. I don't know why teeworlds isn't popular in north and south America... It's a really great game. I dunno, maybe it will get popular in a few years. ;__;

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

Lanta wrote:
|X-treme|Bee wrote:

For now, let's do this!
I want you all!

But the major part of the teeworlds-kids is there, too ;D

Anyway, at the teeworlds pcs is needed an teeworlds version, thats only quitable with a password, I think.
Nobody wants to start teeworlds 100times at one day xD

Visit tee-league.de and tv.tee-league.de!

wow, great, especially Lappi's tee. I guess you asked him for permission.

It's really a pity that I do not have the time to go to the GC and to support this great project. Teeworlds is supposed to become much more famous.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

s!erra wrote:

There is an idea - what if we will arrange not only one party at GCO at the same time?
If i stay, ill b able 2 make something like big party here, in Moscow, and we can use web-cam with projector to keep connection between leipzig and our party. So can do others also - but this idea need 2 b prepared=)

Sorry, but I don't like your idea. We are building and creating one of the biggest teeworlds community meeting, and make it decentralised will result in "less players" at Leipzig.
If you want to stay with us, come to Germany big_smile

@Landil: OMG. I've founded this tee in my old RsT italian clan forum. I thought it was done by some members of my community, so I used it without checking. If you say me it's a lappi skin, i will ask him hmm If he will reject, i will remove it.
Thanks for the information. And sorry for the inconvenient.

@Lanta I've talked to Lappi a minute ago and it's alright to him smile

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

16 (edited by Schokomuesli 2009-12-15 21:43:34)

Hm,...

The last GCO wasn't successful.
A big hall with a few exhibitors and much space yikes

I miss the good old "Games Convention" in Leipzig...

Schokomuesli wrote:

A big hall with a few exhibitors and much space yikes

Nice, the perfect location for a community meeting and a LAN smile

I'll be there, too... maybe... since its only 1 hour away xD
I hope it will be a huge sucess especially for tw wink

I missed the last GCO... so one reason more to go there... to compare with the original GC xD

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

19 (edited by Stephanator 2009-12-15 22:47:31)

Maybe it is a stupid idea but...Maxi from Giga always played Teeworlds in his show, he is from Ausrtia too and as far as I can imagine he has not really much to do after Giga went down. We could ask him if he comes with us to the GCO and present Teeworlds on the stage there. I mean, that is what he did years of his life, I am sure he can do that better than anyone of the community.

Qi - high level gaming
qi.m0g.net

Stephanator wrote:

Maybe it is a stupid idea but...Maxi from Giga always played Teeworlds in his show, he is from Ausrtia too and as far as I can imagine he has not really much to do after Giga went down. We could ask him if he comes with us to the GCO and present Teeworlds on the stage there. I mean, that is what he did years of his life, I am sure he can do that better than anyone of the community.

That's not a stupid idea... that's an awsum idea smile

Stephanator wrote:

Well its worth a try. But i think he failed . Btw "years" are just like 9 -11 months and   i believe he is from germany after all (bayern if i remember right .he currently lives in cologne)

he is now stand up comedian xD

and he was not the best player xD

but it would be cool if he comes too tongue

he was not the best player, but he has done well...

but i think, there is not a good chance. I mean, how can we contakt him?

totaly.

|X-treme|Bee wrote:
yemDX wrote:

Haha true. I don't know why teeworlds isn't popular in north and south America... It's a really great game. I dunno, maybe it will get popular in a few years. ;__;

Maybe because of the unfriendly approach from "high-skill" players to noobs? : )

Ex-King of Teeworlds

25 (edited by s!erra 2009-12-18 16:56:35)

Lanta wrote:

Sorry, but I don't like your idea. We are building and creating one of the biggest teeworlds community meeting, and make it decentralised will result in "less players" at Leipzig.
If you want to stay with us, come to Germany big_smile

just think about it, lanta, not everyone can spend near 1k$ for lan party^^ anyway, real-time connection would be funny - central party would become looking more crowded with screens with big web-cam conference=)
anyway, i'm thinkin of moving to german next year, so all chances for me to become german big_smile

yemDX wrote:

yesterday and today we were talking to enjoi, tavo & occuri about running US TW servers - there are couple at the moment by tavo (tee-mueres, rage), but i see they are too pingy for middle US.
so i bet you are able to spend near 5$ per month to run 24/7 servers somewhere in united states. also they are trying to arrange american continental league - join & help their idea=)

the end is the beginning is the end