Re: MasterTeeCup - MTC

We have already signed up for the TDM tournament, and we all sometimes play in 1on1 dm. Although we are not that trained in this mod, it is fun and cool to play it somehow. I have to speak with other MS (as I say over and over, we are a democratic clan), and we'll see what's going on. I'll let you know it for sure.

By the way Pirates is not a map in my very opinion. A CTF map HAS TO be symetric, which it is not by far. But Lost, which seems awful at the first glance, is in fact an awsome map when played and learned properly. It is a fast paced map if you do the correct moves, and is more tensed than CTF2, because of the relative size of the map. By the way I love CTF2 as well smile

And I have a question. No offense in it, don't panic. I don't see any team that applied to regular CTF tournament? Maybe because of the format? Maybe 6vs6 is too much, or? Maybe 4vs4 would be more popular? Don't blame me if I'm wrong, I don't play in normal CTF, so don't know the regular format smile

~{MS}~ Eve ~{MonkeyStyle}~ - Instagib Teeworlds Clan
VISIT US: http://www.monkeystyle.tk
Check out our IRC channel: #monkeystyle on QuakeNet || Also check out the TeeWiki: http://teewiki.info

6on6 is standard and approved by most clans being so. Though there is a tiny fraction claiming 4on4 is better...which is not true of course smile

*** JUSTICE ALWAYS WINS ***

ctan wrote:

By the way Pirates is not a map in my very opinion. A CTF map HAS TO be symetric, which it is not by far. But Lost, which seems awful at the first glance, is in fact an awsome map when played and learned properly. It is a fast paced map if you do the correct moves, and is more tensed than CTF2, because of the relative size of the map. By the way I love CTF2 as well smile

I played on Lost for some time, and I think that when you play on Lost you have to put more thoughts to the map rather than playing. This map has zero user-friendliness. Especially the "ladder" at each side in which fights are only won by the one who trained laser bounce there (and better ping obviously). Other bad aspects include the lack of variations in the spawn points, the terrible graphics and their lack of consistence... but those are fixed by Lost Landil that everyone should use if they're going to play Lost.

If you compare it to CTF2, both maps have a learning curve but CTF2 isn't treacherous. Someone playing TW well will find his marks on CTF2 way faster than on regular Lost. That's why imho the instagib tournament should be CTF2 only.

Magnet wrote:

I played on Lost for some time, and I think that when you play on Lost you have to put more thoughts to the map rather than playing. This map has zero user-friendliness. Especially the "ladder" at each side in which fights are only won by the one who trained laser bounce there (and better ping obviously). Other bad aspects include the lack of variations in the spawn points, the terrible graphics and their lack of consistence... but those are fixed by Lost Landil that everyone should use if they're going to play Lost.

If you compare it to CTF2, both maps have a learning curve but CTF2 isn't treacherous. Someone playing TW well will find his marks on CTF2 way faster than on regular Lost. That's why imho the instagib tournament should be CTF2 only.

Don't take it badly, but who said that instagib, and by extent instagib maps, were the easy way to play teeworlds? To go further in this discussion, I would say that Lost is an awful map when you don't know it. I have hated this map som much at first! But you know, I'm a magician, and as a magician, I learnt from my art that training is everything. And that's the point on Lost. Lost needs a lot of training in order to get the right path and hook spots. And it requires a lot of training and brain if you want to keep the flag and take it back in your base. The only thing I would blame CTF2 for is that if someone gets the flag and go out of the base in highspped without being killed, it is quite surely a capture. This is  not true for Lost, and I guess that's why scores can be very large on Lost if a team has experienced players. I hope I'm clear with my english smile

Check out our IRC channel: #monkeystyle on QuakeNet || Also check out the TeeWiki: http://teewiki.info

ctan wrote:
Magnet wrote:

Don't take it badly, but who said that instagib, and by extent instagib maps, were the easy way to play teeworlds? To go further in this discussion, I would say that Lost is an awful map when you don't know it. I have hated this map som much at first! But you know, I'm a magician, and as a magician, I learnt from my art that training is everything. And that's the point on Lost. Lost needs a lot of training in order to get the right path and hook spots. And it requires a lot of training and brain if you want to keep the flag and take it back in your base. The only thing I would blame CTF2 for is that if someone gets the flag and go out of the base in highspped without being killed, it is quite surely a capture. This is  not true for Lost, and I guess that's why scores can be very large on Lost if a team has experienced players. I hope I'm clear with my english smile

im a magician and i can stand still and shoot blue laser at the same spot and be the best in the server!!11

56 (edited by Magnet 2008-09-29 18:51:51)

ctan wrote:

You missed my point. CTF2 and Lost are equally hard to master. There are very few true CTF2 masters (and none on instagib since it requires rocket jumps). The difference is that CTF2 is fun for everyone, and Lost is fun for a few. It doesn't prevent most beginners to play Lost and just camp (like Daniel said). And you did not address my other points: bad spawning points, and the lack of consistence of the graphics (for instance some fences are solid while others aren't, with the exact same graphic).

I understand some people think knowledge of the map might be part of the skill, but when it's almost the only deciding factor as to winning, it sucks. And as I told you I have played Lost and I was in the winning team more often than not.

PS: I think we should go back to the topic at hand though so let's discuss this elsewhere or just leave it at that smile.

57 (edited by Wtf-Pepperoni 2008-09-29 23:10:53)

[WTF] is in! We join the instagib competition. Btw Hiryuu can you change my email? It's an other one now. I'll pm it to you.

Left [WTF] so I had to make an other account here. The new account is named: "pepperoni" with a big golden P as avatar.

You are right, this conversation is off topic. Just, on Lost, the graphics quickly become invisible to your eyes. I had the same problems too. And concerning the master thing, my point is that there is no master of a map. Only a team can master something. An individual will never be (imo again) mastering anything.

Thanks for this interesting conversation, I learned a lot by this smile

59 (edited by pAn!K - Hiryuu 2008-10-25 19:01:16)

Hi all, there are some news from the last time so I will make a quick summary.

First, as you maybe know, the MTC 1on1 as been confirmed and the begin will be the 28 November. Besides, TeeTV will broadcast all of the tournament ! There are already 40 players !

In a few weeks I will ask to all the players registered for the 1on1 to validate them on the website. I will mail you but if you don't receive any email please check on www.masterteecup.com on the profile section if there is any change.

The other tournaments (insta, tdm and ctf) are not validate yet but it shouldn't be long for the 4v4 instagib cup (one more !) and I set the limit of player at 6 (it was at 8) for the ctf 6v6.

Mail me if you have any question or suggestion! wink

I have a problem smile

I'm register with ZPote and i have quit this clan.

And they are no commands for quit clan in  the website

Can you help me?=)

PS : My english is very bad sorry :s

-.iB Jordane

Ok no problem I will remove you from Zpote.

62 (edited by pAn!K - Hiryuu 2008-11-02 19:12:16)

Sorry for the double post, but i just want to announce that the validation system is activate !
Please confirm your registration now on the profile section. >> http://www.masterteecup.com/?pg=profile

Hey Hiryuu!
I wanted to ask a question, at the time [WTF] (World Tee Federation) registerd for the ctf-instagib tournament it was 5v5 right? why did it change to 4v4?
greetings,
Pepperoni.

Left [WTF] so I had to make an other account here. The new account is named: "pepperoni" with a big golden P as avatar.

64 (edited by FireArrow 2008-11-09 22:19:17)

*Removed due to off topic*

???????????????????????????????????
?¹ G???c? ¹..?.. ||                       QuiD| °RsT°Clan-Leader  [ITA]

G1nick wrote:

Do you like my avatar?

offtopic?

66 (edited by pAn!K - Hiryuu 2008-11-09 21:55:13)

Pepperoni: The iCTF has always been a 4v4 game but a team need a minimum of 5 players to register.

And don't forget to validate your registration for the 1on1 !! There are a lots of players who are not validate yet (26/54) !!

i have to report a bug:

if u have a look at the team list u will notice that QuickSilver have got 3 leaders and its only stivikivi

and 1 more thing maybe u should add a team view where u can view the members of a team

Yea I saw it some time ago but I didn't modify it yet because I'm lazy ^^
Anyway, for the moment I set it on the data base, thanks for reporting.
I will made some modification this week-end.

When is the dead line for signing up?

*** JUSTICE ALWAYS WINS ***

The 20, in one week.

any news about when the insta tournament starts?

RPG want register at MTC ictf but i'm always ZPote =>no possible for moment sad

-.iB Jordane

73 (edited by pAn!K - Hiryuu 2008-11-16 00:41:19)

I wait a last team to validate it. You can view it for the other tournament on the "tournament" page.

edit: Sorry Jordane I forgot ^^ done

74 (edited by pAn!k - Bass 2008-11-21 21:57:29)

You can see the pool here: http://www.masterteecup.com/?pg=arbre

Mine is hawt =O

75 (edited by pAn!K - Hiryuu 2008-11-21 22:12:57)

http://www.masterteecup.com/groups.jpg

I make the pools (randomly), the planning and you can see what the playoffs will look like.